Why Do Republicans Always Lie About Protest When It Stems from Black People?

“Why is it so important for Trump supporters and other self-proclaimed conservatives to brand the protests as un-American?”

Because most on the right are demagogues, they use lies, fear, and intimidation to vilify political opponents and to pander to their base.

Conservatives know they’re wrong on the issues, they know they’re wrong to accuse those who engage in peaceful, lawful protest as being ‘un-American,’ and rather than to acknowledge the fact they’re wrong they contrive and propagate the lie that those who oppose Trump and the right’s failed, hateful, wrongheaded agenda are ‘un-patriotic’ – when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.
As long as Trump pisses off libs and dems they'll support any jack assed thing he does or says

The jack ass thing here is the kneeling during the anthem.

Fuck the players, and the owners and the NFL.
But not fuck trump?? How come you left that lying piece of trash out?? He deserves it more than anyone And the real ah thing is tweeting about that BS while Puerto Rico drowns

Why Do Republicans Always Lie About Protest When It Stems from Black People?

I don't know the psychology behind it, but I suspect it has to do with:
  • white fragility -- not really wanting to admit there's something amiss as goes race-related issues,
    • zero-sum thinking whereby whites construe that if there's something amiss, the fix means we get less of the "bounty" available by dint of having increased numbers of non-whites receiving shares of that "bounty,"
  • Republican notions of individual liberty, which intrinsically aligns with an "I" mindset rather than a "we" mindset
OP-er, you may find parts of these essays helpful:
Never underestimate the ability of white liberals to write some of the dumbest crap known to man.

“Why is it so important for Trump supporters and other self-proclaimed conservatives to brand the protests as un-American?”

Because most on the right are demagogues, they use lies, fear, and intimidation to vilify political opponents and to pander to their base.

Conservatives know they’re wrong on the issues, they know they’re wrong to accuse those who engage in peaceful, lawful protest as being ‘un-American,’ and rather than to acknowledge the fact they’re wrong they contrive and propagate the lie that those who oppose Trump and the right’s failed, hateful, wrongheaded agenda are ‘un-patriotic’ – when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.
As long as Trump pisses off libs and dems they'll support any jack assed thing he does or says

The jack ass thing here is the kneeling during the anthem.

Fuck the players, and the owners and the NFL.
But not fuck trump?? How come you left that lying piece of trash out?? He deserves it more than anyone And the real ah thing is tweeting about that BS while Puerto Rico drowns

Trump was right to call these asshole out on their actions.

Your profound ignorance about the situation in Puerto Rico is NOT surprising. Keep studying Media Matters, The Nation, and DailyKOS.

Fine, then why didn't all the Black millionaire NFL players take their own time and money and have a protest against Police? If I made a political protest on the job, I would be called into HR on the first offense and fired on the second offense.
And if my uncle was a woman, he'd be my aunt. So. what?

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

Your profound ignorance about the situation in Puerto Rico is NOT surprising. Keep studying Media Matters, The Nation, and DailyKOS.
People of Puerto Rico Your long nightmare is OVER Trump has dedicated a golf trophy to you

Partisans aren't terribly honest.

Is this news?
The thread refers to blacks, not democrats. Unless you're suggesting that blacks are considered Democrat as far as Republicans are concerned.

Why is it so important for Trump supporters and other self-proclaimed conservatives to brand the protests as un-American?

They've heard it said a thousand times, even from the originator of the protests, in this case Colin Kaepernick, that the protest is about the abuse of black people by the police and the unfair treatment that stems directly from systemic racism and bigotry, yet they pretend like don't know what the protest is about, and/or simply ignore it and provide their own version of what the protest is about.

Yet, when White Supremacists took to protesting they took them for their word, believed them and even DEFENDED them, both in Charlottesville and in the Cliven Bundy fiasco back in Nevada in 2014.

To these people blacks are simply liars and/or intrinsically unpatriotic.

Why is this?

Why can't those protesters do their shit at police stations, court houses and other government facilities. Protesting during the national anthem by digging in those knobby little knees is the wrong place and time to show their hate for America. And that is the main reason for getting people pissed off. But it backfired and I hope every team in the NFL goes bankrupt. And it would be even more satisfying to have an ex-NFL star vacuuming my car at Auto Bell or bagging my groceries at Kroger.

