Why Do Republicans Always Lie About Protest When It Stems from Black People?

Threads like this make me wonder why I waste my time posting on this forum. OP is not interested in hearing answers to his ridiculous questions, he just wants to sling mud and point fingers.

Youre a newbie that's what most libtards do here ..just troll and run.

Why is it so important for Trump supporters and other self-proclaimed conservatives to brand the protests as un-American?

They've heard it said a thousand times, even from the originator of the protests, in this case Colin Kaepernick, that the protest is about the abuse of black people by the police and the unfair treatment that stems directly from systemic racism and bigotry, yet they pretend like don't know what the protest is about, and/or simply ignore it and provide their own version of what the protest is about.

Yet, when White Supremacists took to protesting they took them for their word, believed them and even DEFENDED them, both in Charlottesville and in the Cliven Bundy fiasco back in Nevada in 2014.

To these people blacks are simply liars and/or intrinsically unpatriotic.

Why is this?

Everyone has a right to peacefully protest and everyone has a right to express their option about others protests or protest the protests.

I don’t see how kneeling for the anthem has anything to do with oppression in America, but hey, they have an opinion, I don’t agree with it, but I support their right to do it. I also support those that have responded peacefully to the protest. I support the boycott as a way to voice the displeasure of the athletes.

The white supremacist got a permit to demonstrate and had a right to peacefully protest. ANTIFA had no permit to protest, however they had a right to respond to the protest peacefully.

The events that unfolded in Oregon started out as peaceful, I disagreed with them however they had a right, unfortunately they went to far.

OWS had a right to protest, I agreed with their original message, however they became a violent protest and allowed rapes and then defecated on cars, that is wrong
And their message changed, terrible group.

So I have no idea what you are crying about. It seems you are hung up on Trump being elected.

Why is it so important for Trump supporters and other self-proclaimed conservatives to brand the protests as un-American?

They've heard it said a thousand times, even from the originator of the protests, in this case Colin Kaepernick, that the protest is about the abuse of black people by the police and the unfair treatment that stems directly from systemic racism and bigotry, yet they pretend like don't know what the protest is about, and/or simply ignore it and provide their own version of what the protest is about.

Yet, when White Supremacists took to protesting they took them for their word, believed them and even DEFENDED them, both in Charlottesville and in the Cliven Bundy fiasco back in Nevada in 2014.

Why is this?
Because the republican base are racist idiots. It is a myth that conservative republicans are patriots. Being against dissent and peaceful protests is definitely un-American.

Another myth is them thinking this is a conservative country.

Most Americans reject conservative policy positions. Again and again, on issue after issue, the majority of Americans seem to tilt to the left: on immigration, including Trump’s border wall; on Obamacare repeal; on leaving the Paris climate accord; and on gay marriage.
Back to the topic of the OP, where normal people see racial equality as a good thing, republicans see it as oppression of the white man.

Why is this?
The reason the latest "protest" is being "protested" is because it was in your face BS that had nothing to the original intent of CK. It was all about Trump telling the owners what they should do and the rich team owners not liking it. So we deplorables see millionaires allegedly "protesting" poor treatment and we scratch our asses wondering what they really want. Apparently they want Trump not to make comments concerning the CK form of disrespect. After all, disrespect was not a white catch phrase it was what CK said. Again, two weeks ago the NFL players could care less about social injustice, then Trump speaks and they are all up in arms. Two faced hypocrites. I hope the league goes out of business.

Here are his original words:
I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color
Read more at: Colin Kaepernick Quotes - BrainyQuote

Why is this?

Your post is why we refer to you on the left as Uninformed Voters.

Nobody is against protests, what people find offensive is when people protest in front of the US flag while our national anthem is being played.

These are big dumb jocks most of whom don't know what they are even protesting. A good example is our team the Cleveland Browns. They are too stupid to realize that the objection was their disrespect for our anthem. So instead of kneeling today, they raised their fists while the anthem was being played...........geniuses, every last one of them.

All they are really demonstrating is that they don't understand our laws and judicial system. All police shootings are investigated. The results are made public. Many times it's a Grand Jury that decides no laws were broken by police officers.

Black people in the US aren't oppressed, these protests are complete bullshit. Blacks bring trouble to their own communities with their violent criminal activity. If they'd stop doing that, then less of them would get shot by police. It's easier to bitch and complain than actually change your ways.

