Why Do So Many Hardcore Racists Deny It When Called Out?

And what about those who are not racist? Must they accept this unjust indictment and just be happy?

No one is suggesting you accept a certain level of racism, we're suggesting that people be a little more discerning and sensible before labeling someone racist. If we didn't have the witch-hunt paranoia gripping the country the way it is, you'd find there are far fewer racists than you thought.
The question was posited many times, and I've even made a thread about it...

What Constitutes Racism To You?

Have you earnestly participated? If not, here's your chance to do so.

I don't know what you mean by "earnestly" but yes, I participated. I posted on page #2 to the effect that the poll choices did not jibe with the poll question. Don't you remember? The poll question was "What constitutes racism?" but the poll answers didn't answer that question. The poll answers would have been proper responses to the question "How prevalent do you feel racism is?" So considering that, I didn't bother to participate after that.

I know what you meant. My point is that everybody is being called racist these days, especially anyone who is a conservative.

People are being labeled racist for the most ridiculous reasons and it has generated an atmosphere of fear and paranoia on both sides. This is perhaps why some folks feel the need to declare their non-racism so as to preemptively forestall the accusation.

As for Trump, he has been called racist pretty much since the beginning of his campaign when he started talking about illegal immigration. So did he say this before or after the campaign?
How is this "fear on both sides" manifested in the Republican Party as you've seen it?

Fear of being labeled racist just for being conservative which, as you well know, is actually happening.

Can you recount how Trump introduced himself to the world as a candidate? If so, please do.

No, I can't. Can you?
Because Republicans are racist.

If it quacks, walks like a duck and has feathers, then, it's a duck.

There you go Marc. If my answer did not clear things up for you, we have corroborating testimony from one who actually believes conservatives are racist.

Now do you see why there is angst among conservatives?

If you were serious about wanting to discuss it, you should have included a link where it was shown in context.
Hey dude!! How dishonest can you be. You know damned well what King has said. Remember tis thread that you participated in. ? You don't need anymore .. I posted plenty for you Batshit Crazy Republicans Part 1: The Despicable Rep.Steven King

I did not see that quote in that article. There is a limit to how much shit I can wade though. I dont' think I even clicked on the huffington post link, for obvious reasons.

Note how quickly you ASSUMED I was being dishonest, when I just didn't click on your link.

What other assumptions do you make, that are wrong?

For obvious reasons ????:abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg: OK, maybe not dishonest.....how about lazy then?

No. It is not laziness. There is just a limit to how much partisan shit I can deal with.

But really, consider how quick you jumped to a conclusion, and how wrong you were.
Please explian how I'm wrong. Take your time. You'll need it,

You accused me of being dishonest, and now you see that that was not true. I did not read it, by my perspective, because there is a limit to how much liberal shit I should reasonably be expected to wade though, and by your spin, laziness.

You assumed that I had read the whole link, and called me dishonest for not having seen a quote.

YOu were wrong to do that.

So, my point stands, consider how quick you were to jump to that conclusion, and how completely wrong you were.

You mean like you do?
The new racism is to deny the existence of racism and then accuse those who call you out on your racism ….racists - even us white people. You motorically .claim the we hate our own race That is how stupid and despicable, dishonest and idiotic you people are. It's not so easy to get away with blatant, obvious racism anymore so you resort to dog whistle rhetoric and other tactics that you know will get your message across to your ilk while giving you-what you think is- plausible deniability- but it is not at all plausible. It is painfully obvious.

What would happen to you, if you started to just assume that every republican or conservative, who told you he was not racist,

was not racist?

What would that mean to your life or world view?
If you have to tell people that you are not a racist, you probobly are a racist.

So what are we supposed to do when somebody calls us racist and we know we are not, hmm? Did you even think of that? Did it also not occur to you that people wouldn't have to deny being racist if they were not unjustly called one?

Libs cant' admit that. THey NEED to pretend that accusations of racism, are proof of racism,

or their whole house of lies, collapses.

That is why they are getting so wiggly when I ask them what it would mean if they choose to believe denials of racism.

I don't get it. So many die hard racist have engaged id, currently engage in and will engage in racist rhetoric and behavior, but when called out, always seem to slink away from it.

Why? Aren't they supposed to be proud of their stance? They should be proud.

I see it right here on USMB practically every day I post. Why hold a position that you're ashamed to stand by publicly?

Anyone have any thoughts on this phenomenon?

Because what you consider "racist" is not really "racist".

THe people you are referring to, are just people that disagree with your insane lefty agenda, that does not make them racist.

YOu are an asshole for smearing good people with that slur.

He considers anyone to the Right of Mitt Romney (and probably including Mitt Romney) "hard core racists"

Real hard core racists are the ones who admit it freely, and there are several on this board.

I don't categorize racists as if there is a more preferable or tolerable type of racism..

Awfully convenient position, allows you to dismiss anyone who disagrees with you politically.

Most liberal positions boil down to that. ANd I say most, to just cover my ass. Because really, it's all of them.

einstein-racism.jpg
Einstein was born before those lynching photographs you all use even took place.

At the time that he made that quote there was barely any non-white nations even involved in world affairs(in other words he knew next to nothing about any race besides white people and his fellow Jews).
Are you retarded or something? He made that quote in 1946. :rolleyes:
In 1946 you had the US, a few European countries, Russia, maybe Canada and kind of sort of China running the entire world....

e.

China? In 1946? :lol:
You are too stupid to understand what I was saying there.

China largely controlled the Asian market(which was not worth much) and thus a very large portion of the world population wise.

You clearly have no idea what was happening in China in 1946.

What would happen to you, if you started to just assume that every republican or conservative, who told you he was not racist,

was not racist?