I agree if it offends you then don't watch or go to the games. I don't go to places that offend me or watch some programs for the same reasons. and I do sometime complain. yet it bothers me that such a big deal is made over a non violent quiet protest, when we have so many problems that need study & attention.

Partisans aren't terribly honest.

Is this news?
The thread refers to blacks, not democrats. Unless you're suggesting that blacks are considered Democrat as far as Republicans are concerned.

There are not many black Republicans.

It seems to be divided between political lines. Most of what I read are Democrats supporting it and Republicans against.

Are you including protest when blacks burn down their business? Riot etc? Or are you only talking about NFL?

-Geaux

Why is it so important for Trump supporters and other self-proclaimed conservatives to brand the protests as un-American?

They've heard it said a thousand times, even from the originator of the protests, in this case Colin Kaepernick, that the protest is about the abuse of black people by the police and the unfair treatment that stems directly from systemic racism and bigotry, yet they pretend like don't know what the protest is about, and/or simply ignore it and provide their own version of what the protest is about.

Yet, when White Supremacists took to protesting they took them for their word, believed them and even DEFENDED them, both in Charlottesville and in the Cliven Bundy fiasco back in Nevada in 2014.

Why is this?
Because there's no abuse of blacks by cops. There's no systemic racism. And CK is a retarded piece of Che worshipping shit.

So fuck you and your bullshit anti-America protest.

If police went into wealthy white peoples neighborhoods and kicked their ass for J-walking they would be sued.

This happens all of the time in black neighborhoods..

Why is this?
How is protesting the flag and the national anthem not un-American? What could possibly be more un-American?

Why is this?
It is in history that Blacks always disrespect the anthem, like this Black woman in this video. After she had done that, the people has ridiculed her until she went back into the deep banana forest of Africa. The Leftist is trying to turn this fiasco into racist issue. They had set up the courts to let the officers off then pushed the issue of racism. But knowingly that it is going to make the existing racial tension to escalate. And they know that disrespecting the anthem or the flag, will offend the American people,and even the Black Americans.. But they act as if Blacks are not patriotic, that they only hangs around in front of the liquor stores, cat calling every females that walks by. Blacks had evolved from that type of mentality. You need to leave the ghettos and branch out a little bit.

Why is this?
Because there's no abuse of blacks by cops. There's no systemic racism. And CK is a retarded piece of Che worshipping shit.

If police went into wealthy white peoples neighborhoods and kicked their ass for J-walking they would be sued.

Really? I never read a story where a black was ass kicked for jay walking. Yet it happens all the time?

I would ask you for evidence, but that would be like asking you for pictures of Santa Clause flying around in his sleigh.

Why is this?

Because you do it during the national anthem. What's the matter with protesting anytime else? Not enough attention I guess.

Doing things like burning the flag or kneeling during the anthem will always be seen as anti-American before any other message. If you all are too dumb to figure that out, well, that's your problem.
Nothing could be more obvious than the fact that these "protests" are intended to offend Americans. Then when they are offended, the hypocrites act like they are shocked at the reaction.

Why is this?

Your post is why we refer to you on the left as Uninformed Voters.

Nobody is against protests, what people find offensive is when people protest in front of the US flag while our national anthem is being played.

These are big dumb jocks most of whom don't know what they are even protesting. A good example is our team the Cleveland Browns. They are too stupid to realize that the objection was their disrespect for our anthem. So instead of kneeling today, they raised their fists while the anthem was being played...........geniuses, every last one of them.

All they are really demonstrating is that they don't understand our laws and judicial system. All police shootings are investigated. The results are made public. Many times it's a Grand Jury that decides no laws were broken by police officers.

So does this bother you Ray or is it Free Speech..?

COMICS_Comic-Antifa-1024x729-7.jpg

Why is this?

Does it? Where's your evidence? Furthermore, J-walking in a quiet suburb isn't nearly as dangerous as J-walking in the inner city.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back