why do so many of you use crime as a political football?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I just don't get it. Be it Zimmerman or OJ Simpson. Everyone seems to think they have to twist things around just enough to fit into a nice little political box.

FOR WHAT? TO WHAT END?

Usually nothing but further division is the end result. And sadly I'm looking at you lovebear. Its discussions like that that pit one group against another. Just like all the bullshit Zimmerman threads.

Crime is crime. It's the depravity of society and as such should be delt with accordingly not used as a weapon to further ones own agenda.

I guess I just don't get the obsession. Maybe because I've lived both sides? I dunno, but the game you all play with tragic situations makes me sick.

Thats all, just had to get it off my chest.

Couldn't agree more. These issues are for juries to decide. We sure as hell don't know what the evidence is, or have any insight into the details of these cases.

I just don't get it. Be it Zimmerman or OJ Simpson. Everyone seems to think they have to twist things around just enough to fit into a nice little political box.

FOR WHAT? TO WHAT END?

Usually nothing but further division is the end result. And sadly I'm looking at you lovebear. Its discussions like that that pit one group against another. Just like all the bullshit Zimmerman threads.

Crime is crime. It's the depravity of society and as such should be delt with accordingly not used as a weapon to further ones own agenda.

I guess I just don't get the obsession. Maybe because I've lived both sides? I dunno, but the game you all play with tragic situations makes me sick.

Having never committed a felony I have a different perspective than do you. Of course I've arrested many felons and interviewed/interrogated felons; some I've felt sympathy for and others antipathy - those who harm others for fun or profit are the worst.

Crime is crime but there are "crimes of passion and crimes of logic. The boundry between them is not clearly defined". I'd go on, but why. (No ?, it is rhetorical given the audience).

• Banned

FOR WHAT? TO WHAT END?

Having never committed a felony I have a different perspective than do you. Of course I've arrested many felons and interviewed/interrogated felons; some I've felt sympathy for and others antipathy - those who harm others for fun or profit are the worst.

Crime is crime but there are "crimes of passion and crimes of logic. The boundry between them is not clearly defined". I'd go on, but why. (No ?, it is rhetorical given the audience).

Crimes of passion are clearly not what I'm referring to. Having said that your perspective is one I could never understand. It still doesn't excuse the use of them as a political weapon.

I dont quite get it myself. Maybe it's just my professional attitude, but I take accusations of a crime seriously. And I prefer to see justice done in a court after all the facts are made known rather than by a mob based on emotion. I think everyone, even the most vile people around, are entitled to the best defense possible. I dont think there is anything wrong with defending even the guilty. Our right to due process is key to seeing Justice can occur.

Sure, it's disgusting to see the zealots try to twist absolutely everything into an attack on their oppopnent. And to lie and spew vitrol wherever they go. I always hope that the harsh noise from the extremes gets canceled out by the deafening practicality of the center.

I'm not ALWAYS disappointed.

FOR WHAT? TO WHAT END?

Certain parties of an interest in promoting racism, even where none exists........

Forum List

Back