Why do some religions hate other religions so much?

I don't get it. Can someone explain?

The others are all wrong

The explaination is very simple.

The correct religion is truth and nothing but truth. The other religions are a pack of lies. In order for man to know absolute truth, all the lies must cease to exists. Thus religious conflicts arises due to this problem. It is no more than a battle between the one single and righteous truth versus the horde of lies that plague man with misdirection.

Of course, determining which religion is true is the biggest mystery.

Last edited:
I don't get it. Can someone explain?

The funny thing about religion is that it all pretty much boils down to denomination..

Almost everyone in history has believed in there being one "main man" God (Even the greeks believed that Zeus was in charge of it all).. Its just that each of these areas of the earth, and bibles, have different languages to present this God's inspirations to them. They also have different terminology that they use to call him "God"- such as "Buddha" and "Allah", etc..
Their bibles all have essentially the same information in them- it is just very difficult to translate, even for someone with a fluency in their current language.. If their bible uses dated language (dated as in the same way King James Version is used- it is a few hundred years old, and people just dont talk that way anymore) then that presents its own set of problems. Christians in America are always at odds on what the bible means, and that is only within the Christian denomination, between catholics, baptists, methodists, pentacostles, jehovahs witnesses, mormons, etc..
And some denominations also use a book or literature that is not a bible to fulfill their own group's beliefs, which sometimes vary greatly from the bible itself.

There is an innate need for religious folks to get other people to be "saved" by their "one true God"- and the wording in the bibles or their language alone- can make it difficult for people to understand that the people they are preaching to are believers in the same God and religion they are, also- but that their language calls God something other than the "G" "O" "d" God because, in their language, for example- "Allah" is just the word that means "God". In Christianity, there are also a lot of people who believe that "God" is the name of the God- rather than just being another word for "Deity". In christianity, God's name is something like Yahewa or something along that lines (which is why Jehovah's witnesses call God by his name- at least that is the easiest way for them to say it)..

God called us his "children"- and would probably talk to us by saying "my children"- so calling him Our God, or Our Father, is considered to be okay.. It should just be noted that God's name is not God, or Father.. or Allah, or Buddha..

There may be also a lot of people out there who claim so be religious believers, and while they do believe in God and have all kinds of faith- they often have not even read the word of their own God, in their own language, all the way through.. Or they have, but they were too young to think laterally about it, or read between the lines.. And they may study their bibles also, and just again lack the critical thinking skills to learn anything about it, aside from what their study group's leader tells them to think.

I think that this is why there are so many perceived differences in religions.. and maybe why some religions hate other religions, at least at the root of the issue, anyways.

Since religion is for imbeciles, that's why they hate each other so much, dumb people are easily herded to hate by their leaders/clergy.

some of the smartest people in the histoy of the world believed in their religion......

now there have been plenty hearded to hate and kil with religion nowhere in sight....stalin....pol pot.....hitler.....hell there are hunders of examples of such secular hate.....often aimed at religious groups.....

i would say evil men are the issue here not religion.....

Easy enough:
Its concurence, by spreading "your religion" you spread you ideas, you gain money, fame and influence.
Other religions appear to be concurents that have to be dealt with.
Simple is it?

Ive shared my religion quite a bit. I have yet to recieve a cent for it or any fame or influence.

Nor is my faith at all hurt by others. The Truth can be ignored, fought against, lied about, and spit on, but it's still the Truth and still has more power change the world than any lie.

Since religion is for imbeciles, that's why they hate each other so much, dumb people are easily herded to hate by their leaders/clergy.

some of the smartest people in the histoy of the world believed in their religion......

now there have been plenty hearded to hate and kil with religion nowhere in sight....stalin....pol pot.....hitler.....hell there are hunders of examples of such secular hate.....often aimed at religious groups.....

i would say evil men are the issue here not religion.....

Which is why it's sad that men wont let faith in Christ transform them. Some profess the name of Christ. Others have their own faith and beliefs. Yet, the Atonement of Christ is the greatest force in the history of the world to change the heart and nature of man. Unfortunately, this gift is left mainly unused by the people as a whole, especially the Christians. It's very sad.

