Why do people put up with the US healthcare system?

frigidweirdo

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2014
How a bite from a stray dog shows the sick state of U.S. healthcare

"The first shot at Royal Angkor International Hospital cost $125." (Cambodia)

"Jan received her second Verorab shot at a clinic in northern Thailand. The bill this time: A mere $18.50"

"Things changed dramatically once the Kerns returned to this country. For her third shot, Jan visited Torrance Memorial Medical Center. It was a Sunday, and she had to go to the emergency room, so that added considerably to her cost. The tab for a single injection: $5,254.85."

"“It’s obvious that our system is unlike any other health system,” said Uwe Reinhardt, a healthcare economist at Princeton University. “Other systems were set up to care for patients. Ours was set up by the providers — the hospitals and drug companies — for their own benefit.”"

Most countries in the world have healthcare to treat patients, the US has healthcare to make healthcare providers money.

So much money gets wasted in corruption, it's something like 3% of US GDP at the very least.

Why do people put up with the US healthcare system?

Cowardice, laziness, and lack of organization and willpower to fight the system.

And a belief that everything on TV is correct. Being advertised to death. Drink Coke because it's good for you, and plastic McDonald's Hamburgers are the best.....

If I recall correctly it has to do with insurance companies knowing that they can demand outrageous sums.

On top of all of this, I'm not sure I would trust the original source.

The LA times in notorious for having a political agenda associated with it's reporting.

Sure, it's not as bad as some outlets, but it is pretty bad.

The federal government is responsible for the massive rise in health care costs. If you want to fix the system then you need you kick the government out, not give them more seats at the table.
Is there a single country that has done that? or is that just your theoretical fantasy, and in reality America is just the last country to develop a basic social program like public healthcare?

The federal government is responsible for the massive rise in health care costs. If you want to fix the system then you need you kick the government out, not give them more seats at the table.
Is there a single country that has done that? or is that just your theoretical fantasy, and in reality America is just the last country to develop a basic social program like public healthcare?

We had no problems with our health care system until the government began interfering in it. And if you think countries with government run health care don't have issues you have your head up your ass. The NHS in Britain is horrible.

If I recall correctly it has to do with insurance companies knowing that they can demand outrageous sums.

There is no mechanism to keep costs down when your insurance is footing 80% of the bill and you only have a $20 copay.

We had no problems with our health care system until the government began interfering in it. And if you think countries with government run health care don't have issues you have your head up your ass. The NHS in Britain is horrible.
thats ridiculous America has the worst healthcare system of the top 30 developed countries. When did the government begin "interfering" by your definition anyway?

thats ridiculous America has the worst healthcare system of the top 30 developed countries.

That would be ridiculous were it true, but since it's not, we don't need to waste our time talking about hypotheticals.

When did the government begin "interfering" by your definition anyway?

Back in the 60s and it's been a slow melt down since.

thats ridiculous America has the worst healthcare system of the top 30 developed countries.

That would be ridiculous were it true, but since it's not, we don't need to waste our time talking about hypotheticals.
the WHO places the USA 37th in the world, the UK is #18, and France is number one
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp0910064#t=article
http://www.who.int/healthinfo/paper30.pdf
World Health Organization's Ranking of the World's Health Systems
When did the government begin "interfering" by your definition anyway?

Back in the 60s and it's been a slow melt down since.
Do you have a specific law in mind or just ya know sometime in da 60's is when you feel like it got bad?

the WHO places the USA 37th in the world, the UK is #18, and France is number one

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I just knew you were going to pull that out of your ass. You know always know you're dealing with an intellectual midget when they cite the 16 year old WHO report that has been debunked 50,000 over. Baby, go back to your sandbox and play.

Oh, and by the way, that same report that says we're "37th" also ranked us number ONE in quality of care delivered.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I just knew you were going to pull that out of your ass. You know always know you're dealing with an intellectual midget when they cite the 16 year old WHO report that has been debunked 50,000 over. Baby, go back to your sandbox and play.

Oh, and by the way, that same report that says we're "37th" also ranked us number ONE in quality of care delivered.
So when did the government start interfering let me guess it was after the civil rights act? once we started letting black people have healthcare it became "government interference" right? things were fine before then huh?

So when did the government start interfering let me guess it was after the civil rights act? once we started letting black people have healthcare it became "government interference" right? things were fine before then huh?
"Let me guess." Wow! Those gears sure are turning!

Dude, seriously, just stop. You're embarrassing yourself. Go join a conversation more suited to your level. I think the Cartoon forum would entertain you.

thats ridiculous America has the worst healthcare system of the top 30 developed countries. When did the government begin "interfering" by your definition anyway?
That is a lie. Learn the difference between insurance and healthcare.

Dude, seriously, just stop. You're embarrassing yourself. Go join a conversation more suited to your level. I think the Cartoon forum would entertain you.
so which country has the best healthcare system? Im guessing its America right? do you atleast have an alex jones blog you can source?

Are you nuts?

People were dying or losing their homes because they couldn't afford healthcare.
I watched 3 people on my street die because they couldn't afford basic cancer treatment. One was a child.
Yes, government-run healthcare has its problems. But those problems aren't as bad as what we have here in the States. Plus, we can see where other countries went wrong and correct the problem.

We can't go back to letting people die because insurance is too expensive and to where insurance companies will drop you the minute you get sick.

Forum List

Back