Why do people put up with the US healthcare system?

Where?

Just to point out, I've never told ANYONE on this forum where I'm from. People don't know if I'm male or female, they don't know how old I am, where I live, where I'm from etc.
You are male, in your 60s and you live in Phoenix Arizona.

And how did you make that up?

Seems to be the usual fare on a site like this, everyone decides they know better than the truth.

60s in PHX AZ; doing some posting to make a few bucks, eh?
I don't understand.

A lot of these posters get paid to help create a perception that there's a balance of "left/right" or otherwise people who support all the foolish bs.
I believe it. I've seen too many strange things.

Seems to be the usual fare on a site like this, everyone decides they know better than the truth.

I don't understand.

I think the point this person who I have on ignore is trying to make is that Chinese Whispers is a great game and they'll believe it all if they want to.
Well the world has a right to know.

No they don't.
Then why did you bring it up?

You are male, in your 60s and you live in Phoenix Arizona.

I don't understand.

A lot of these posters get paid to help create a perception that there's a balance of "left/right" or otherwise people who support all the foolish bs.
I believe it. I've seen too many strange things.

Go to Youtube, and you'll see 143 thumbs-up for the "conservative" "top opinion." You'll see a 3 thumbs up for a "liberal" "top opinion" (YT won't let people thumb down despite the button there). On Yahoo and other sites, it is similar discrepancies.

The federal government is responsible for the massive rise in health care costs. If you want to fix the system then you need you kick the government out, not give them more seats at the table.

That is incorrect. The opposite is actually the truth. The federal government is responsible for controlling healthcare costs for seniors, veterans, and children, in particular. One of the main reasons why seniors were lifted out of poverty 50 years ago was because of Medicare.

It is the profit-motive of private industry that continues to drive up healthcare costs. We've all witnessed the recent stories like the outrageous increases in the Epipen costs due to simple greed. In countries with single-payer, the people through their representatives have enough control to make sure stuff like that doesn't happen. Single-payer countries also do a much better job of controlling prescription drug prices, which is why over 11 million Americans get their pills from Canada and the UK.

The government can control costs. If the government doesn't, you get private industry pimps who squeeze everybody for their own profit motive.

The federal government is responsible for the massive rise in health care costs. If you want to fix the system then you need you kick the government out, not give them more seats at the table.

That is incorrect. The opposite is actually the truth. The federal government is responsible for controlling healthcare costs for seniors, veterans, and children, in particular. One of the main reasons why seniors were lifted out of poverty 50 years ago was because of Medicare.

It is the profit-motive of private industry that continues to drive up healthcare costs. We've all witnessed the recent stories like the outrageous increases in the Epipen costs due to simple greed. In countries with single-payer, the people through their representatives have enough control to make sure stuff like that doesn't happen. Single-payer countries also do a much better job of controlling prescription drug prices, which is why over 11 million Americans get their pills from Canada and the UK.

The government can control costs. If the government doesn't, you get private industry pimps who squeeze everybody for their own profit motive.

So what is the reason for the high costs...where does the money go.

JoeB131 (the B is for Bitter) begudges physicians their "high salaries" which are not high at all.

What do you think it is ?

Why do people put up with the US healthcare system?

Cowardice, laziness, and lack of organization and willpower to fight the system.

I "put up with it" because it works for ME. Why should I support changing and the potential that it will cost ME more?

It should work for everyone, but not in the sense of single-payer.

We all don't want the same things.

At the same time, we are terrible consumers of health care.

Forum List

Back