Why do Republicans hate entitlements - except for the rich?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
The Republican message about Entitlements is consistent. No matter what the topic, what the media, what the question...the reply is to end Entitlements. When you ask Republicans to explain their vaunted "values", the ultimate effort is to combat Entitlements. Every lie, every sleazy PR tactic, every mile of astroturf, every phony "popular uprising" are simply means justifying the holy Crusade (which often literally involves hoisting the Cross, or other religious symbols). Republicans are demanding their own Entitlement: the entitlement of the rich to channel all resources into maximizing their personal wealth.

MORE: The Alternative to Cutting Entitlements: FUND ENTITLEMENTS

A must see video, wherein Thom Hartmann completely destroys the Fox Business meme on entitlement programs (Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security), and the Republican war against working people.

The real “makers” in our society are the people creating demand by buying things. Remember what George W. Bush said after 9/11? "Go shopping." Even Bush understood that the real “makers” in our society are the consumers and the wage workers. Not the guys out playing golf on a Wednesday. Even people on social security or unemployment are “makers”, because they're spending every penny they get, and their consumer spending is what drives the economy. This is not a nation of “makers” and “takers”. It's a nation of “makers”, with a couple thousand millionaires and billionaires looting what's left.

MORE: VIDEO and Full Text Transcript: Thom Hartman on the Republican War Against Working People

Last edited:
OMG. the DAILYKOS.

And guess what it's about, the rich the rich the rich the rich the rich the rich..

They should go ask all their friggen RICH representatives WHAT the hell is up with ALL YOUR RICHES..

But they won't, they will just piss and moan and play the CLASS warfare games and continue to say the Republican have a war(how nice choice of words there eh?) the working people..... because THAT IS ALL THEY GOT folks.

What the fuck don't you self righteous liberals get. US WORKING PEOPLE who PAY ALL THE TAXES are BROKE. we can't fund all your favorite class warfare games (entitlement) anymore. you all can go to hell

Last edited:
When you take money from one mans pocket (who earned it from whatever means, but it is his) and put it in another mans pocket in the name of social justice.... well that my friend is just evil.

Nowhere in th Constittion does it say we are entitled to ANYTHING from the Fed Gov't.

This word entitlement bothers me to no end... I get it, we should take care of those who cant take care of themselves, but to say some idiot who cant find a job b/c WHATEVER reason, or for some woman who cant seem to keep her pants on and has 5 kids with 4 different dads.... why is she entitled to anything from me or you.... Let the private sector take care of it. Americans are very generous people... the ones who really need it will get help.
Heck, I have a homeless friend who lives on an old boat that I befriended, and my church helps keep him fed.

We dont need the gov't wasting our money on failed programs that are being looted by folks who dont need the help... they just like the free hand outs.

There, I am done.....

Wait.... what entitlements do the rich have?

Other than the ones they pay for. :eusa_eh:

Oh give me a fucking break! Thom Hartmann is a credible source to you?!?!? Mr. "All Evil Can Be Traced To Reagan"????? Plus a link to the Daily Kos!? Wow... fucking whackaloon territory here.

And here I thought you were going to be sane. They play his radio show here in the twin cities. Occasionally I listen to it. rarely do I manage an entire hour of it because he goes screaming off the deep end ranting about his pet bogyman, Reagan.

But at least now he has teapartiers to freak out about too.

The Republican message about Entitlements is consistent. No matter what the topic, what the media, what the question...the reply is to end Entitlements. When you ask Republicans to explain their vaunted "values", the ultimate effort is to combat Entitlements. Every lie, every sleazy PR tactic, every mile of astroturf, every phony "popular uprising" are simply means justifying the holy Crusade (which often literally involves hoisting the Cross, or other religious symbols). Republicans are demanding their own Entitlement: the entitlement of the rich to channel all resources into maximizing their personal wealth.

One more sleazy liberal attempt to compare money taken at gun point with money acquire by voluntary exchange.

Libturds simple don't see a problem with holding people up at gunpoint.

They exhibit the ethics of car-jackers and liquor store bandits.

*yawns*

It doesn't matter what the Republicans or Democrats want, our welfare state is quickly becoming insolvent. Bitch your heart out, Lakhota, because it won't stop the hard facts of our economic condition from crushing you and your children.

Oh give me a fucking break! Thom Hartmann is a credible source to you?!?!?

Yes, and so is Warren Buffet.
On investment yes, Buffet is credible. Politics? He's a twatwaffle pimping the politicians and plans that benefit his profits.

As Lenin put it, capitalists will sell the rope used to hang them with. Buffet is just that kind of capitalist.

Sounds like retarded bullshit from Virgil.
Our situation is so fucked that S&P just downgraded our debt rating. The damage this represents won't change no matter who wins in 2012. Dems and Repubs will be fighting over the scraps/ruins.

If that won't wake you up, you're a hopeless partisan dog.

The simple fact is that our present array of entitlements are not sustainable. We don't have close to enough money coming in to pay for all these give a ways. Now you can try to paint Republicans as "evil" because they've pointed out the obvious but doing so is a little like Mommy telling the kids that Daddy doesn't love them anymore because he just cut up the credit cards that she ran up some huge bills with. For all the talk this Administration does about people needing to be "adults" you'd think that they might show some maturity themselves.

Righties even seem unable to grasp that $1.00 of unemployment insurance benefits provides a bang for the buck of $1.61—that is, for every $1 in UI benefits, GDP one year later is increased by an estimated $1.61.

http://www.economy.com/mark-zandi/d...e-Committee-Unemployment Insurance-041410.pdf

Please stop trying to get that tired dog to hunt...nobody bought it when Nancy Pelosi trotted it out a year and a half ago and nobody (with a whit of common sense) buys it now.

Righties even seem unable to grasp that $1.00 of unemployment insurance benefits provides a bang for the buck of $1.61—that is, for every $1 in UI benefits, GDP one year later is increased by an estimated $1.61.
GDP does not account for long-term costs of debt, so that $1 borrowed from China will increase GDP by >$1 in the short-term. By your logic, we should borrow as much money as humanly possible from China, because it will SOAR our GDP next year. Rather like how a bodybuilder takes steroids to look good now, at the cost of years of his life in the future.

The GDP is a limited measure, and by not understanding what it represents, your policy fails.

Here's the funny thing about rich people: Without the poor and middle class buying most of the stuff they sell - there would be no rich people.

Here's the funny thing about rich people: Without the poor and middle class buying most of the stuff they sell - there would be no rich people.
Which is why America cannot survive without poor Africans buying all our crap? Even the poorest American on welfare is rich by African standards.

And without rich people, all are poor. The rich and poor must work together for an economy to grow, capital and labor uniting to build a country. Fighting over scraps will lead us to ruin.

Last edited:

http://www.economy.com/mark-zandi/documents/Senate-Finance-Committee-Unemployment%20Insurance-041410.pdf
ROFL... you're actually pimping Nancy Pelosi's theory????

Well shit! Let's all go on unemployment then and improve the economy by 60% in a month!

Fire up the calliope boys! The circus got itself a new clown!!!! Loop doop doodle doodle doop doop doop doop!!!!

Hey! let's increase GDP by smashing all the windows too! Let's wreck a few cars and blow up a few buildings! That'll REALLY get things rolling! After all, insurance companies pay for that. Oh wait, we're all on unemployment improving the fucking economy!

Take a laxative so you can pull your head out and get a clean breath.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back