CDZ Why do shows have to be so deplorable now ?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by beagle9, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Admiral Rockwell Tory

Admiral Rockwell Tory Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,175
    You can? Wow! I am impressed.

2. beagle9

beagle9 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    . Certain content and the percentages of it is what makes shows either deplorable or not. I was alright with the living room being alive with music and song from the voice, and this as the whole family was being entertained, but when Miley had to use profanity back to back, and then emphasize the word when used it, my antenna went up. I said to the wife "does she have to use that word like that" ? Especially it being a supposed family type show. Good Grief.

3. FA_Q2

FA_Q2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    What makes the shows deplorable is the content - content that is centered on people acting in a deplorable way.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Xelor

Xelor Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,255
    While we know there are exceptions, teachers and school administrators to me seem today also to be responsible adults.

5. Xelor

Xelor Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,255
    Well, what am I to say. That bothers you and it's your prerogative to let it do so. It doesn't bother me and it doesn't bother me that my kids hear "foul" language. Once I became aware they were hearing it is when my wife and I had to teach them about it and include not using them (as kids at least) as part of the comportment that was expected of them and that their failure to exhibit the expected behavior had consequences they would not like.

We weren't of a mind to "get our panties in a bunch" over something so easily handled and that we couldn't control anyway. My kids went to boarding school. They were gonna see what they were gonna see, and hear what they heard. I wasn't worried about the school, but they have televisions, they cell phones, and computers. What they may have been exposed to via television was, frankly, the least of my concerns.

6. FA_Q2

FA_Q2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    Meh. They are responsible. I feel that their tool box is overly limited today though. There is simply way to much coddling that need not be there. Hell, I get a note sent to me if my kid trips without even leaving a scratch. This is not, IMHO, due to the schools though. It is due to very poor parents that think they have angels that can do no wrong and get angry at the school for basic discipline.

7. Xelor

Xelor Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,255
    Maybe so....