Why do Republicans hate entitlements - except for the rich?

It is the stimulative effects of each that was being studied. We are about to fall into a double dip recession and our economy needs a boost. The study clearly points out which programs ARE and ARE NOT the most stimulative.

For long term economic growth, we need jobs. How we gonna get those back here when we don't make anything?
and we know how well government stimulus has worked. Now we have trickle down misery and powerful growth in the poverty market.

As for job growth? Look at what's impeding jobs in this nation for once. High taxes, unreasonable regulation, poor investment climate due to taxes among other things.
after the downgrade can you really trust what the Left says about finances and the economy
For example PapaObama Care was going to instantly create 400,000 jobs

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNiLYEiFUMU]‪Obamacare will create 400,000 jobs ALMOST IMMEDIATELY, says Choppy Hands McBotox‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Watching that video shows just how much people like Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid flat out lied to the American people two years ago. She's saying that Obama Care would immediately create 400,000 jobs when the reality of it is that since it's passage it's been responsible for hundreds of thousands of people NOT getting hired because employers are so afraid of the looming cost.

The Progressives didn't care what lie they had to tell in order to confuse the American people into letting them have their first big step towards socializing health care. The end justifies the means...right Nancy?

We are hearing mainly from brainwashed right-wing water carriers for the emerging corporatocracy. Everything they believe is pumped into their weak minds by the likes of such multi-millionaire propagandists as Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin, Steve Mahlsberg, et. al. They have no reasoned, original thoughts.

The fact is the U.S. is still a very wealthy nation. The real problem is the bulk of its wealth has been accumulated via various de-regulated processes into the control of a very small segment of the population who are hoarding it, the effect of which has been the machinery of our economy is grinding to a halt.

Our economic problems can be solved by substantially raising the tax level on the multi-millionaire class, by significantly reducing our wasteful and unnecessary patronage of the Military Industrial Complex, and by ending the wholly counterproductive War On Drugs. The revenues produced by just those three efforts can be used to totally restore and rebuild our infrastructure, which will create millions of new jobs and produce many thriving new industries.

All that is needed to move in this direction is to be rid of our Trojan Horse president.

I suggest that Independent Senator Bernie Sanders be drafted in 2012. He will put us on the right track.

Just a little "news flash" for ya, Sparky...if you were to take ALL of the wealth of the top 1% of Americans it STILL wouldn't pay for entitlement spending coming at us over the next 20 years. Funny how reality can kill your buzz sometimes...huh?

We're paying some of the lowest in the world...

How-do-US-taxes-compare-internationally-2006_2.gif

Chart-Income-tax-rates-how-the-US-stacks-up_full_600.jpg

And just here in the US...

MARGINAL-TAX-RATES.jpg

It is the stimulative effects of each that was being studied. We are about to fall into a double dip recession and our economy needs a boost. The study clearly points out which programs ARE and ARE NOT the most stimulative.

For long term economic growth, we need jobs. How we gonna get those back here when we don't make anything?
and we know how well government stimulus has worked. Now we have trickle down misery and powerful growth in the poverty market.

As for job growth? Look at what's impeding jobs in this nation for once. High taxes, unreasonable regulation, poor investment climate due to taxes among other things.
after the downgrade can you really trust what the Left says about finances and the economy
For example PapaObama Care was going to instantly create 400,000 jobs

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNiLYEiFUMU]‪Obamacare will create 400,000 jobs ALMOST IMMEDIATELY, says Choppy Hands McBotox‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
When has the left EVER told the truth about the economy?

They're called entitlements because we are entitled to them. We paid for them. Call it insurance if you prefer, but they aren't some giveaway.

You can also look at welfare as an insurance program against crime. When you are out of options and you are facing a hungry child, a parent will do pretty much anything to give that child something to eat...and that includes committing a crime.

We've got a ratio of one job to every five applicants...that's a lot of hungry people.

Oh, bullshit, nobody is committing crimes to feed their kids, and the food stamp people I see in the grocery line usually have lots of bling and state of the art cell phones, usually buying stuff with no nutritional value.

