Why do Republicans hate the poor?

There was a thread about the poor in America not being as poor as the poor in third world countries and the implication was that this was a bad thing.

Why is this? Why exactly do Republicans hate the poor and how does it serve them to have Americans starving in the streets?

How many people die from starvation each year in America

According to the World Health Organization, 120 Americans died from "lack of food" in 2004.

Starvation rates in the United States are generally not recorded due to the relative infrequency of the occurrence. Generally speaking, most people do not starve to death in America as a result of lack of access to food. A combination of government food programs and private charities help to ensure this. However, Americans do have a serious problem with malnutrition. Starvation (that is, death due to lack of food) in America, in the relatively rare instances that it does occur, is not usually an indication of poverty but rather a variety of other social issues.

Do some research sometime. That way you won't look like a liar or an idiot.

There was a thread about the poor in America not being as poor as the poor in third world countries and the implication was that this was a bad thing.

Why is this? Why exactly do Republicans hate the poor and how does it serve them to have Americans starving in the streets?

According to the World Health Organization, 120 Americans died from "lack of food" in 2004.

Starvation rates in the United States are generally not recorded due to the relative infrequency of the occurrence. Generally speaking, most people do not starve to death in America as a result of lack of access to food. A combination of government food programs and private charities help to ensure this. However, Americans do have a serious problem with malnutrition. Starvation (that is, death due to lack of food) in America, in the relatively rare instances that it does occur, is not usually an indication of poverty but rather a variety of other social issues.

I didn't mean there were people starving in the streets, only that that is the wish of many Republicans and how would such a thing serve them.

But feel free to deflect some more.

I don't believe Republicans hate the poor, I'm fairly certain most Republicans don't think about the poor or what is might be like to be poor, some simply choose to place blame on them for not being "personally responsible" - another right wing cliche in want of a definition.

In a bit of irony, my judgment is many Republicans are too judgmental and lack empathy, it comes with other attributes common to most R's: Avarice, Bigorty and a Callous disregard for anyone 'different' from themselves.

It is baffling why a Republican would hate the poor, without the poor who would they blame for our failing economy? Isn't it the underclass, the working poor who demand social security after decades of toil? And what of those hurt on a job and unable to work - they too demand pay for sitting in their wheelchair doing nothing - how rude, how entitiled they must be. Don't they realize they are taking money from the better off and the wealthy who would produce jobs but not for having to pay for the disgusting poor.

You just described yourself and tried to pass it off on 'Republicans'. Good job. :clap2:

I don't believe Republicans hate the poor, I'm fairly certain most Republicans don't think about the poor or what is might be like to be poor, some simply choose to place blame on them for not being "personally responsible" - another right wing cliche in want of a definition.

In a bit of irony, my judgment is many Republicans are too judgmental and lack empathy, it comes with other attributes common to most R's: Avarice, Bigorty and a Callous disregard for anyone 'different' from themselves.

It is baffling why a Republican would hate the poor, without the poor who would they blame for our failing economy? Isn't it the underclass, the working poor who demand social security after decades of toil? And what of those hurt on a job and unable to work - they too demand pay for sitting in their wheelchair doing nothing - how rude, how entitiled they must be. Don't they realize they are taking money from the better off and the wealthy who would produce jobs but not for having to pay for the disgusting poor.

I'm sure you are right that some Republicans think it's all down to 'personal responsibility'. And they would be wrong. But it's an easy answer.... and certain people prefer easy answers to honest answers. Because with that honesty comes some very difficult answers.

The rest of your post.... crap.

I really ought to take a clue from you, a professionally writer and all, so, I'll try to follow your lead. All posts must be concise, a bit profane, nasty and framed in an arrogant self rightiousness. Does that about sum it up?

Here goes ... of course I'm correct, and if you had defined "personal responsibility" we might have been able to offer comprehensive answers to complex problems. Sadly, sweet child, simple answers are all conservatives are able to offer.

I didn't mean there were people starving in the streets, only that that is the wish of many Republicans and how would such a thing serve them.

Since when do you know what a republican is thinking?

Have you ever been one? Were you at the secret meeting where the plan to starve the poor was laid out?

Or is this just a childish knee jerk re-action to cuts to welfare?

Welfare was supposed to be the cure to poverty. Guess what. 80 years of it and we still have poor. Don'tcha think it's time to try something else?

Or do you just want to keep the poor poor so they keep voting the way you need them to?

Have you ever been one? Were you at the secret meeting where the plan to starve the poor was laid out?

Welfare was supposed to be the cure to poverty. Guess what. 80 years of it and we still have poor. Don'tcha think it's time to try something else?

Or do you just want to keep the poor poor so they keep voting the way you need them to?

As a matter of fact, I was a Republican during the Bush years.

Fact, not opinion, as mani-poo would say.

:)

:lol:

I stopped being one during the Bush years. He was way to loose with our money.

On what basis do you come to this conclusion and that Republicans hate the poor?

Last edited:
And yet there isn't one of these liberals who can dispute that the right gives more to charities. Must be because we hate the poor so much....

It's to keep them out of site.

duh

I give food to the SA (I planted more than I can eat) so I don't have to see poor people at the grocery store.

I give money, when I can, to the SA so they can give school supplies to poor families so thier kids have all the supplies they need.

I, I mean, so I don't have to look at them when at Wal-mart.

And yet there isn't one of these liberals who can dispute that the right gives more to charities. Must be because we hate the poor so much....
I am not convinced that that is true. All you've really proven is the right says they give more to charity and/or perhaps keep better track of what they give to charity.

I, for one, don't keep track of donations I make nor do I deduct them from my taxes.

:eusa_eh:

That explains why you voted for Bush-III in 2008. :thup:

I am not convinced that that is true. All you've really proven is the right says they give more to charity and/or perhaps keep better track of what they give to charity.

I, for one, don't keep track of donations I make nor do I deduct them from my taxes.

:eusa_eh:

The study was posted earlier in the thread, Believe what you will. And I make enough donations to claim them, and never have. Probably never will. I doubt I can even track all the little things I spend money on for different organizations. From Veterans groups to food drives to special donations to the Red Cross for this catastrophe or that one..... And of course the favorite ones like Boys and Girls Town, and 2 local food banks. Not to mention school fund raisers. But for personal reasons which we will not get into, never the SA.

I would guess that republicans give way more to the poor than liberals do. Another post of someone playing the victim card.

On what basis do you come to this conclusion and that Republicans hate the poor?

Guess I'm not going to get an answer on this. Folks who make these wild allegations and generalizations and don't back them up have little credibility. It's reckless and ignorant behavior, in my view, and there's really no point in the debate.

I am not an liberal so am not posting this to defend them. I do however have to point out that just because they give the most to charities does not mean they give to the poor. There are thousands of charities out there.

I am not an liberal so am not posting this to defend them. I do however have to point out that just because they give the most to charities does not mean they give to the poor. There are thousands of charities out there.

And most of those charities support the rich? Get real.....

Good point. For all we know they are giving to churches to be used to pray away the gay.

:lol:

So let me get this straight, In the NARROW little world of some, it's ONLY REPUBLICANS who hate the poor?

Damn, who knew all those that are Democrats are such SAINTS.

:lol::cuckoo::eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back