What would that mean to your life or world view?
If you have to tell people that you are not a racist, you probobly are a racist.

So what are we supposed to do when somebody calls us racist and we know we are not, hmm? Did you even think of that? Did it also not occur to you that people wouldn't have to deny being racist if they were not unjustly called one?
Perhaps I should have been more clear. I'm referring to situations where someone feels compelled-unsolicited - to state that that they are no racists . Case in point-when trump declared before an audience " I am the least racist person that you will ever know" or something to that effect.

I know what you meant. My point is that everybody is being called racist these days, especially anyone who is a conservative.

People are being labeled racist for the most ridiculous reasons and it has generated an atmosphere of fear and paranoia on both sides. This is perhaps why some folks feel the need to declare their non-racism so as to preemptively forestall the accusation.

As for Trump, he has been called racist pretty much since the beginning of his campaign when he started talking about illegal immigration. So did he say this before or after the campaign?
I completely agree that the charge of "racist" is used to often without good cause, but from my perspective, it is misused far more often by those on the right. The fact that I have ben called a racist who hates my own race because I decry the racism of others is the most fucking ridiculous thing imaginable!

It is hard to credit that you are serious about that.

How is this "fear on both sides" manifested in the Republican Party as you've seen it?

Fear of being labeled racist just for being conservative which, as you well know, is actually happening.

Can you recount how Trump introduced himself to the world as a candidate? If so, please do.

No, I can't. Can you?

There you go Marc. If my answer did not clear things up for you, we have corroborating testimony from one who actually believes conservatives are racist.

The angst is self-afflicted though. Do you understand why Republicans have a bad name, especially in reference to race relations?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

And yes, brainless inbred white trash like you are perfectly capable of contributing to this phenomenon
Making such assumptions about someone who you know nothing about just proves what a damned fool you are.
Ohh but YOU can make any assumption you want about people YOU don't know RIGHT?
Such as....?
You personally know everyone on this board?

No, I can't. Can you?

The angst is self-afflicted though. Do you understand why Republicans have a bad name, especially in reference to race relations?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Self-inflicted. Anyway, how can it be self-inflicted if one is not racist? Who is responsible for the unease, anger or resentment when a non-racist is called racist as I was? In the case of a conservative who is not racist, the angst is other-inflicted.

Having said that, I understand that Republicans have a bad name because some liberals and democrats choose to paint the entire party with a dirty brush because of a few ignorant yahoos.

For Christ's sake, you just saw what deanrd posted about conservatives being racist in this very thread. He didn't come by this idea on his own, he picked it up from all the anti-conservative rhetoric flying around along with Billy Bloom and others like them.

No logic, no common sense, no reasoning, no questions, none of the tolerance they preach about, no attempt to learn more about the individual: All conservatives are racist.

Perhaps to your surprise and chagrin there are far fewer racists of any stripe than you fantisize.
Just because most are afraid to speak up, we still see their support of racist politicians. I predicted a white backlash after Obama. I was right. Most whites are racist.
Van Jones called it a Whitelash. We saw that whitelash manifested clearly in the so-called and self-professed "Tea Party Movement."
I have tried to discuss some things with you, your bigotry clouds any conversation and makes it futile. I may comment from time to time, conversation no.

Self-inflicted. Anyway, how can it be self-inflicted if one is not racist? Who is responsible for the unease, anger or resentment when a non-racist is called racist as I was? In the case of a conservative who is not racist, the angst is other-inflicted.

Having said that, I understand that Republicans have a bad name because some liberals and democrats choose to paint the entire party with a dirty brush because of a few ignorant yahoos.

For Christ's sake, you just saw what deanrd posted about conservatives being racist in this very thread. He didn't come by this idea on his own, he picked it up from all the anti-conservative rhetoric flying around along with Billy Bloom and others like them.

No logic, no common sense, no reasoning, no questions, none of the tolerance they preach about, no attempt to learn more about the individual: All conservatives are racist.
You can't be serious right now.

With all the anti-black rhetoric and anti-everything-non-white that spews from the Republican side, since, decades long, do you really not see how Republicans can come to have a bad name?

When I say "Republicans" you return with "Well I'M not a racist." Do you see the problem there?

I have tried to discuss some things with you, your bigotry clouds any conversation and makes it futile. I may comment from time to time, conversation no.
I don't recall any interactions w/you in the past to be honest. Not seem contentious.

I don't recall any interactions w/you in the past to be honest. Not seem contentious.
We have attempted conversation that revealed the futility of advocating any position you disagree with.

You can't be serious right now.

With all the anti-black rhetoric and anti-everything-non-white that spews from the Republican side, since, decades long, do you really not see how Republicans can come to have a bad name?

I see anti-black rhetoric spewing from white racists, not Republicans.

You know as well as I do that the ones you hear from the most are simply the loudest ones and do not reflect the majority view. Most of the people I know are conservative and none of them subscribe to these ideals. In fact, for most conservatives, including myself, race is a non-issue

What you and a lot of Democrats don’t seem to understand is that white racists are conservatives because conservative values jibe more with their racist views than liberal views.
This is not to say that conservative ideals are inherently racist, they’re not. Most conservatives have no problem with immigrants or immigration, they have a problem with ILLEGAL immigration and so prefer more secure borders.
So given this, whose ideals do you think the white racist is going to subscribe to, the conservative ideal of secure borders or the liberal ideal of open or less secure borders?

When I say "Republicans" you return with "Well I'M not a racist." Do you see the problem there?

As a matter of fact, I do. The problem I see is that you apparently see me as a racist because of my party affiliation, not because I actually am racist.

Forum List

Back