The person who has been on welfare from birth to death hasn't earned anything. They are living large off the rest of us, and that's the kind of stuff that has to stop.

Bet if you made them show up for a 10-hour work week picking up trash and cleaning graffitti, and require them to pee in a cup once a week, a lot less of them would show up for those "entitlements".

The insurance program against crime is PUNISHING CRIMINALS. Not sure why you liberals seem so unclear on this point.

We're paying some of the lowest in the world...

How-do-US-taxes-compare-internationally-2006_2.gif

Chart-Income-tax-rates-how-the-US-stacks-up_full_600.jpg

And just here in the US...

MARGINAL-TAX-RATES.jpg
A whole shitload of pretty charts and irrelevant corollary. Most of the countries on that chart who are higher taxed ARE doing worse than us, and those numbers smell very bad. I detect a lot of manipulation.

Last edited:
A whole shitload of pretty charts and irrelevant corollary.

A whole bunch of facts regarding TAXES that you can't counter with Faux talking points.
No but I can counter them with elementary logic and critical thinking.

If the US is taxed so little, and needs to increase taxes, does that mean our economy will automatically improve as you imply by your charts? Will we become as good as the following higher taxed economies:

Ireland
Spain
Portugal
Greece
Iceland

Hmmm?

How is it that those economies have not prospered if their taxes are so high? Critical thinking dictates it must be another factor, or your numbers are wrong.

As for the second chart, since we know that the bottom 50% pay a zero tax bracket, how are these numbers arrived at? Are they they average of all the tax brackets? Mighty misleading numbers then. What are they trying to hide? Is this the only tax burden on the people of these nations? Hardly.

Again, bullshit irrelevance and deliberate misdirection.

And as for top marginal rates over time you think supports your cause? I would like to see that compared with the rate of domestic investment, recessions and GDP growth before I make any great hoorays The default status for taxation is not 100%, unless you want to be a nation of slaves (which by the way you seem to be ignorantly advocating).

Such a good cattle.

So who do you think you're fooling her? Obviously not me nor many others.

We are hearing mainly from brainwashed right-wing water carriers for the emerging corporatocracy. Everything they believe is pumped into their weak minds by the likes of such multi-millionaire propagandists as Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin, Steve Mahlsberg, et. al. They have no reasoned, original thoughts.

The fact is the U.S. is still a very wealthy nation. The real problem is the bulk of its wealth has been accumulated via various de-regulated processes into the control of a very small segment of the population who are hoarding it, the effect of which has been the machinery of our economy is grinding to a halt.

Our economic problems can be solved by substantially raising the tax level on the multi-millionaire class, by significantly reducing our wasteful and unnecessary patronage of the Military Industrial Complex, and by ending the wholly counterproductive War On Drugs. The revenues produced by just those three efforts can be used to totally restore and rebuild our infrastructure, which will create millions of new jobs and produce many thriving new industries.

All that is needed to move in this direction is to be rid of our Trojan Horse president.

I suggest that Independent Senator Bernie Sanders be drafted in 2012. He will put us on the right track.

Just a little "news flash" for ya, Sparky...if you were to take ALL of the wealth of the top 1% of Americans it STILL wouldn't pay for entitlement spending coming at us over the next 20 years. Funny how reality can kill your buzz sometimes...huh?
Not in a one-time move. But over time it certainly would solve the problem -- as it did via FDR's New Deal, which raised us out of the Great Depression and into the most productive three decades in our history. (Remember, he raised the tax rate on the super-rich to 91% !) The immediate effect would not be a complete and absolute cure but it would stop the bleeding and start the healing. There is very little difference between what is happening now and what happened then.

One very important thing to consider is raising taxes on the super rich won't make them poor but just a bit less rich. Most won't even feel it. And keep in mind that raising taxes is not the only thing that needs to be done and can be done to solve our problem.

Last edited:
The (Raw) New Deal raised the US out of the Great Depression??????????

I'm sure WW2 had NOTHING to do with that!

Talk about a bald face fucking lie!

The sad part is I'm not surprised the lie was made.

