Why do so many self-professed believers despise Reason?

You will not find hate and paranoia if that is what you call criticism, but Dante was well known for attacks on Obama's inexperience and more during the 2008 primary and general.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...r-why-i-support-the-man-i-didnt-vote-4-a.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/131832-why-im-not-a-democrat.html

Well there certainly wasn't any mocking of Obama as you claimed. The 2nd thread didn't even include the name Obama so I'll deal with the first thread.

This is as "harsh" as it got;

"I criticized Obama's lack of, or style of, leadership during the health care debate, but let us all be honest: Obama has shown great leadership in trouble times."

You said he didn't sound good in a debate (which is about as harsh of criticism as saying someone doesn't tie their shoelaces tight enough), then you provided him with an enormous compliment.

And all this happened 2 years ago, I repeat and reiterate, if you get to a point where you question anything Obama says or does let's say once every 100 posts you'll be making a HUGE positive step.

WRONG!!!
:lmao:

Post #18: Dante in his own words: "Obama? I think he is a middle of the road pragmatist with liberal and progressive leanings. Of course I mock the proselytizers of religion and Obama."

Post #19: Dr.Drock: "Can I get a link to the thread of you mocking Obama?"

Post #20: Dante in his own words: "yep. Dante fought for three years with people who praised Obama for walking on water, but it's election time and we have to pick."

I mock the proselytizers of religion and Obama. I mock the proselytizers of religion, and Obama. :D

I'll have to see it to believe it, kinda my view on god(s) also.

Again, when you have an experience with the divine, How is it logical to pretend that you havent?

Every seperate belief in the supernatural (and we'll include advance alien technology and advance time travel technology) has people claiming experience/interaction.

Since many of these different experiences/beliefs are contradictory and mutually exclusive, many or most must be false if any other is true.

Assuming sincerity of belief for any individual experience (unless we have objective evidence of deception/insincerity) we must also assume that many experiences were misinterpreted or mistaken.

Lacking any non-biased method of evaluating conflicting claims of "the Divine" we must then allow that our own personal experiences, no matter how convincing to us, may also be in error or due to some natural cause.

Therefore, it is is not reasonable to view any particular perceived experience with the "Divine" as strictly factual rather than being a matter of Faith and personal, not objective, belief and interpretation.

Why? Because you say it's not reasonable, it's not reasonable?

This is precisely why only personal experience with the Divine can verify veracity. This is why people are encouraged to seek God out and experiment on the Word. We are all learning at different rates, but if we presume we cannot find an answer, we wont find an answer because we will never put any effort into finding an answer.

I didn't have a clue whether there was a God or not when I started searching for answers. It seemed reasonable that there was, but the argument against it wasnt something to just ignore. Ultimately I concluded that the only way to know for myself is to do as those who claimed to have knowledge did before me, seek revelation, knowledge, and personal experience with God. I had to recieve my own witness that God was real.

And so I did. I tried praying. I studied the scriptures. I tried to follow the guidence and principles I learned. I didnt know if there was a God or if I would ever find out if there was one, but I asked the Lord that if He was there, whether He would be willing to reveal Himself to me in some way.

He did. The experience was life changing. When I became aware of His love, glory, power, etc surrounding me I realized that I had previously had countless experiences with Him and His Spirit and didnt even realize it.

The reasonable path isn't to assume that nothing is true. The reasonable path is to experient and test things for ourselves. God has invited us to prove Him. I've found that promise to be one He keeps.

Well there certainly wasn't any mocking of Obama as you claimed. The 2nd thread didn't even include the name Obama so I'll deal with the first thread.

This is as "harsh" as it got;

"I criticized Obama's lack of, or style of, leadership during the health care debate, but let us all be honest: Obama has shown great leadership in trouble times."

You said he didn't sound good in a debate (which is about as harsh of criticism as saying someone doesn't tie their shoelaces tight enough), then you provided him with an enormous compliment.

And all this happened 2 years ago, I repeat and reiterate, if you get to a point where you question anything Obama says or does let's say once every 100 posts you'll be making a HUGE positive step.

WRONG!!!

Post #18: Dante in his own words: "Obama? I think he is a middle of the road pragmatist with liberal and progressive leanings. Of course I mock the proselytizers of religion and Obama."

Post #20: Dante in his own words: "yep. Dante fought for three years with people who praised Obama for walking on water, but it's election time and we have to pick."

I mock the proselytizers of religion and Obama. I mock the proselytizers of religion, and Obama. :D

you were wrong. that's all. :eusa_whistle:

I asked the Lord that if He was there, whether He would be willing to reveal Himself to me in some way.

He did. The experience was life changing. When I became aware of His love, glory, power, etc surrounding me I realized that I had previously had countless experiences with Him and His Spirit and didnt even realize it.

you do know how crazy that is?

[youtube]RmwqnqL3Hbg[/youtube]

A god revealed himself to you and all of a sudden you realized how special you were? :lmao:

NUTS!

The Church Lady is an elderly woman named “Enid Strict”, who is the uptight, smug and pious host of her own talk show, Church Chat. Enid is a spoof of “holier-than-thou” Christian churchgoers.
The Church Lady - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

WRONG!!!

you were wrong. that's all. :eusa_whistle:

You saying you mock your fellow Obamabots, isn't an example of you actually mocking one.

Don't you aren't the only one with your flaw. It's sadly very common and the dime a dozen type of flaw. The closer we get to November, the even more perspective people lose and the even worse the "everything is your party's fault, nothing is my party's fault" view gets.

an example: Annie Laurie Gaylor, co-president of the Freedom From Religion Foundation, said vandals had shredded and ripped down the banner her group had hung at the park in December. The banner began: "At this season of the winter solstice, may reason prevail."

Don't think all believers despise reason; just that they listen to God first for reason, not man, since man's reason is flawed. We all fall short.

Isaiah 1:18
Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

I have to ask

How do you know you are talking/communicating to God?

You could be talking to yourself, the devil, or even aliens that are orbitting Alpha Centauri.

an example: Annie Laurie Gaylor, co-president of the Freedom From Religion Foundation, said vandals had shredded and ripped down the banner her group had hung at the park in December. The banner began: "At this season of the winter solstice, may reason prevail."

Don't think all believers despise reason; just that they listen to God first for reason, not man, since man's reason is flawed. We all fall short.

Isaiah 1:18
Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

I have to ask

You could be talking to yourself, the devil, or even aliens that are orbitting Alpha Centauri.

USMB is being invaded by Mormoms and Scientologists?

I have to ask

USMB is being invaded by Mormoms and Scientologists?

zonestupiddog.jpg

Forum List

Back