Why do so many people believe that morality is relative?

Pedro de San Patricio

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2015
California
Running into people like this is one of the more annoying things about California. You can't discuss much else when their sense of ethics is all fucked up if not nonexistent.

The religious far right, exemplified by saintmike and where r my keys, are relativistic to the max.

The religious far right, exemplified by saintmike and where r my keys, are relativistic to the max.
I think you're confusing moral universalism with moral relativism. The former states that the morality of an action doesn't change just because your opinion does. Kicking puppies and slaughtering babies for sale will always be evil actions even if you consider them great. The latter states that the morality of an action is synonymous with your opinion. Kicking puppies and slaughtering babies for sale might be wrong for you and totally fine for me at the same time. The far right subscribes to the former. The far left to the latter.

fr
Running into people like this is one of the more annoying things about California. You can't discuss much else when their sense of ethics is all f----d up if not nonexistent.
The most annoying thing about California is that no matter how violent the earthquakes are, no matter how devastating the mud slides, no matter how terrible the wild fires, no matter how dry it gets, and no matter how unsettling the self inflicted economic chaos they face ----- Californians chalk it up to blind chance and say, "But show us real proof of God!"

All the while they've helped to redefine marriage for an entire country, have sex with anything consensual or not, introduce new amusement drugs, vote for anyone promising to promote free love and educate children in the virtues of gay relationships & fornication with free condoms, invent new religions that have aliens in place of pagan gods---calling it sophisticated, and claiming that Satan is Jesus spelled upside down.

I will not even wade into much of the crap they promote as entertainment, including embarrassing lame distortions (they term artistic license) of the Bible.

I do not agree with your use of derogatory sexual exclamations; however, I believe you've hit the nail on the head. If one doesn't believe in GOD one will accept anything that turns that one on at a whim! One will fall for anything when one rejects the truth and replaces it with personal opinion and desire...

Last edited:
fr
Running into people like this is one of the more annoying things about California. You can't discuss much else when their sense of ethics is all f----d up if not nonexistent.
The most annoying thing about California is that no matter how violent the earthquakes are, no matter how devastating the mud slides, no matter how terrible the wild fires, no matter how dry it gets, and no matter how unsettling the self inflicted economic chaos they face ----- Californians chalk it up to blind chance and say, "But show us real proof of God!"

All the while they've helped to redefine marriage for an entire country, have sex with anything consensual or not, introduce new amusement drugs, vote for anyone promising to promote free love and educate children in the virtues of gay relationships & fornication with free condoms, invent new religions that have aliens in place of pagan gods---calling it sophisticated, and claiming that Satan is Jesus spelled upside down.

I will not even wade into much of the crap they promote as entertainment, including embarrassing lame distortions (they term artistic license) of the Bible.

I do not agree with your use of derogatory sexual exclamations; however, I believe you've hit the nail on the head. If one doesn't believe in GOD one will accept anything that turns that one on at a whim! One will fall for anything when one rejects the truth and replaces it with opinion.
say-what.jpg

fr

I do not agree with your use of derogatory sexual exclamations; however, I believe you've hit the nail on the head. If one doesn't believe in GOD one will accept anything that turns that one on at a whim! One will fall for anything when one rejects the truth and replaces it with opinion.
say-what.jpg
What I mean in your case is ------- Pull up your pants and grow-up sonny.

I grew up in Orange County, which is a very conservative county in a very liberal state.

California was a paradise when I was a child, but now it's more like a third world country.

I grew up in Orange County, which is a very conservative county in a very liberal state.

California was a paradise when I was a child, but now it's more like a third world country.

Sounds exactly like New Jersey for the very same reasons. Burlington County is one of only a few conservative counties in New Jersey left. The fact that Sandy did what no other hurricane did does not seem to faze the liberals. I believe GOD is trying to warn us, but with all the "modern" education and sexual preoccupation, I don't think most care let alone get it.

Forum List

Back