Why do Republicans want to tear down our "Great Achievement"?

R

rdean

The greatest gift the United States of America has given to the world community, after the enormous sacrifice of hundreds of thousands of young Americans who have given their lives in support is the ideal of American "Freedom". It's because of what the American people, together, have built that makes us respected among our friends and feared by our enemies.

Our inclusive government embodies that "Spirit of Freedom". An organization MADE UP OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE that is there when there is disaster, or when we are threatened. An organization that helps the poor and disabled. Even the help our government gives is remarkable. It doesn't just pass out money, but through such requirements, such as the work requirement in welfare, those that are helped also develop and maintain important "self respect". The American government, put there by OUR PEOPLE, is the first place the rest of the world goes when there is need of help to fight back aggression.

It was the Muslims who turned to the US when Iraq invaded Kuwait.

The thing that saddens me is how the Republican Party have vilified this great American achievement and want to replace it with....."nothing". The beauty of our government is that it's "transitory". It's something we put into place made up of people we can "fire". How Republicans can undermine what this country has built through voter suppression is a "shock to the system". They can't even deny this odious plan since GOP leaders in at least two states have admitted they are targeting minorities and working to "fix" the election.

Republicans insist our government is taking away our "freedoms" yet can't name a single lost freedom. In fact, through our social programs such as Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Welfare, Food Stamps, School Lunches, Daycare and others, we have been mostly freed from poverty in many ways. The tragic aspect to all this is the fact Republicans are rapidly growing older by the day. They rely on these programs to keep them out of poverty and help end their time here on this world with some measure of comfort and with dignity. Voting Republican, they vote against their own self interests. The Republican leadership has outright lied about the Welfare Work Requirement and Medicare saying the threat to these programs are the Democrats which all facts show, it's Democrats who want to preserve these programs. Republicans vow to replace them with......nothing.

Republicans also run on the debt. Without the Bush Tax Cuts, the Drugs for Votes bill passed through reconciliation, TARP, the two unpaid for wars, Wall Street deregulation which caused the economic meltdown, moving millions of jobs to China from 2001 to 2008 and the other devastating Republican policies, there would be no stimulus, there would be no debt.

We can't go back to Bush policies. Republicans have promised that we will. We have to fight to keep them from dismantling this country and what we have built as Americans.

We have to keep hammering Republicans to tell us what their policies will be. Mitt Romney saying that if he explains his policies, people won't vote for him isn't enough. Besides Republicans, who can accept this answer?

There have been no instances where American freedom has been threatened since WWII.

So all those brave souls who have perished in service to their country since then are nothing more than casualties of political brinksmanship.

The greatest gift the United States of America has given to the world community, after the enormous sacrifice of hundreds of thousands of young Americans who have given their lives in support is the ideal of American "Freedom". It's because of what the American people, together, have built that makes us respected among our friends and feared by our enemies.

Our inclusive government embodies that "Spirit of Freedom". An organization MADE UP OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE that is there when there is disaster, or when we are threatened. An organization that helps the poor and disabled. Even the help our government gives is remarkable. It doesn't just pass out money, but through such requirements, such as the work requirement in welfare, those that are helped also develop and maintain important "self respect". The American government, put there by OUR PEOPLE, is the first place the rest of the world goes when there is need of help to fight back aggression.

The thing that saddens me is how the Republican Party have vilified this great American achievement and want to replace it with....."nothing". The beauty of our government is that it's "transitory". It's something we put into place made up of people we can "fire". How Republicans can undermine what this country has built through voter suppression is a "shock to the system". They can't even deny this odious plan since GOP leaders in at least two states have admitted they are targeting minorities and working to "fix" the election.

Republicans insist our government is taking away our "freedoms" yet can't name a single lost freedom. In fact, through our social programs such as Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Welfare, Food Stamps, School Lunches, Daycare and others, we have been mostly freed from poverty in many ways. The tragic aspect to all this is the fact Republicans are rapidly growing older by the day. They rely on these programs to keep them out of poverty and help end their time here on this world with some measure of comfort and with dignity. Voting Republican, they vote against their own self interests. The Republican leadership has outright lied about the Welfare Work Requirement and Medicare saying the threat to these programs are the Democrats which all facts show, it's Democrats who want to preserve these programs. Republicans vow to replace them with......nothing.

Republicans also run on the debt. Without the Bush Tax Cuts, the Drugs for Votes bill passed through reconciliation, TARP, the two unpaid for wars, Wall Street deregulation which caused the economic meltdown, moving millions of jobs to China from 2001 to 2008 and the other devastating Republican policies, there would be no stimulus, there would be no debt.

We can't go back to Bush policies. Republicans have promised that we will. We have to fight to keep them from dismantling this country and what we have built as Americans.

We have to keep hammering Republicans to tell us what their policies will be. Mitt Romney saying that if he explains his policies, people won't vote for him isn't enough. Besides Republicans, who can accept this answer?

Why do Republicans want to tear down our "Great Achievement"? And who do you mean by our? Idiot. You suggest Great achievement was accomplished without Republican involvement... By Liberals alone. My how you have played right into Obama's divisive hand... You are exactly the type of moron Democrats in power long for. One easily manipulated, who will not question the intent of his masters, and will do their bidding for them. The idea that great things can be achieved without involvement of 50% of America's citizens is repulsive, and somewhat disturbing... You are a disgrace to the very Foundations of what it means to be an American.

