Why do Republicans hate entitlements - except for the rich?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lakhota, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Lakhota

Lakhota Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,943
    The Republican message about Entitlements is consistent. No matter what the topic, what the media, what the question...the reply is to end Entitlements. When you ask Republicans to explain their vaunted "values", the ultimate effort is to combat Entitlements. Every lie, every sleazy PR tactic, every mile of astroturf, every phony "popular uprising" are simply means justifying the holy Crusade (which often literally involves hoisting the Cross, or other religious symbols). Republicans are demanding their own Entitlement: the entitlement of the rich to channel all resources into maximizing their personal wealth.

MORE: The Alternative to Cutting Entitlements: FUND ENTITLEMENTS

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Lakhota

Lakhota Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,943
    A must see video, wherein Thom Hartmann completely destroys the Fox Business meme on entitlement programs (Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security), and the Republican war against working people.

The real “makers” in our society are the people creating demand by buying things. Remember what George W. Bush said after 9/11? "Go shopping." Even Bush understood that the real “makers” in our society are the consumers and the wage workers. Not the guys out playing golf on a Wednesday. Even people on social security or unemployment are “makers”, because they're spending every penny they get, and their consumer spending is what drives the economy. This is not a nation of “makers” and “takers”. It's a nation of “makers”, with a couple thousand millionaires and billionaires looting what's left.

MORE: VIDEO and Full Text Transcript: Thom Hartman on the Republican War Against Working People

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  3. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    OMG. the DAILYKOS.

And guess what it's about, the rich the rich the rich the rich the rich the rich..

They should go ask all their friggen RICH representatives WHAT the hell is up with ALL YOUR RICHES..

But they won't, they will just piss and moan and play the CLASS warfare games and continue to say the Republican have a war(how nice choice of words there eh?) the working people..... because THAT IS ALL THEY GOT folks.

What the fuck don't you self righteous liberals get. US WORKING PEOPLE who PAY ALL THE TAXES are BROKE. we can't fund all your favorite class warfare games (entitlement) anymore. you all can go to hell

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  4. The Infidel

The Infidel EVIL CONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173
    When you take money from one mans pocket (who earned it from whatever means, but it is his) and put it in another mans pocket in the name of social justice.... well that my friend is just evil.

Nowhere in th Constittion does it say we are entitled to ANYTHING from the Fed Gov't.

This word entitlement bothers me to no end... I get it, we should take care of those who cant take care of themselves, but to say some idiot who cant find a job b/c WHATEVER reason, or for some woman who cant seem to keep her pants on and has 5 kids with 4 different dads.... why is she entitled to anything from me or you.... Let the private sector take care of it. Americans are very generous people... the ones who really need it will get help.
    Heck, I have a homeless friend who lives on an old boat that I befriended, and my church helps keep him fed.

We dont need the gov't wasting our money on failed programs that are being looted by folks who dont need the help... they just like the free hand outs.

There, I am done.....

Wait.... what entitlements do the rich have?

Other than the ones they pay for. :eusa_eh:

5. Big Fitz

Big Fitz User Quit *****

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,475
    Oh give me a fucking break! Thom Hartmann is a credible source to you?!?!? Mr. "All Evil Can Be Traced To Reagan"????? Plus a link to the Daily Kos!? Wow... fucking whackaloon territory here.

And here I thought you were going to be sane. They play his radio show here in the twin cities. Occasionally I listen to it. rarely do I manage an entire hour of it because he goes screaming off the deep end ranting about his pet bogyman, Reagan.

But at least now he has teapartiers to freak out about too.

6. bripat9643

bripat9643 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,285
    One more sleazy liberal attempt to compare money taken at gun point with money acquire by voluntary exchange.

Libturds simple don't see a problem with holding people up at gunpoint.

They exhibit the ethics of car-jackers and liquor store bandits.

7. Lakhota

Lakhota Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,943
    Yes, and so is Warren Buffet.

8. Lakhota

Lakhota Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,943
  9. eagleseven

eagleseven Quod Erat Demonstrandum

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,255
    *yawns*

It doesn't matter what the Republicans or Democrats want, our welfare state is quickly becoming insolvent. Bitch your heart out, Lakhota, because it won't stop the hard facts of our economic condition from crushing you and your children.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  10. Lakhota

Lakhota Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,943
    Sounds like retarded bullshit from Virgil.