Why do race related college degree programs even exist?

Liberty

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2009
colorado
And why the hypocrisy? Why can an American with Chinese ancestry be allowed to actually EARN a Ph.D. in "Asian American Psychology"? Why can a mexican immigrant get a degree in "Hispanic American Studies"? Why can a woman get a degree in "Women's studies?" Negate the fact that some of these fields are useless and no one will get a job with them, and instead consider the racism and sexism inerrant in such fields.

Why are white males so discriminated against? Wouldn't it be fair for there to be a "Men's studies" field or "Caucasian American Studies" Ph.D. program? I want to get a Ph.D. in a subject where I can simply write about myself (ex. Being an Asian American getting a Ph.D. in Asian American issues) I mean...HOW HARD could that be? I don't understand it. It seems like cheating to get the title of "doctor" reserved only for EVERYONE except white males.

ON TOP of the fact that say a White Male majoring in "Asian American Studies" would be looked at poorly, and most likely would not be accepted to such a program...seems quite discriminatory.

why can a white american major in english?

wear your helmet :thup:

haha...english is a language, not a state of existence sir.

and asian studies is a state of existence?

if i were you, i'd check out doctoral programs in whining

you've got a gift

its the STUDY of a state of existence, thus if you participate in that specific state of existence then you got an easy track into being called "doctor". Why is this "easy mode" only given to certain race/sexes? I think you should have majored in english.

Last edited:

you've got a gift

its the STUDY of a state of existence, thus if you participate in that specific state of existence then you got an easy track into being called "doctor". Why is this "easy mode" only given to certain race/sexes? I think you should have majored in english.

you may find your time better spent addressing the back up at the drive through.

you've got a gift

you may find your time better spent addressing the back up at the drive through.

Right, and your time is best spent responding in threads that you have no answer to. Well played, sir.

you've got a gift

Asian studies is the study of Asia and its culture, politics, history, psychology, and society. Fucking duh. You really aren't very bright.

Right, and your time is best spent responding in threads that you have no answer to. Well played, sir.

:rofl:

you've got a gift

Asian studies is the study of Asia and its culture, politics, history, psychology, and society. Fucking duh. You really aren't very bright.

care to address the other questions? If your answer was logically sound then there would be a similar field in Caucasian and/or male studies.

All the various "studies" programs, women's, black, hispanic, gay, (do they have necrophiliac yet? :rolleyes:) are faux scholarship. They are the academy's way of providing a pulpit for various leftwing activists - nothing more.

All the various "studies" programs, women's, black, hispanic, gay, (do they have necrophiliac yet? :rolleyes:) are faux scholarship. They are the academy's way of providing a pulpit for various leftwing activists - nothing more.

How about theology?

How about theology?

Comparative theology, taught by a serious, competent real scholar is just fine. The equivalent of, say, "women's studies" programs as they actually exist, would be if there were a "christian studies" program where the instructor spent half of every class ranting against jews.

And why the hypocrisy? Why can an American with Chinese ancestry be allowed to actually EARN a Ph.D. in "Asian American Psychology"? Why can a mexican immigrant get a degree in "Hispanic American Studies"? Why can a woman get a degree in "Women's studies?" Negate the fact that some of these fields are useless and no one will get a job with them, and instead consider the racism and sexism inerrant in such fields.

Why are white males so discriminated against? Wouldn't it be fair for there to be a "Men's studies" field or "Caucasian American Studies" Ph.D. program? I want to get a Ph.D. in a subject where I can simply write about myself (ex. Being an Asian American getting a Ph.D. in Asian American issues) I mean...HOW HARD could that be? I don't understand it. It seems like cheating to get the title of "doctor" reserved only for EVERYONE except white males.

ON TOP of the fact that say a White Male majoring in "Asian American Studies" would be looked at poorly, and most likely would not be accepted to such a program...seems quite discriminatory.
Because white men are better than that.

How about theology?

Comparative theology, taught by a serious, competent real scholar is just fine. The equivalent of, say, "women's studies" programs as they actually exist, would be if there were a "christian studies" program where the instructor spent half of every class ranting against jews.

Women, Blacks, Hispanics, Gays, Asians all exist. God doesn't.

How about theology?

Women, Blacks, Hispanics, Gays, Asians all exist. God doesn't.

Properly construed courses on religion of course DON'T posit the truth or falsity of any religion. And the Women, Blacks, Hispanics, Gays etc "studies" are not needed to convince anyone that such people exist - they are used for the dissemination of leftwing ideology as it relates to those groups.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back