Great Caesar's ghost. :rolleyes:

3.jpg

Bush moved jobs over seas or was it union's refusal for compromise to compete in a Global economy? Bush tax cuts? nope. Bush was handed a recession in 2001 and the tax cuts created 6 years of growth. The housing market bubble which led to the economic decline was started in 1990s and encouraged by Dems to give loans to those who couldn't afford them. Legislation also made regulations weak for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Bush moved jobs over seas or was it union's refusal for compromise to compete in a Global economy? Bush tax cuts? nope. Bush was handed a recession in 2001 and the tax cuts created 6 years of growth. The housing market bubble which led to the economic decline was started in 1990s and encouraged by Dems to give loans to those who couldn't afford them. Legislation also made regulations weak for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Um...yeah, but Boney Frank said he didn't foresee any problems, was willing to roll the dice some more. Funny how easy that is when you're playing with other peoples' money, huh?

There have been no instances where American freedom has been threatened since WWII.

So all those brave souls who have perished in service to their country since then are nothing more than casualties of political brinksmanship.

Every dollar the government spends involves a loss of our freedom, you fucking moron. Every page of regulations is a reduction of freedom.

True to form, turds like you don't even know what freedom is.

Austin 3:16 says "What?!"

OK, now I'm thoroughly convinced Deannie is a certifiable nut case. :cuckoo:

Our problem is we have given the Government too much control and the left wants it bigger so everything will be free, free, free. Well everything except the people :dunno:

Republicans want to take away my freedom to live off the government tit. They want to stop me from making someone else pay for my lifestyle.

Those freedom stealing BASTARDS!

Last edited:
Wow, what a long commentary that says virtually nothing and based on huge lies to support the next lie.

I hope you don't write for a living Dean, cuz you suck at it.

While I realize it's election season and people have passion for their respective candidates this need to categorize people respectfully might be a little bit off the mark. I have been and remain a Repulican and have been all my life , however that does not mean I am not capable of voting for anyone I see fit for any office , nor does it mean that I am not capable of having opinions that may not be the same as other Republicans . I suspect the same is true from just about everyone else and that includes Democrats as well. On here for example, I have had my fair share for disagreements with those of my own party but yet at the same time I also understand that even though we may disagree, both those in my party and those Democrats on here, we are all still Americans and that is the most imporatant thing when it comes to the overall health of this nation. Just because someone might have a different political view on something does not mean they love their nation no less than anyone else and I submit to the contrary it shows that they love their nation enough to get off their collective backsides and try and make a difference, and the same cannot be said or many others both Democrat and Republican. As an example take the Healthcare Act. there are many of us out there who have little problems with it other than the Individual Mandate and I for one see it as a good thing that people are not denied converage because of pre-existing condition. So keep in mind that only in Washington D.C. do people appear to wear a team jersey with a D and a R on it and tend to put that above the one they should be wearing which is American, and those Americans be they Republican or Democrats who take advantage of the hard won rights under the constitution to participate in this nation are not tearing it down, they are in their hearts trying to make it better.

While I realize it's election season and people have passion for their respective candidates this need to categorize people respectfully might be a little bit off the mark. I have been and remain a Repulican and have been all my life , however that does not mean I am not capable of voting for anyone I see fit for any office , nor does it mean that I am not capable of having opinions that may not be the same as other Republicans . I suspect the same is true from just about everyone else and that includes Democrats as well. On here for example, I have had my fair share for disagreements with those of my own party but yet at the same time I also understand that even though we may disagree, both those in my party and those Democrats on here, we are all still Americans and that is the most imporatant thing when it comes to the overall health of this nation. Just because someone might have a different political view on something does not mean they love their nation no less than anyone else and I submit to the contrary it shows that they love their nation enough to get off their collective backsides and try and make a difference, and the same cannot be said or many others both Democrat and Republican. As an example take the Healthcare Act. there are many of us out there who have little problems with it other than the Individual Mandate and I for one see it as a good thing that people are not denied converage because of pre-existing condition. So keep in mind that only in Washington D.C. do people appear to wear a team jersey with a D and a R on it and tend to put that above the one they should be wearing which is American, and those Americans be they Republican or Democrats who take advantage of the hard won rights under the constitution to participate in this nation are not tearing it down, they are in their hearts trying to make it better.

Here at the US Message Board, we would appreciate it if you would refrain from thoughtful, bi-partisan posting. Thanks. :)

Women's rights
gay right
Jim Crowe laws

And now, VOTER SUPPRESSION in at least 19 states that even the Republican Leadership admits is their "goal".

These are the most recent. KKK, and the McCarthy witch hunts also come to mind. Oh, and don't forget "Freedom FROM Religion". Then there is "creation" which is a threat to intellectual freedom. I could go on, but why bother? Liberals understand these things and Republicans feel if they can't control other Americans, then it is they who aren't "free".

Here at the US Message Board, we would appreciate it if you would refrain from thoughtful, bi-partisan posting. Thanks. :)

He did.

Forum List

Back