IRS: Not enough rich to cover the deficit

Soak the rich, eh?

They do not have the money.
A report from the Internal Revenue Service found that the rich — 8,274 people with incomes of $10 million per year or more — earned a total of $240 billion in 2009.

Even of you confiscated every dime they earned, you would barely have enough money to cover government spending for 24 days.

Of course, about a quarter of that money already goes to the federal government for federal income. So make that 18 days.

Another 227,000 people earned $1 million or more in 2009.

Millionaires averaged taxes of 24.4% of their income — up from 23.1% in 2008.

They, too, did not earn enough money to come anywhere close to covering the annual deficits that are $1.5 trillion a year.

Individual tax collections totaled $1,175,422,000,000 in 2009 — or 15.4% of all income.

Doubling federal income taxes for everyone would still leave us $400 billion or so shy of balancing the budget.

I grew up in a poor neighborhood in Pittsburgh in an old Steel Mill city. I've seen Welfare-in particular- used and abused so many times from even members of my own family. I do understand there is that such thing as a rainy day but these entitlement programs achieve nothing but keeping poor people poor. I know people that if both the man and women had even minimum wage jobs, they would make too much money to be on welfare. And the problem is they would make more money off of welfare than they would if they both worked. How is that an initiative to get ahead in life. Personally I would settle for 2 part time jobs and make sure the gf had at least 1 part job. There is no way I'd settle for that welfare crap. I remember one time at school a girl complaining couldn't afford new $90 shoes because welfare didn't give them enough money. I'd rather my tax money to go towards getting these people jobs so they can afford to live instead of "hand-outs".

There is way more entitlements for the poor, ie welfare, wic, free education . Section 8 houses , food stamps.. That is just to name a few and the Rich earned their money others are just given to them. I am neither Rich or Poor. I a smack dab in the middle. Hubby worked his butt off 25 years in the navy and now is working his butt after navy retirement. Could we live on his retirement alone mostly likely yes but we do not want to live pay check to pay check plus we want to put our kids through college with our student loans. We do not qualify for any grants ( make to much) I would love to see my kids come out of college without owing anything to anyone but them selves.!! And last but not least MOST(not) all have earned every penny they earned !!

And I'll bet you also pay your "fair share" of taxes.........

As a matter a fact we pay taxes every year dumbass. We have always paid.

The Republican message about Entitlements is consistent. No matter what the topic, what the media, what the question...the reply is to end Entitlements. When you ask Republicans to explain their vaunted "values", the ultimate effort is to combat Entitlements. Every lie, every sleazy PR tactic, every mile of astroturf, every phony "popular uprising" are simply means justifying the holy Crusade (which often literally involves hoisting the Cross, or other religious symbols). Republicans are demanding their own Entitlement: the entitlement of the rich to channel all resources into maximizing their personal wealth.

MORE: The Alternative to Cutting Entitlements: FUND ENTITLEMENTS

The main stream media is saying that. And Dems are saying that.
Republicans want to reform entitlements so that they become sustainable, not end them.

The Republican message about Entitlements is consistent. No matter what the topic, what the media, what the question...the reply is to end Entitlements. When you ask Republicans to explain their vaunted "values", the ultimate effort is to combat Entitlements. Every lie, every sleazy PR tactic, every mile of astroturf, every phony "popular uprising" are simply means justifying the holy Crusade (which often literally involves hoisting the Cross, or other religious symbols). Republicans are demanding their own Entitlement: the entitlement of the rich to channel all resources into maximizing their personal wealth.

MORE: The Alternative to Cutting Entitlements: FUND ENTITLEMENTS

The main stream media is saying that. And Dems are saying that.
Republicans want to reform entitlements so that they become sustainable, not end them.
and in that I have a problem with the GOP. Fucking END them!

This isn't a question of how fast do you want to get to hell, by rocket (Libs) or bus (GOP). It's a question of go to hell or NOT go to hell. This is why we're in such a politcal mess. They're just arguing over speed and ticket price to arrive at the same disaster. I want politicians who say, Howabout we DON'T go?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back