Why do republicans continue to delude themselves by believing they are Christian?

Which society is at peace? Any?
That didn't answer the question of why not.
Then it's because you haven't shown any society that uses that tactic and that is at peace.
That's because it isn't done on a societal level, Taz, it is done on a personal level. And since you are arguing against it, we know you don't practice it.
So you agree, it doesn't work on a society. Good for you.
But it does work on a societal level if the the people practice it. They just don't all practice it. You are a perfect example of this.
So it doesn't work on a society. You already said that.

That didn't answer the question of why not.
Then it's because you haven't shown any society that uses that tactic and that is at peace.
That's because it isn't done on a societal level, Taz, it is done on a personal level. And since you are arguing against it, we know you don't practice it.
But it does work on a societal level if the the people practice it. They just don't all practice it. You are a perfect example of this.
Only because of people who behave like yourself.

So it's my fault. :lol:

Actually, I live extremely peacefully. Give me an example of the bad things that I do.

Actually, I live extremely peacefully. Give me an example of the bad things that I do.
No. It isn't your fault. You can't help yourself.

So no examples? Again? Sheesh you're bad at this.

Your entire purpose for being here is an example. You condemn respect for people of faith.

Your entire purpose for being here is an example. You condemn respect for people of faith.
No, I simply call you on your bullshit, then laugh at you.

Can you spell rationalizing?

If someone had something plausible to put forward, I could discuss it rationally. You're just butthurt because nobody takes you seriously. Ever wonder why?

Don't be silly. Of course I don't. The best I have is a big picture filled with lots of mysteries.
So you don't know what god wants? How can you follow someone if you don't even know what they want out of you? That's douche. Maximum.

Most religions claiming to be Christian--aren't. They do not listen to Jesus--He taught--man does not live by bread alone, but by EVERY utterance from God--His real teachers make sure that is accomplished-- Every follower makes sure they learn every utterance as well and live by them. There will no excuses for mortals.

Dear kjw47
Since everyone qualifies as a Hypocrite, the way I can tell Christian's from Gentiles is whether they respond to rebuke using the Bible, or whether they need to see proof to change their judgment to a different conclusion. Christian's make and follow a commitment to answer to the Laws under Scripture. Gentiles answer to natural laws of science and reason. People are stubborn and emotionally biases by fears and dislikes. But by the time we resolve a conflict this will show which set of laws they listen to and live by

Nobody is perfect. So if we judged by which beliefs principles and standards we claim to respect we'd all fall short, some worse than others but nobody would meet their own standards 100% that's not any way to tell

What reveals a person's denomination is what they respond to when agreeing to change or correction.

This is how many opinions count in all of creation= 1= Gods.
You are right all fall short, but FEW have entered through the narrow gate and have learned and applied-EVERY utterance from God without fail.
What makes you think that there's only 1 god?

Because its a fact.

If someone had something plausible to put forward, I could discuss it rationally. You're just butthurt because nobody takes you seriously. Ever wonder why?
No. You can't. And you have no intention of even trying.

Hi
Why would I? It would just go over your head while in the ducking position.
Not ducking, you are. "Pride should be avoided", this is more of a suggestion, not a law, and which has nothing to do with nature that I can see.
If you aren't ducking then you wouldn't need for me to explain the link, Taz.
It's a bunch of stupid sayings, I don't need that part explained to me, What I need explained to me is how any of this matters in the real world?

Dear Taz
Here is some of the real world wisdom in the Bible that has the greatest impact that multiplies and spreads when people actually embrace and enforce it in our relationship with each other as neighbors in Christ or by Conscience and law:

1. Correct your own faults and biases before helping a neighbor fix theirs - this is a commonly cited verse in Mark Luke and Matthew that is easy to say but hard to practice unless both sides agree to help each other fix faults dividing them

2. The more we forgive the more wisdom blessings and rewards we receive . In the Bible this is stated as we must forgive if we are to be forgiven. It doesn't explain all the benefits that follow from agreeing to forgive. That gets learned from experience. When we don't forgive we suffer worse results. Forgiveness is the greatest act of charity of all. Christian's Cal this grace, that exists and is ours fir the asking. Ask and we shall receive.

