Why do pro choicers get upset when...

Riiiight. Because their premiums and co-pays cover the entire expense of what they subsequently use in medical care, ALWAYS. And that's assuming we're talking about women with health insurance rather than Medicaid in the first place.

And naturally, you desperately want to focus only on the finances to avoid the REAL question at issue.

The odds of a single (pregnant)woman not being on Medicaid is slim to none.

Very true. While there certainly are many single career women out there with health insurance, they also are quite likely to be conscientous about birth control as well. Although obviously, no birth control is perfect, and shit does often happen.

Most career women are driven and usually have goals and timelines that include a plan for family. While accidents happen obviously... this type of woman is probably less likely to take risks.

But working in healthcare I can tell you... The majority of the babies that are born are to single mothers on Medicaid... sad but true.

That was true before Obamacare made contraception readily available. Studies are already showing that there is a drop in births amongst low income women who would be the ones primarily on Medicaid.

Of course another solution is to eliminate the wage disparity in which case these women would be able to afford healthcare and not have to rely on Medicare. But that is a problem for the next Administration to tackle.

I take it you are referring to the simulated bc study performed in one state by planned parenthood and not actual Obamacare related figures?

Nope!

I am referring to actual hands on studies in two states and the long term statistics from the Guttmacher Institute.

Want to reduce teen pregnancy and abortion Start with long-term birth control. - The Washington Post

Unintended Pregnancy in the United States

Preventing Unintended Pregnancy
• Two-thirds (68%) of U.S. women at risk for unintended pregnancy use contraception consistently and correctly throughout the course of any given year; these women account for only 5% of all unintended pregnancies. In contrast, the 18% of women at risk who use contraception inconsistently or incorrectly account for 41% of all unintended pregnancies. The 14% of women at risk who do not practice contraception at all or who have gaps of a month or more during the year account for 54% of all unintended pregnancies (see graph).[14]

Graph-ModernContraceptiveWorks.png

• Publicly funded family planning services help women avoid pregnancies they do not want and plan pregnancies they do want. In 2010, these services helped women avoid 2.2 million unintended pregnancies, which would likely have resulted in about 1.1 million unintended births and 760,000 abortions.[15]

The odds of a single (pregnant)woman not being on Medicaid is slim to none.

Very true. While there certainly are many single career women out there with health insurance, they also are quite likely to be conscientous about birth control as well. Although obviously, no birth control is perfect, and shit does often happen.

Most career women are driven and usually have goals and timelines that include a plan for family. While accidents happen obviously... this type of woman is probably less likely to take risks.

But working in healthcare I can tell you... The majority of the babies that are born are to single mothers on Medicaid... sad but true.

That was true before Obamacare made contraception readily available. Studies are already showing that there is a drop in births amongst low income women who would be the ones primarily on Medicaid.

Of course another solution is to eliminate the wage disparity in which case these women would be able to afford healthcare and not have to rely on Medicare. But that is a problem for the next Administration to tackle.

I take it you are referring to the simulated bc study performed in one state by planned parenthood and not actual Obamacare related figures?

Nope!

I am referring to actual hands on studies in two states and the long term statistics from the Guttmacher Institute.

Want to reduce teen pregnancy and abortion Start with long-term birth control. - The Washington Post

• Two-thirds (68%) of U.S. women at risk for unintended pregnancy use contraception consistently and correctly throughout the course of any given year; these women account for only 5% of all unintended pregnancies. In contrast, the 18% of women at risk who use contraception inconsistently or incorrectly account for 41% of all unintended pregnancies. The 14% of women at risk who do not practice contraception at all or who have gaps of a month or more during the year account for 54% of all unintended pregnancies (see graph).[14]

• Publicly funded family planning services help women avoid pregnancies they do not want and plan pregnancies they do want. In 2010, these services helped women avoid 2.2 million unintended pregnancies, which would likely have resulted in about 1.1 million unintended births and 760,000 abortions.[15]
If you want to reduce teen pregnancies, you need to raise your children right. Teach them that sex is something reserved for marriage. Duh!

I wonder how many unwanted babies carried to full term and then put up for adoption due to the forcing of having the child, he adopted and/or is financially supporting.

Straw man. Totally irrelevant.
And you pretending to know what it feels like to be dead, isn't?

And your list of straw men continue to expand. Damn, you're REALLY afraid of addressing this topic honestly and straightforwardly, aren't you? What exactly is your stake in avoidance and dishonesty here? Or is it just that you're a piece of shit in general and can't help yourself?

You understand that being pro-choice is about women having the right to choose what happens INSIDE THEIR OWN BODIES.

Oh, wait. You didn't.

that's so sad.

And an anti-choicer, like all in this thread, is an angry conservative male who reserves for himself the right to tell you and me what to do with our uteruses.

But give them a chart and they still don't quite comprehend where a uterus is.

Regards from Rosie.

Fuck you, baby killer, it's ALL ABOUT THE SCUMBAG that got herself knocked up, instead of taking personal responsibility....You want an abortion, with it you get a FREE sterilization.... wonder what that would do?
Maybe a scumbag raped that woman and the LAST thing she wants is to raise his kid. But maybe that didn't cross your mind.

Does the word "adoption" ring any bells in that empty skull of yours?
Does "you have no right to my uterus" ring any bells in that empty skull of yours?

Does "don't make babies if you hate and resent them" mean anything? I'M not the one doing anything with your uterus. YOU made the baby. YOU fucked someone you didn't want to have children with. YOU made a living human being, and blithering like a self-absorbed me-monkey about "my uterus" as an argument in favor of being allowed to then kill the human being YOU made, with absolutely no assistance, coercion, or force from me is not, now or ever, going to mean anything to anyone who's not as much a useless, evil twat as you are.

Nope!

If you want to reduce teen pregnancies, you need to raise your children right. Teach them that sex is something reserved for marriage. Duh!

"Abstinence education" has been proven to be a complete and utter failure.

McCain Palin and Red State Failure on Teen Pregnancy

And as with so many measures of social pathology, teenage pregnancy rates are highest in exactly those states that voted for George W. Bush in 2004. In 2006, the Guttmacher Institute compiled data showing rates of teen pregnancy and lives births to teen mothers for each state. As it turns out, 9 of the 10 states with the highest teen pregnancy rates voted for Bush in 2004; all 10 with the highest rates of live births among women ages 15 to 19 are reliably Republican. (The District of Columbia is a notable outlier.) Virtually all of them are among the 28 states which continue to receive federal funds for abstinence education.

Forum List

Back