Relgions don't teach hate. People do, by misinterpreting doctrine.

Religions dont teach hate? Did you actually read the Old Testament?

How do you read the Old Testament? Do you read it as literal history? Do you read it as metaphor and allegory?

Do you cherry pick certain verses and use that inappropriately to advance hate?

It's not the fault of the Bible or the Old Testament its a human failture to understand and find wisdom in the teachings of that tradtion.

Try the 23rd Psalm

It's very loving and many people take it as their main spiritual practice.

To separate Dogma from True teaching, is a tough task. Let Conscience be Your Guide.

A thought from the Catholic side. It has Truth in it.

The Two Great Commandments
Lesson 15 from the Baltimore Cathechism

« prev : next »

188. Besides believing what God has revealed, what else must we do to be saved?
Besides believing what God has revealed, we must keep His law.

If you love me, keep my commandments. (John 14:15)

189. Which are the two great commandments that contain the whole law of God?
The two great commandments that contain the whole law of God are:

1.Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart, and with thy whole soul, and with thy whole mind, and with thy whole strength;
2.Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
And one of them, a doctor of the Law, putting him to the test, asked him, "Master, which is the great commandment in the Law?" Jesus said to him, "'Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart, and with thy whole soul, and with thy whole mind.' This is the greatest and the first commandment. And the second is like it, 'Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.' On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets." (Matthew 22:35-40)

190. What must we do to love God, our neighbor, and ourselves?
To love God, our neighbor, and ourselves we must keep the commandments of God and of the Church, and perform the spiritual and corporal works of mercy.

My dear children, let us not love in word, neither with the tongue, but in deed and in truth. (I John 3:18)

191. Which are the chief corporal works of mercy?
The chief corporal works of mercy are seven:

1.To feed the hungry.
2.To give drink to the thirsty.
3.To clothe the naked.
4.To visit the imprisoned.
5.To shelter the homeless.
6.To visit the sick.
7.To bury the dead.
192. Which are the chief spiritual works of mercy?
The chief spiritual works of mercy are seven:

1.To admonish the sinner.
2.To instruct the ignorant.
3.To counsel the doubtful.
4.To comfort the sorrowful.
5.To bear wrongs patiently.
6.To forgive all injuries.
7.To pray for the living and the dead.
193. Is everyone obliged to perform the works of mercy?
Everyone is obliged to perform the works of mercy, according to his own ability and the need of his neighbor.

For I was hungry, and you gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave me to drink; I was a stranger, and you took me in; naked, and you covered me; sick, and you visited me; I was in prison, and you came to me. (Matthew 25:35-36)

194. Are all the ordinary deeds done every day to relieve the corporal or spiritual needs of others true works of mercy?
All the ordinary deeds done every day to relieve the corporal or spiritual needs of others are true works of mercy, if done in the name of Christ.

For whoever gives you a cup of water to drink in my name, because you are Christ's, amen I say to you, he shall not lose his reward. (Mark 9:40)

195. Which are the commandments of God?
The commandments of God are these ten:

1.I am the Lord thy God; thou shalt not have strange gods before Me.
2.Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
3.Remember thou keep holy the Lord's day.
4.Honor thy father and thy mother.
5.Thou shalt not kill.
6.Thou shalt not commit adultery.
7.Thou shalt not steal.
8.Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
9.Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife.
10.Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's goods.
196. Should we be satisfied merely to keep the commandments God?
We should not be satisfied merely to keep the commandments of God, but should always be ready to do good deeds, even when they are not commanded.

If thou wilt be perfect, go, sell what thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me. (Matthew 19:21)

197. What does Our Savior especially recommend that is not strictly commanded by the law of God?
Our Savior especially recommends the observance of the Evangelical Counsels – voluntary poverty, perpetual chastity, and perfect obedience.

You therefore are to be perfect, even as your heavenly Father is perfect. (Matthew 5:48)

The Two Great Commandments

God is pure good,satan is pure evil,there is no grey zone between them,either be a side of light or fall into the darkness.Because devout chiristian love Christ so much,any insult or unrespect to Lord is intolerable.

Forum List

Back