3. When 2 or 3 agree in Christ or by conscience, then the truth can be established to restore good faith relations peace and justice between people as neighbors. When we do this collectively it unites and heals communities and humanity as the church body. This is what it means for the people to be saved from suffering death and destruction by receiving Christ Jesus, or Restorative Justice, which rights all wrongs and heals all wounds. So this brings lasting peace and justice or the kingdom of God which is heaven on Earth.
Man, that sure is a lot of fartsmoke this early in the morning. Were you eating beans last night? :biggrin:

So then why do religious people attack others, like with the US military?
Dear Taz
Attacks are mostly motivated by fear.
Fear of change fear of the unknown fear of being forced or controlled by conflicting groups. The fear is mutual so groups attack each other to defend their turf and build walls and barriers to keep each other out of their space. Turf wars and pecking order pack mentality.

The point of God's love and grace through Christ is to speak with love not fear and do all things with love or charity. Love conquers and casts out fear. That's the ideal.

But it takes a process to learn to love one another instead of fear one another. It's taken humanity centuries yet we still see tribal wars. Religious groups are no different but fall to politics and power grabbing like any other groups that get corrupted or abused in large numbers.

People fight until we learn to live like the fifty states that govern themselves and don't impose on others states which have their own sovereign citizens. Religious and political groups need to learn to do what the states did in forming a peaceful union. But in the meantime, people seek to win their way but bullying by force. So other groups react by attacking any other group seen as a threat to them or society.

Have you ever tried to teach a feral cat not to be afraid? You get scratched up even though you mean well. That's how people are. Just scaredy-cats who claw each other trying to defend themselves when they don't know who to trust.

Last edited:
Don't be silly. Of course I don't. The best I have is a big picture filled with lots of mysteries.
So you don't know what god wants? How can you follow someone if you don't even know what they want out of you? That's douche. Maximum.

Most religions claiming to be Christian--aren't. They do not listen to Jesus--He taught--man does not live by bread alone, but by EVERY utterance from God--His real teachers make sure that is accomplished-- Every follower makes sure they learn every utterance as well and live by them. There will no excuses for mortals.

Dear kjw47
Since everyone qualifies as a Hypocrite, the way I can tell Christian's from Gentiles is whether they respond to rebuke using the Bible, or whether they need to see proof to change their judgment to a different conclusion. Christian's make and follow a commitment to answer to the Laws under Scripture. Gentiles answer to natural laws of science and reason. People are stubborn and emotionally biases by fears and dislikes. But by the time we resolve a conflict this will show which set of laws they listen to and live by

Nobody is perfect. So if we judged by which beliefs principles and standards we claim to respect we'd all fall short, some worse than others but nobody would meet their own standards 100% that's not any way to tell

What reveals a person's denomination is what they respond to when agreeing to change or correction.

You are right all fall short, but FEW have entered through the narrow gate and have learned and applied-EVERY utterance from God without fail.
Taz by definition of what is meant by God, by God's will truth or laws. If you are talking about the topmost universal all inclusive level, this has to include all other levels of local tribal laws or authorities or relative levels or perceptions of truth.

It's like the difference between local state laws, where those authorities are the law or Lord over people, in relationship to Constitutional laws that govern all people of all states as central law of the land.

The meaning of Jesus as Lord of all means universal or equal justice under law for all people regardless of our local laws or tribal beliefs and relative cultural standards and policies. Universal laws apply to all humanity across the board. So when we seek agreement on God's truth that's the level it takes to bring us to unity.

Anything less than that is going to result in division by relative biases and preferences and beliefs. That's how you can tell the difference. So yes there are many gods but only one universal God that all others submit to equally.

Dear kjw47

Because its a fact.
Prove it then.

Dear kjw47

Because its a fact.
Prove it then.

Only God can do that for you. But you stand in opposition with disbelief. YHVH(Jehovah) is the only true God.
The whole world has watched revelation passing before their eyes for a long time, yet they cannot see.( 2Cor 4:4)-- its getting near to the ---- hitting the fan.
This world( system) is falling apart quickly.

Dear kjw47

Because its a fact.
Prove it then.

Only God can do that for you. But you stand in opposition with disbelief. YHVH(Jehovah) is the only true God.
The whole world has watched revelation passing before their eyes for a long time, yet they cannot see.( 2Cor 4:4)-- its getting near to the ---- hitting the fan.
I think god has a brother and sister.

If you aren't ducking then you wouldn't need for me to explain the link, Taz.
It's a bunch of stupid sayings, I don't need that part explained to me, What I need explained to me is how any of this matters in the real world?

