Why Do 'Progressives' Like War?...

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
Today's Liberals (Progressives) seem to be all-in on endless Intervention and War. When it comes to Interventionism/War, i don't see much difference between Progressive Globalists and Neocon Globalists.

Here's an interesting take on the issue...

By Philip Giraldi

Liberals are supposed to be antiwar, right? I went to college in the 1960s, when students nationwide were rising up in opposition to the Vietnam War. I was a Young Republican back then and supported the war through sheer ignorance and dislike of the sanctimoniousness of the protesters, some of whom were surely making their way to Canada to live in exile on daddy’s money while I was on a bus going to Fort Leonard Wood for basic combat training. I can’t even claim that I had some grudging respect for the antiwar crowd because I didn’t, but I did believe that at least some of them who were not being motivated by being personally afraid of getting hurt were actually sincere in their opposition to the awful things that were happening in Southeast Asia.

As I look around now, however, I see something quite different. The lefties I knew in college are now part of the Establishment and generally speaking are retired limousine liberals. And they now call themselves progressives, of course, because it sounds more educated and sends a better message, implying as it does that troglodytic conservatives are anti-progress. But they also have done a flip on the issue of war and peace. In its most recent incarnation some of this might be attributed to a desperate desire to relate to the Hillary Clinton campaign with its bellicosity towards Russia, Syria and Iran, but I suspect that the inclination to identify enemies goes much deeper than that, back as far as the Bill Clinton Administration...

Read More:
Why Do 'Progressives' Like War?

Another interesting take from John Stossel on the issue of Progressives and war...

They all like war. The duopoly wants the same thing, the two sides just go about it differently to get what they want.
And as for the citizens that used to call for no more war, ending the corporatism etc.. threw all of it away when they voted for Clinton. They never meant it. They just wanted to bitch because they are hacks.

They all like war. The duopoly wants the same thing, the two sides just go about it differently to get what they want.
And as for the citizens that used to call for no more war, ending the corporatism etc.. threw all of it away when they voted for Clinton. They never meant it. They just wanted to bitch because they are hacks.

Yeah, i'm finding that Progressive Globalists aren't much different than Neocon Globalists. They take you to the same place in the end... Permanent War.

It does look like Progressives and Neocons have a 'natural alliance.' They truly believe in aggressive Interventionism/War.

Forum List

Back