Why do people watch Fox News?

MichaelCollins

US last in Foreign aid
Sep 6, 2008
London
This is a serious question.

With deeply uneducated thugs such as Hannity and O'Reilly... Is it merely a train wreck phenomena?

People cant really take these clowns seriously?

I propose you just go ahead and post solely in your own garbage thread from now on.

FOX news got its start because there was previously no such opinionated news on the tube, and the market could support it.

FOX news got its start because there was previously no such opinionated news on the tube, and the market could support it.

Internationally people watch Fox News... in the same way that they would watch "The Office"... for the cringeworthy comedy ...

Only in the Us would one person take it seriously.....which is extremely revealing about the state of education in the US.

People also like to point to FOX news's amount of viewers.

FOX News is the really only major Right wing news station out there. Where else would the right wingers go for their daily dose of "Obama is a Muslim" or "Who's picking on poor little Sawwah Palin" today.

People also like to point to FOX news's amount of viewers.

FOX News is the really only major Right wing news station out there. Where else would the right wingers go for their daily dose of "Obama is a Muslim" or "Who's picking on poor little Sawwah Palin" today.

But its important to realise that there is a market for this extreme and aggressive nonsense.

It is because there are so many fear and hatred jesus freaks in the US...... millions of americans who want to hate .... who fuelled this hatred... and why?

As i said before... Fox News is considered a comedy channel internationally... but not in the US...why is that?

Internationally people watch Fox News... in the same way that they would watch "The Office"... for the cringeworthy comedy ...

Only in the Us would one person take it seriously.....which is extremely revealing about the state of education in the US.

Oh man, you blew it. You were this close, too.

You're kidding, right?
Lol. Fox news got its start because there were only LEFT leaning liberal news sources on cable.

You can thank Fox News, and the internet, for the revolution in journalism that has taken place since it first went on the air. People now have the sense to question newscasters and double-check facts.

But its important to realise that there is a market for this extreme and aggressive nonsense.

It is because there are so many fear and hatred jesus freaks in the US...... millions of americans who want to hate .... who fuelled this hatred... and why?

As i said before... Fox News is considered a comedy channel internationally... but not in the US...why is that?

When I want extreme and agressive nonsense, I listen to NPR or watch BBC.

You're kidding, right?
Lol. Fox news got its start because there were only LEFT leaning liberal news sources on cable.

You can thank Fox News, and the internet, for the revolution in journalism that has taken place since it first went on the air. People now have the sense to question newscasters and double-check facts.

LMAO .. i think we have our first Fox News viewer who takes them seriously and doesnt watch for the train wreck or the comedy.

You're kidding, right?

You mean I can thank Fox News for setting the bar of journalism lower then the bar for the world champion of limbo?

How low can we go should be Fox News's slogan.

This is a serious question.

With deeply uneducated thugs such as Hannity and O'Reilly... Is it merely a train wreck phenomena?

People cant really take these clowns seriously?

I take them as seriously as the other talking heads on the news these days which is not very. They are all just that, talking head with agenda to put out. Some make no pretense to be fair nor does the word professional have much meaning to the likes of Olbermann, Maddow, Mattews, Hannity, or any others. It it up to the indivudual to filter through the editorials made by these people. I suppose a news network like Fox is not different than a network like MSNBC so on the partisan side you have right and left. Again, if you watch one network or the other to get news that is not editorialized then your making a big mistake.

You mean I can thank Fox News for setting the bar of journalism lower then the bar for the world champion of limbo?

How low can we go should be Fox News's slogan.

Well you just have to look at some of the posters on this forum to see why they reach such depths...they are appealing to a seriously uneducated and untravelled base of people.

Giving you another chance here, to try to have an adult conversation.

The best way to get a feel for the truth of any matter, is to gather as many independent views on the subject as you can, and find the commonality.

Since FOX came along, other opinionated news shows thata re extreme left have also come along. In addition, 'fake news" comedy shows have been produced. In addition, the major networks still exist with their news shows. In addition, public tv and radio provides progressive and intelligent news coverage. In addition, the internet allows us to surf everything from the onion to al jazeera. In addition, overseas publications are easily subscribable.

The notion that the existence of FOX somehow proves that the US is full of Jesus freaks is ridiculous. It proves nothing, but is part and parcel of the explosion of news types that are more widely available to everyone.

If you aren't seeing this sort of explosion of available news sources, then it says more about the lack of diversity available to you than it does about the US population.

If there were a market for "extreme and aggressive nonsense"
of if there were a market for "international political comedy "

Obermann and/or Matthews would have a higher rating than Fox News.....

You're obviously a couple cards short of full deck...

Last edited:
Well you just have to look at some of the posters on this forum to see why they reach such depths...they are appealing to a seriously uneducated and untravelled base of people.

Does ireland have these sorts of people that you describe (ueducated and untravelled)? Maybe among the less well off, those that might not have access to the internet?

You can thank Fox News <snip> for the revolution in journalism that has taken place since it first went on the air. People now have the sense to question newscasters and double-check facts.

Couldn't agree more, I never double checked news before FOX came along. Good point.

If Fox News is Fair and Balanced, why do they have to tell US that?

Sort of like: Compassionate Conservative, The No Spin Zone.:eusa_whistle:

When they have to tell you who they are, they aren't.:eusa_liar:

People who listen to Fox listen because Fox tells them what they want to hear, just like many who listen to the left.

But please don't try and say they aren't conservatively biassed.:eek:

You can thank Fox News, and the internet, for the revolution in journalism that has taken place since it first went on the air.

This is true. I used to watch Fox news when it first aired. It seemed the dug a little deeper into the story than other news organizations. and their bias wasn't so obvious in the beginning

People now have the sense to question newscasters and double-check facts.

it's too bad Fox stopped doing that.

Forum List

Back