Why do some religions hate other religions so much?

I don't know. I think it has more to do with religion in general than Islam in particular.

Atrocities of the Christian Church

People will do anything if they think they are doing it for God.

What is sad is that if you want to find atrocities of the Christian church, you have to go back a few hundred years like you just did. And if you want to find great progress in Islam, you have to go back a few hundred years. Clearly one religion is progressing while the other is regressing. That said, religion, nationalism and militant atheism are real problems in our world today.

Actually, religion has been taken out of government. If that's progress, then I'm all for it. I have no supernatural nor occult beliefs.

Islam Question and Answer - Ruling on loving non-Muslims
"You will not find any people who believe in Allah and the Last Day, making friendship with and loving those who oppose Allah and His Messenger (Muhammad- Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon Him), even if they are their fathers or their sons or their kindred…"
We are not saying to you curse them or pick up arms against them; however, it is obligatory upon you to abhor them for their disbelief and their denial of the Lord of the worlds and to hate the invalid and untruthful religion that they are practicing

The Muslim should feel in his heart that he hates the kuffaar and the way they look and behave. This hatred will motivate him to avoid looking like them at all in the way he dresses or in other ways. Do you not see that a person who despises a people or tribe, or people from a certain country, will hate to dress like them, especially if they are poor
Islam Question and Answer - Is wearing jeans imitating the kuffaar?

I don't know. I think it has more to do with religion in general than Islam in particular.

Atrocities of the Christian Church

People will do anything if they think they are doing it for God.

What is sad is that if you want to find atrocities of the Christian church, you have to go back a few hundred years like you just did. And if you want to find great progress in Islam, you have to go back a few hundred years. Clearly one religion is progressing while the other is regressing. That said, religion, nationalism and militant atheism are real problems in our world today.

Actually, religion has been taken out of government. If that's progress, then I'm all for it. I have no supernatural nor occult beliefs.

People like Stalin and Mao Ze-Dong took religion out of the government. :thup:

If this is part of Islam why isn't it happening in Islamic communities in my country?

For the same reason the Christians aren't allowed to do it. It's against the law.

Before you continue making things up why don't you answer my question.

Are they being used now? And were they used in America?

Well no.

Duh.

That's why we have laws protecting us against the followers of Jesus.

No, we have laws protecting us against an Established religion such as Catholosism. These laws were put in place by followers of Jesus.

Followers of Jesus eh? So if they were followers of Jesus please show me where Jesus instructed that we torture anyone?

I'll be waiting.

As did Jefferson, Washington, Adams...

If this is part of Islam why isn't it happening in Islamic communities in my country?

For the same reason the Christians aren't allowed to do it. It's against the law.

Before you continue making things up why don't you answer my question.

Well no.

Duh.

That's why we have laws protecting us against the followers of Jesus.

No, we have laws protecting us against an Established religion such as Catholosism. These laws were put in place by followers of Jesus.

Followers of Jesus eh? So if they were followers of Jesus please show me where Jesus instructed that we torture anyone?

I'll be waiting.

Christians oft claim that the Old Testament law does not apply. They cite this, for instance, when confronted with a young rape victim, a disobedient child, unbelievers, or other Old Testament laws where their personal morality conflicts with God's word. However, Jesus spoke on the Authority of the Moseanic law and drew his teachings from it, oft referring (unknown to most Christians) to Moseanic texts when issuing his 'new law'.

Has not Moses given you the law? Yet not one of you keeps the law.
John 7:19

...the Scripture cannot be broken
John 10:35

And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.
Luke 16:17

18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Matthew 5:18

16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
2 timothy 3:16

9And he said to them, "You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition!... 13thus making void the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And many such things you do."
Mark 7

Even Jesus' 'turn the other cheek'- a direct contradiction of the 'eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth' is taken from Leviticus 19:18. Remember that there is nothing new under the sun (Ecclesiastes 1:9-14). The same sentiment is expressed in Psalm 15.

This continues throughout the NT. The railings against sexual immorality in 1 Corinthians 5 is based upon the teachings of Deuteronomy 22 and Leviticus 18.

The laws regarding testimony of witnesses described in Deuteronomy17:6 are cited in John 8:17-18 and Matthew 18:16

John 7:23 raises the interesting point that circumcision (an Old Testament law based around the Old Covenant) is apparently recognized, yet the Sabbath is not. Matthew 12:5 attempts to reconcile this by- you guessed it- referring to the laws given to Moses.

Jesus' two laws 'on which the laws of the prophets rest' is not a new teaching at all, but merely an emphasis on what is said in Micah 6:8 and Deut 6:4-5.

In Matthew 19:16-30, Jesus is quoted as citing the Moseanic law yet again abd sayiong that we are not excused from following the Law of God, but rather that he adds to it. This is also one of the passages in which he renounces materialism and commands all true believers to live as traveling prophets, rejecting material wealth in favor of the riches of the kingdom of heaven
21Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."...
28Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother[c] or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life. 30But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first.

Well, this should serve as a brief introduction to get ya thinking...

-The Reverend James Teunis Beukema

I also recommend seeing the page below

One cannot escape the authoritative use of the Old Testament law in New Testament moral judgments. Upon reflection, one should recognize that such a use teaches the full validity of God's law today. Invalid rules might be used in fallacious moral judgments, but not in inspired ones.
God's Law In New Testament Moral Judgments

It is understandable; when I was a kid I had an imaginary friend, Pauli the Platypus. He used to tell me to hate every other kid’s imaginary friend and kill anyone who disagreed.
The medication stopped all that. Now I know platypuses are not real.

And I will kill you if you claim they are.

But visiting kaafirs in order to have a good time with them is not permitted, because it is obligatory to hate them and shun them
Islam Question and Answer - Making friends with a kaafir woman
Mr Fitnuts as usual, you cherry picked the artical and left out this part:

"We do not mean, however, that this Muslim woman should cut herself off completely from the kaafir woman; she may visit with her, visit her when she is sick and give her gifts, but without forming an emotional attachment or joining in their festivals and celebrations. And the Muslim woman should aim, in those visits and gift-giving, to call this kaafir woman to Islam. This is what our Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did."

Why do some religions hate other religions so much?

Xenophobia.

Exactly the same reason people hate other races, other laguages, people from any other tribe than their own.

The tenents of the religion itself, may or may ot have anything to do with it, depending on how the religion in question is codified.

But visiting kaafirs in order to have a good time with them is not permitted, because it is obligatory to hate them and shun them

"We do not mean, however, that this Muslim woman should cut herself off completely from the kaafir woman; she may visit with her, visit her when she is sick and give her gifts, but without forming an emotional attachment or joining in their festivals and celebrations. And the Muslim woman should aim, in those visits and gift-giving, to call this kaafir woman to Islam. This is what our Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did."
As if that makes it better ?
It is a shame what Islam does to the mind and heart.

So what happened to your mind Mr Fitnuts, that made you act so retarded?

So what happened to your mind Mr Fitnuts, that made you act so retarded?
Islam is retarded, thats what you are seeing.

All religions are retarded. Does the pope look sane to you dressed in his funny clothes with the supersized pointy hats? Does a woman in a burqa look sane to you. Do the jews with the black hats and curls for sideburns look sane? Do muslims with the big beard in their PJs look sane? Does ANYTHING truthspeaker says make any sense?...

Add Pol Pot and Kim Jong Ill

Forum List

Back