Why do some people dislike the Tea Party?

I'm not an american but I've seen the documentaries and yet no tea partyers are disgraced by the virol of these people. Please tell me you were up in arms about Bush's bloated spending or are you like the rest. I'm very against what Obama is doing with his continuation of wars and his use of drones. When it comes to American foreign policy no American President is liberal in my view. But the Tea Partyers are not complaining about Obama and the continuous war.
When you get a group of people who get all their information from Fox News then you are dealing with a highly ignorant group.

ah yes, you are one of those just take everything that is FED to you as truth...because that is what you want to see and believe...If you watched a documentary showing Obama as a crossdresser, you would believe that I guess....you have the Fox news liberal sheep talking down pat.....are you Liberals all sheep and stuck up snobs calling people, ignorant, least educated blaaa blaaa blaa no matter what country you are from?

and here's a clue, Booooooooooooooooooosh Ins't president and hasn't been now for FIVE friggen years

damn
I'm basing this on what I've heard directly from their mouths. And judging from what you just wrote I'm spot on. Sometimes the proof presents itself.

Observing from the sidelines, I never understood the malevolence directed towards them.

They want free speech, smaller government, reduced government spending and taxes, and they believe in the United States Constitution.

Yet they're slandered on a day-to-day basis by some people.

What's wrong with the Tea Party, and what's wrong with the people who dislike them?

Those that gravitate towards the Tea Party tend to be complete cynics, or be completely uninformed.

The idea of an alienated government as the enemy of the people, and an independent citizen freed of any and all social responsibility are concepts that dovetail precisely with the asperations of the ultra-rich in the US (and elsewhere). Small goverment, minimal regulation, and low taxes allows the financially elite to derive the most benefit from society, and to contribute the least possible. Those that have a lot of money do not need the services that come from group insurance or social programs. Those in the middle class, or the less fortunate, do. Not surprising then that the Tea Party is funded and mentored by some of the above more fortunate, in the form of the famous Koch brothers, and others.

Humans living in society have never been independent of each other to any large degree, and this is even more so in our complex and intertwined 21st century. The idea that regulation can be rolled back, and we can return to some sort of idealized cowboy society is absurd. We only have to look at the example of the 2008 financial meltdown to visualize this. Complexity in society increases, so to its controls. To abandon this means simply to pass on the control to someone else. Does freedom mean passing control from an elected representive to some element of the business or investment community? I don't think so.

Tea Partiers live in a dreamworld, where they think they can live a Hollywood style existence. For the most part, they are people who have neglected to read history, or economics, and so have become vulnerable to the self-serving. Knowledge is power- ignorance is vulnerability.

oh dear gawd...tea party think they can live a Hollywood style existence...and they have neglected to read history or economics? from the ages of people at Tea Party rallies, I'd say they LIVED history and through all kinds of economics..
it is you who doesn't have a clue on people or humans in a society...so spare us

Living a long life is not a guarantee of wisdom, not if one's time is spent with Fox News, shock-jock radio, or comic books, or similar. It is sad but true that there are those that squander what intellectual functions they are born with. We live in an age that is awash in information, but look at, for example, some of the posts on this website.

Doing away with essential functions of government, and naively, indeed reverently, ceeding power to the corporate illuminati, packing guns about in big cities, John Wayne style, ignoring environmental imperatives, and doing the other wacky things TP ers favour, is in fact a good indicator of a general ignorance of the world, and a willingness to lead a surreal existence.

Forum List

Back