Why do Republicans sabotage Obamacare - then say it's failing?

I Don't Know How To Explain To You That You Should Care About Other People

Yes, you're very caring about other people when you're spending other people's money.

Would you rather spend more when they go to the Emergency Room?

I'd rather they pay their own bill like I pay mine. You people are the ones who decided the taxpayers would pick up the tab when you backed EMTALA. Now you're complaining about it. There is nothing that says the taxpayer have to cover the cost. You choose to cover it.

It's the law.
pull the law. that doesn't answer his question.

I’m perfectly content to pay taxes that go toward public schools, even though I’m childless and intend to stay that way, because all children deserve a quality, free education. If this seems unfair or unreasonable to you, we are never going to see eye to eye.

If I have to pay a little more with each paycheck to ensure my fellow Americans can access health care? SIGN ME UP. Poverty should not be a death sentence in the richest country in the world. If you’re okay with thousands of people dying of treatable diseases just so the wealthiest among us can hoard still more wealth, there is a divide between our worldviews that can never be bridged.

I don’t know how to convince someone how to experience the basic human emotion of empathy. I cannot have one more conversation with someone who is content to see millions of people suffer needlessly in exchange for a tax cut that statistically they’ll never see (do you make anywhere close to the median American salary? Less? Congrats, this tax break is not for you).
images

I cannot have political debates with these people. Our disagreement is not merely political, but a fundamental divide on what it means to live in a society, how to be a good person, and why any of that matters.

There are all kinds of practical, self-serving reasons to raise the minimum wage (fairly compensated workers typically do better work), fund public schools (everyone’s safer when the general public can read and use critical thinking), and make sure every American can access health care (outbreaks of preventable diseases being generally undesirable).

But if making sure your fellow citizens can afford to eat, get an education, and go to the doctor isn’t enough of a reason to fund those things, I have nothing left to say to you.

I can’t debate someone into caring about what happens to their fellow human beings.

You seem to think that funneling more and more money into the teachers union helps our kids get a quality education. Hello, where have you been over the past 40 years, we've been spending more and more money on education using the same business model for 40 years but our kids are NOT getting that quality education you speak of, relative to many other advanced societies. Changes are in order, but your side won't make them cuz your party is too in thrall tot he teachers union. And you're lecturing me about caring for other people?

Healthcare, how do you not see how much Obamacare is failing? It is astounding that anyone can look at the absolute mess our healthcare system is in right now and then turn around and talk about empathy. News flash: more gov't control is not the answer. And neither is the current GOP plans either, we gotta do better than what either side is fighting for. Thousands of people dying of treatable diseases? That is BULL FUCKING SHIT; anybody who pushes that nonsense is not in a position to talk about having a civil debate with. We have ERs that still treat people that are dying. And according to some studies people on Medicaid are not getting better outcomes than the uninsured, does HuffPo tell you that little secret?

Poverty is NOT a death sentence, Jesus H. Christ. The lifestyle and standard of living for most people in this country is pretty damn good. Your attitude is not exactly conducive to any kind of civil discussion considering your complete lack of tolerance for any view but your own. You simply cannot abide any viewpoint but your own nor offer any respect to those with different ideas and solutions. In short, you are a waste of my time. Have a nice day.
Government doesn't control our health care, the insurance companies do

Obviously they believe no sacrifice by America's poor is too great.

They figure most of those people vote Democrat anyway so it's good for the Groper's Party to let them die.

They have no fucks to give.

Absolutely right about not giving a **** about the Muslim's attempt to take over a large part of our economy. Care had NOTHING to do with it. Just like climate change has nothing to do with climate. Say no to governmentcare. It sucks. Fix the insurance companies, not my doctor.

We had free market insurance before the ACA , and it didn't work.

Yeah, actually, it did....80% of those on it were happy......we just needed to help people who couldn't get insurance....that doesn't take destroying the entire system.....

Please...tell us...why do you want all Americans on the same failed Veterans Administration single payer system?

were the other 20% people who had liens thrust upon them or downright had to declare bankruptcy due to astronomical medical bills?

Yes, you're very caring about other people when you're spending other people's money.

I'd rather they pay their own bill like I pay mine. You people are the ones who decided the taxpayers would pick up the tab when you backed EMTALA. Now you're complaining about it. There is nothing that says the taxpayer have to cover the cost. You choose to cover it.

It's the law.

Pull the law? How about pulling the law that all religious institutions are tax-exempt. That would provide more than enough money to care for sick people.

It's the law.

Damn right it is. So why are you guys on the Left spewing this bullshit crap about people dying in the streets? We've got ERs and other venues for people to get treatment even if they can't pay for it. Why do you keep spreading these absolute lies?

It's the law.

Pull the law? How about pulling the law that all religious institutions are tax-exempt. That would provide more than enough money to care for sick people.
I thought you wanted the poor to get medical help. the religious groups use to cover that. why are you and your libturds less common sense?

"Why do Republicans sabotage Obamacare"?!

You can keep your plan and your doctor
- LIE. The GOP had nothing to do with that one.

'It ill pay for itself, not cost a dime."

'It will lower premium osts.'

