Why do Republicans oppose the rights of people to run for President?

REALLY?????? Have you bothered to investigate how your dear leader Maobama got himself into office in IL, he managed to get sealed divorce documents unsealed, all the while managing to hide his past and getting all his records sealed.

I'm not really sure what that even has to do with ballot access.

Yep, a record to be proud of. And then you have the fact that the comminist party is endorsing your dear leader and not running a candidate this time around, what kind of deal do you think they struck so they wouldn't take votes from Maobama? Communist Party USA Endorses Obama for 2012 | Independent Political Report

Think on that a while

I've thought on it. I fail to see the relevance. So because the COmmies don't run a candidate this time around its OK for Republicans to stop legitimate petitions by the people of a state to put someone on the ballot soley to cosolodate their power? THat doesn't make any sense.
I think if Johnson meets ballot access requirements, he should be on the ballot, but challenging petition signatures is a normal part of politics. So you might want to get over that.
How many ballot access challenges have come from Democrats this time around?

Usually its the argument he can't win so it doesn't matter but now I see the republicans blaming democrats...I do believe it was the whiner party aka republicans that have started every challenge...doesn't matter who is counting them it matters the whiner party can't win without cheating which is quite obviousl

Only republicans? Yet in the quote you posted it cleary says "scores of volunteers from both parties". Republicans may have started it, but it looks like democrats were more than happy to jump in.
Jump in and do what?

...........................help republicans shut out third party candidates. Was it not obvious enough?

Got to remember, your dealiing with a Maobama-bot -zombie here, to him nothing is obvious unless Maobama tells him it is.

Usually its the argument he can't win so it doesn't matter but now I see the republicans blaming democrats...I do believe it was the whiner party aka republicans that have started every challenge...doesn't matter who is counting them it matters the whiner party can't win without cheating which is quite obviousl

Yes, the whiny republicans, who know their candidate sucks ass, are the ones instigating all of this. But that does not excuse democrats from helping them do it. If democrats really wanted to set themselves apart they would denounce this as undemocratic, not help republicans do it.

Well I think its required by law that members from every party participate in the counting so as not to alienate them.Who knows...if they are helping the republicans then yeah they need to man up and say it ain't right.

I don't get it Republicans. You claim to be the party of liberty yet you try to block Gary Johnson's legitimate claim to ballot access in Pennsylvania. Seems hypocritical to me.
The Pennsylvania Republican Party first challenged the petition to get Johnson on the ballot. Now, after scores of volunteers from both parties have reviewed more than 49,000 signatures to determine their validity, around 15,000 are still in question and thousands of others were thrown out.

PA: Details muddy validity of signatures in Johnson ballot challenge « Watchdog News

Not only do Penn Republicans want to keep as many people away from the voting booth as possible - they want to keep as many people off the ballot as possible!

I'm paying attention to this guy. He interests me a lot.

I don't get it Republicans. You claim to be the party of liberty yet you try to block Gary Johnson's legitimate claim to ballot access in Pennsylvania. Seems hypocritical to me.
The Pennsylvania Republican Party first challenged the petition to get Johnson on the ballot. Now, after scores of volunteers from both parties have reviewed more than 49,000 signatures to determine their validity, around 15,000 are still in question and thousands of others were thrown out.
PA: Details muddy validity of signatures in Johnson ballot challenge « Watchdog News

Not only do Penn Republicans want to keep as many people away from the voting booth as possible - they want to keep as many people off the ballot as possible!

The law they are using was passed with bipartisan support, and has been used to keep ex Democrats off the ballot also, what's your point?

Dems denying ballot access: Oops.

"When Mr. Nader ran again in 2004, Democrats in many states tried to keep him off their ballots. He received 0.38 percent of the nationwide vote in 2004, down from 2.7 percent in 2000 — a drop caused by being on the ballot in only 34 states, he said.

He filed two complaints, in Superior Court in Washington and in Federal District Court in Virginia, accusing the Democratic National Committee of conspiring in 2004 to deny him ballot access and prevent him from running for president. The party sued and challenged the signatures on his petitions in many states, keeping him off the ballot in Pennsylvania, Ohio and elsewhere."

Ralph Nader News - The New York Times

Well I think its required by law that members from every party participate in the counting so as not to alienate them.Who knows...if they are helping the republicans then yeah they need to man up and say it ain't right.

That may be true. But is every party helping, or just the two biggest who both a vested interest in keeping third parties off the ballot?

Forum List

Back