Dear Taz
Here is some of the real world wisdom in the Bible that has the greatest impact that multiplies and spreads when people actually embrace and enforce it in our relationship with each other as neighbors in Christ or by Conscience and law:

1. Correct your own faults and biases before helping a neighbor fix theirs - this is a commonly cited verse in Mark Luke and Matthew that is easy to say but hard to practice unless both sides agree to help each other fix faults dividing them

2. The more we forgive the more wisdom blessings and rewards we receive . In the Bible this is stated as we must forgive if we are to be forgiven. It doesn't explain all the benefits that follow from agreeing to forgive. That gets learned from experience. When we don't forgive we suffer worse results. Forgiveness is the greatest act of charity of all. Christian's Cal this grace, that exists and is ours fir the asking. Ask and we shall receive.

3. When 2 or 3 agree in Christ or by conscience, then the truth can be established to restore good faith relations peace and justice between people as neighbors. When we do this collectively it unites and heals communities and humanity as the church body. This is what it means for the people to be saved from suffering death and destruction by receiving Christ Jesus, or Restorative Justice, which rights all wrongs and heals all wounds. So this brings lasting peace and justice or the kingdom of God which is heaven on Earth.
Man, that sure is a lot of fartsmoke this early in the morning. Were you eating beans last night? :biggrin:

Good Lord, is there anything you don't blame religion for?
You're both saying that your religion leads to peace and harmony. All the wars past and current waged by Christians would dispute that. You just can't handle the truth.
Hi Taz
Its not just established religions but ANY collective entity or organization leads to abuse oppression corruption and tribal wars. People are defensive self interested biased and get greedy with power and control even as individuals. So ANY collective group or corporation of individuals is going to be Worse, more at risk of getting out of hand and abusing some for the benefit of others with more dominance.

Religion is only ONE example.
Political religions are the most dangerous but even unarmed cults or churches have abused their members.

Look at political parties.
They are warring over beliefs but
Not called a religion. I find they have become political religions.

Now look at peaceful religious groups like Buddhist and Baha'i that are persecuted more than persecute others. What makes these two groups different is they teach independent investigation. They don't coerce anyone.

The real cause of abuse violence and war is bullying by coercion or exclusion.

The factors behind that are
Unforgiveness
Fear
Ill will

If you look through history Taz
Every war or act if violence or crime abuse or oppression had either fear or ill will and retribution behind it. But not every such act or incident involved religion.

The Chinese govt oppresses and wars against it's own people and neighbors at a higher proportion because of their size. And it's all political because they don't recognize much less practice religion as Christian's do.

They aren't Muslim yet they terrorize and torture more innocent people in the name of national control.

So it's more than just religion. Corporations destroy the planet and community villages not out of religion but capitalistic profit that doesn't take into consideration the health and welfare of all those affected. This causes war also.

Don't limit it to just religion.
Any colective system run by humans gets at risk of abuse of power to oppress individuals with less influence than bigger groups.

Dear Taz

Good Lord, is there anything you don't blame religion for?
You're both saying that your religion leads to peace and harmony. All the wars past and current waged by Christians would dispute that. You just can't handle the truth.
Hi Taz
Its not just established religions but ANY collective entity or organization leads to abuse oppression corruption and tribal wars. People are defensive self interested biased and get greedy with power and control even as individuals. So ANY collective group or corporation of individuals is going to be Worse, more at risk of getting out of hand and abusing some for the benefit of others with more dominance.

Religion is only ONE example.
Political religions are the most dangerous but even unarmed cults or churches have abused their members.

Look at political parties.
They are warring over beliefs but
Not called a religion. I find they have become political religions.

Now look at peaceful religious groups like Buddhist and Baha'i that are persecuted more than persecute others. What makes these two groups different is they teach independent investigation. They don't coerce anyone.

The real cause of abuse violence and war is bullying by coercion or exclusion.

The factors behind that are
Unforgiveness
Fear
Ill will

If you look through history Taz
Every war or act if violence or crime abuse or oppression had either fear or ill will and retribution behind it. But not every such act or incident involved religion.

The Chinese govt oppresses and wars against it's own people and neighbors at a higher proportion because of their size. And it's all political because they don't recognize much less practice religion as Christian's do.

They aren't Muslim yet they terrorize and torture more innocent people in the name of national control.

So it's more than just religion. Corporations destroy the planet and community villages not out of religion but capitalistic profit that doesn't take into consideration the health and welfare of all those affected. This causes war also.

Don't limit it to just religion.
Any colective system run by humans gets at risk of abuse of power to oppress individuals with less influence than bigger groups.
Your replies are too long, condense or don't bother. thanks.

Because its a fact.
Prove it then.

Why?

Because its a fact.
Prove it then.

Why?
And a father and mother. Why not?

Forum List

Back