Why is this?
Wait for it.......................

Black people in the US aren't oppressed, these protests are complete bullshit. Blacks bring trouble to their own communities with their violent criminal activity. If they'd stop doing that, then less of them would get shot by police. It's easier to bitch and complain than actually change your ways.

This is so easy for conservatives yet so complicated for the left.

All police shootings have one thing in common: the suspects didn't obey the orders of the police officer. Simple, right?

Well for us conservatives it's simple. The solution to the problem is simple as well. If every suspect was killed because they didn't listen to the orders of the police officers, then the solution must be to listen to the orders of the police officer, and nobody gets shot or killed.

Too easy for us on the right, but the left doesn't like pragmatism. They want to protest, riot, burn down buildings, destroy public and private property which only hurts them in the end.

Why “Black” Makes Us Uncomfortable

i-GkLp39p-M.jpg

Why is this?

So, show when we conservatives have supported "protesters" disrespecting the flag and the nation for which it stands.

Especially if it is a white conservative that was making the protest, that would make your case most strongly.

Why is this?
Well I was raised on a dairy farm and am in the cattle business

So is it any moe wrong for me to stand by cattlemen than for you to stand by black people
Besides the Bundy's give large amounts to a church that helps others where your boy supports cop killers

“Why is it so important for Trump supporters and other self-proclaimed conservatives to brand the protests as un-American?”

Because most on the right are demagogues, they use lies, fear, and intimidation to vilify political opponents and to pander to their base.

Conservatives know they’re wrong on the issues, they know they’re wrong to accuse those who engage in peaceful, lawful protest as being ‘un-American,’ and rather than to acknowledge the fact they’re wrong they contrive and propagate the lie that those who oppose Trump and the right’s failed, hateful, wrongheaded agenda are ‘un-patriotic’ – when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.
As long as Trump pisses off libs and dems they'll support any jack assed thing he does or says

The jack ass thing here is the kneeling during the anthem.

Fuck the players, and the owners and the NFL.

Uhhhh...could it be because the protesters are intentionally showing their scorn and disrespect for our police, military, flag, and National Anthem IS UN-AMERICAN?

Last edited:

I don't know the psychology behind it, but I suspect it has to do with:
  • white fragility -- not really wanting to admit there's something amiss as goes race-related issues,
    • zero-sum thinking whereby whites construe that if there's something amiss, the fix means we get less of the "bounty" available by dint of having increased numbers of non-whites receiving shares of that "bounty,"
  • Republican notions of individual liberty, which intrinsically aligns with an "I" mindset rather than a "we" mindset
OP-er, you may find parts of these essays helpful:

White Fragility?

the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-meme-generator-i-don-t-always-laugh-but-when-i-do-i-m-laughing-at-you-a772d3.jpg

This coming from the same left who seems to think the only reason anyone can disagree with them over anything is because your racist, sexist, homophobic, Islamaphobic, anti immigrant, aganist the poor ect,ect,ect. If you weren't so wrapped up in identity politics you would understand things a lot better of course that is going with the idea you want to understand why people feel they way they do.

Why is this?

That is obviously because disrespecting the American flag and the American national anthem is a direct insult to all Americans and especially those who have sacrificed much to make this country great and therefore profoundly un-American. And no, having a cause (even a real one) to protest is not any sort of excuse for insulting my country. It's also incredibly stupid to insult folks while trying to get their appreciation and support.
People getting fame and fortune handed to them hand over fist by playing games whining about how oppressed they are? No sympathy here. Just anger at the insults.

I don't know the psychology behind it, but I suspect it has to do with:
  • white fragility -- not really wanting to admit there's something amiss as goes race-related issues,
    • zero-sum thinking whereby whites construe that if there's something amiss, the fix means we get less of the "bounty" available by dint of having increased numbers of non-whites receiving shares of that "bounty,"
  • Republican notions of individual liberty, which intrinsically aligns with an "I" mindset rather than a "we" mindset
OP-er, you may find parts of these essays helpful:

White Fragility?

the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-meme-generator-i-don-t-always-laugh-but-when-i-do-i-m-laughing-at-you-a772d3.jpg

Its funny that he blamed white in-group preferences AND staunch individualism. Can't have it both ways. Also that article about training white people, holy shit. Racism much?

Forum List

Back