Why do people talk about "compassionate conservatism" when the phrase is technically an oxymoron?

Discussion in 'Political Satire' started by Dante, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,376
    Just what is compassionate about this thread? Compassion is only a word the left use but has no concept of it when they want to DUMP on others which is daily

2. FJO

FJO Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,819
    In January 1993 I drove to Homestead FL to do my bit to help the damage done by Hurricane Andrew. I met four busloads of people from Iowa and having spent a week with them I can confidently say that not a single one of them was a liberal.

Next year I had the good luck to meet folks from Second Presbyterian Church in Indianapolis and again, none of theme claimed or admitted to be Democrat or liberal.

I did devoted 2 weeks a year to volunteer works with Habitat for Humanity in the US and Canada and the number of liberals among my fellow volunteers was about as high as Democrats who who admit that it was Pope John Paul I I and president Reagan and PM ThatCher who brought down the Evil Empire.

Compassionate CONSERVATIVES? YES I have seen a lot.

Compassionate liberals? The few that might have quilted as such were nothing but pretending hypocrites.

3. PredFan

PredFan Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,629
    Today seems to be the day for liberals to use words that they don't understand the meaning of.