D@MN - Liberals can't help but blame someone else for all of their failures.

OBAMAcare is collapsing because it is - always was -a POS.

Harry Reid openly declared it was always meant to fail to lead the way to single payers. Events / history is proving Reid was a regular 'Nostra-dumbass' - spot on.

based on all 50 states participating & the ins. cos severely limiting their networks on the exchange because they had to keep their prices competitive.... but OFF the exchanges then it became a free for all & that's where you could find the wider lists of providers.

It's the law.

Damn right it is. So why are you guys on the Left spewing this bullshit crap about people dying in the streets? We've got ERs and other venues for people to get treatment even if they can't pay for it. Why do you keep spreading these absolute lies?

Duh, because ER treatment is much more expensive - and those costs are spread among those with insurance.

It's the law.

Duh, because ER treatment is much more expensive - and those costs are spread among those with insurance.
again, there are urgent care facilities. why can't they use them? there are doctors offices? why can't they schedule their visits? why is everything need to be on their time?

It's the law.

Yes it is, but that doesn't answer the question for why you Lefties are spreading the bullshit lies about people dying in the streets from treatable diseases. And since when did you guys ever give a crap about expenses. Yeah, the GOP doesn't either apparently and that's a problem but don't be trying to tell anybody the libdems have the high moral ground about less spending.

It's the law.

Yes it is, but that doesn't answer the question for why you Lefties are spreading the bullshit lies about people dying in the streets from treatable diseases. And since when did you guys ever give a crap about expenses. Yeah, the GOP doesn't either apparently and that's a problem but don't be trying to tell anybody the libdems have the high moral ground about less spending.

Dems have always had the higher moral ground on health care and civil rights. Google it...

It's the law.

Dems have always had the higher moral ground on health care and civil rights. Google it...

why would they go to the emergency room unless it is an emergency? what happened to urgent care facilities and doctor's offices?

if you didn't have insurance nor the cash to outright pay, then the ER was the place to go because they cannot turn you away. they will do the barest of bones care for you & everybody who does have insurance ends up paying for it thru ridiculous bills charged them.

why would they go to the emergency room unless it is an emergency? what happened to urgent care facilities and doctor's offices?

if you didn't have insurance nor the cash to outright pay, then the ER was the place to go because they cannot turn you away. they will do the barest of bones care for you & everybody who does have insurance ends up paying for it thru ridiculous bills charged them.
that's what religious groups were for to cover those costs. why are you sooo afraid of giving them that honor?

The gop can not stand the fact that a black president did better than Ronnie The Saint ray goon.

How is that....since everything he did is gone? By the way...what was his name again.....I just know the things people will remember about him is he gave Iran Nuclear weapons, and had a funny sounding name....

oh even you can't really believe that. cough up a verifiable non biased link.

not infowars, not gateway pundit, not brietbart, american thinker, newsmax.................
what you want CNN? LOL. what a bunch of libturd fkwads.

from any non biased source. surely one can be found.

The gop can not stand the fact that a black president did better than Ronnie The Saint ray goon.

How is that....since everything he did is gone? By the way...what was his name again.....I just know the things people will remember about him is he gave Iran Nuclear weapons, and had a funny sounding name....

not infowars, not gateway pundit, not brietbart, american thinker, newsmax.................

suuuuuuurrrrrrrreeee because you get to decide who that is.

Obviously they believe no sacrifice by America's poor is too great.

They figure most of those people vote Democrat anyway so it's good for the Groper's Party to let them die.

They have no fucks to give.

Absolutely right about not giving a **** about the Muslim's attempt to take over a large part of our economy. Care had NOTHING to do with it. Just like climate change has nothing to do with climate. Say no to governmentcare. It sucks. Fix the insurance companies, not my doctor.

We had free market insurance before the ACA , and it didn't work.

It worked for over 55 years until the left decided to make a crisis out of thin air and fucked up the mases.

It worked great. We had Blue Cross Blue Shield through my Dad's union and it paid for everything, everywhere.
The Local paid the deductible. It is what happens when our economy is booming. And those who the left think are going to die without the government dole, may well find their coverage by finding work, and save themselves from "certain death"...

I don't understand the concept of getting all of this done in 5 minutes. Until it gets done, we have the ever popular Obamacare, so why the rush?? The uninsured are already the uninsured.
Now is the time for Democrats and Republicans to sit down for as long as it takes, with us in mind instead of party line, and give us a workable INSURANCE bill. Our health care is top notch. Our government and our insurance companies are not. Not being insured is an insurance issue, not a surgical conundrum. They are fixing the wrong thing.

Last edited:

It's the law.

again, there are urgent care facilities. why can't they use them? there are doctors offices? why can't they schedule their visits? why is everything need to be on their time?

m'k..... what does your dr. charge & how much would you have to shell out if you didn't have insurance? i'll wager around $200 for a dr's visit & about $100 for a walk in clinic.

you got that lying around?

suuuuuuurrrrrrrreeee because you get to decide who that is.

i want to see who what where when why how & back up confirmation from eye witness & govt officials.

if that's too hard for kirk, , then i will call bullshit.

Forum List

Back