Why do so many people deny climate change

The difference between today and the height of the little ice age in 1680 is around 1.6c.

So a couple of degree's is as Biden once said, "a big fucking deal".

8c is the difference between today AND TWO MILES OF ICE OVER CHICAGO!

Well... THAT really put me in MY place.
It should, but you're not bright enough to recognize it, nor honest enough to acknowledge it.

If AGW is as catastrophic as you all claim, and your proposed "solution" will mitigate only a small part of the effects, then the only thing you're after is political power and government control over individual lives.

One thing is undeniable for everybody. We will run out of fossil fuels.

Before that, as various FFs deplete, we have to define and construct a completely new, and sustainable energy infrastructure. I'm thinking that, like the building of our present system, will take 100-200 years.

What do you think?

yuk........yuk........

Only internet forum mental cases think they will change the dynamic from a message board!!!!!!!!!!:banana::2up::banana::2up::banana::2up::banana::poop:

His graph would, too, if it weren't compressed to represent 300,000 years.

I do accept that for most of the Earth's history, increased CO2 has been a result of temperature increase rather than a cause. However, work last year by Jeremy Shakun (of Marcott and Shakun fame) showed that in many instances during the Holocene, increasing CO2 levels caused substantially MORE warming than the initial effect which triggered their own release. However, that was not the point.

During the 19th, 20th and 21st century, the correlation between CO2 level and global heat content has been exceptionally tight and through it all, CO2 levels have led.

The 300,000 year scale has nothing to do with any point I am trying to make. If you're interested, CO2 levels are now at values they have not reached in over 800,000 years.
images

I challenge your source. I much prefer ImageShack over Tinypic.
Woo-woo, Dave can R E A D.

Wait -- you didn't really think we were just going to take your word that these graphs are accurate, did you?

You DID?

You really know no lower bound, do you. Tell you what: fuck off asshole.
Wow. I was right. You really DO expect people to just take your word for it.

Tell you what: No. Provide citations, or STFU.

I just finished reading a post in which Abraham responded to a comment by posting a graph. After realizing the person he was talking to was taking visual cues from a picture and ignoring the information in the graph...

I believe that's me you're talking about.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/envir...rming-over-the-past-20-years.html#post7831617

The information in his graph is meaningless. No source, no citations, nothing but numbers and lines that ANYONE could have simply made up.

You can accept it as valid, but you'd be taking it on faith.

And that's the problem with AGW: The science doesn't back it up, so it has to be taken on faith.

So, when I give you the source for those data, you're going to admit you were wrong and apologize for being such a top-notch dickhead all this time. Right?
That depends on the quality of your source, doesn't it?

And no, I will not apologize for being an alleged dickhead, since you're revealed the source of that sore spot for you:

You expect people to believe what you say simply because you say it.

I don't know what prog echo chamber you usually hang out in, but it's done you no favors. You're woefully unprepared for dissent.

Well... THAT really put me in MY place.
It should, but you're not bright enough to recognize it, nor honest enough to acknowledge it.

If AGW is as catastrophic as you all claim, and your proposed "solution" will mitigate only a small part of the effects, then the only thing you're after is political power and government control over individual lives.

Before that, as various FFs deplete, we have to define and construct a completely new, and sustainable energy infrastructure. I'm thinking that, like the building of our present system, will take 100-200 years.

What do you think?
Possibly. Wind and solar simply can't provide the kind of power we need to replace fossil fuels. And they're useless for transportation purposes.

What do you think?
Possibly. Wind and solar simply can't provide the kind of power we need to replace fossil fuels. And they're useless for transportation purposes.

I think that you are agreeing that it will probably or possibly take all the years left of our FF reserves to build a replacement system. Right?

What do you think?

Actually they are very good sources for transportation seeing as most driving gets done during the day. People don't realize the energy storage capacity of millions of electric cars.

Last edited:
Dave bro.......you're debating a bonafide mental case here. I thought Chris was as nutty as could be humanly possible but........and shit.....this guy makes Rolling Thunder look like he has his feet on the ground!!!

Last edited:

What do you think?

I think that you are agreeing that it will probably or possibly take all the years left of our FF reserves to build a replacement system. Right?
Who knows? We have no way of knowing, really, how much remains in the ground.

I'm all for working on alternatives. Truly. But government has no business in the alternative business. Picking winners and losers based on political purity merely flushes tax dollars down the toilet with no return on investment. Look at Solyndra: Half a billion dollars gone, all to reward a Dem Party donor. The US taxpayers got screwed, and there's absolutely nothing to show for it.

Let the market do its job. Successful technologies WILL emerge -- guaranteed. Then they can be incorporated into the infrastructure, taking FF sources off-line as they're rendered redundant.

But it's nothing short of insanity to shut down FF sources before practical, scalable, and economical alternatives are in place. It's short-sighted and foolish, and will only harm the most vulnerable in society -- the poor and working poor.

Forum List

Back