Why do people of religion...

Tiger use your damn head man. I know you've got one. If you wish to permit gay marriage fine but please you are still stuffing what is essentially a moral view down other people's throat who think other wise.

:confused:

You said "Everbody wants to force their views about God on everybody else". I said that's bullshit. Now you're saying....er...what are you saying?

I haven't mentioned gay marriage in this thread. In fact I haven't mentioned any of my religious views in this thread.

Aside from which, having a view on something means one has an opinion. Stuffing it down someone's throat means trying to impose one's opinion on others. See the difference?

Check your preconceptions at the door.

Gunny, you're not in the abortion thread, sorry.

And aside from some cities being found and other such normal things, what outrageous claim has been proven? I'm talking about the big things, like the ark, the 6 days of creation, adam and eve, virgin birth...

Modern science can impregnate a virgin and you have doubts that God can?

Ive seen people healed through faith. Heck, I know of people who were raised from the dead through faith.

Its sad that youre close minded and wont consider the possibility unless someone proves it to you. Its much more enlightening to conduct experiments yourself rather than rely on others.

Avatar, the only way that she coulda been impregnated without viginal sex in those days would have been if joseph was fucking Mary in the ass and some cum dribbled down.

You never answered my question. Can you see your god's alien planet from the hubble?

It seems to me that the people who do not believe in any sort of religion or God, etc. are the ones whom most often than not, scream the loudest and try the hardest to push their beliefs onto other people...

tiger you do know what an example is don't you? I did not mean to imply that you had said anything about gay marriage or abortion or anything else I merely used that as an example. Everyone has a view on God and damn near everyone thinks their view the most nearly correct and consequently will try to inform others of that view if they think it worth their while. The atheist view is that no such entity exist, the Christian, Jewish and islamic views are that such an entity does exist though they have major disagreements as to the nature of said entity and what you have to do to keep him happy, Hindus and Pagans appear to believe that several such entities may exist and some of them may be down right scary but that varies, often drastically, depending on the Hindu or Pagan you happen to be talking to at the moment.

Avatar, the only way that she coulda been impregnated without viginal sex in those days would have been if joseph was fucking Mary in the ass and some cum dribbled down.

You never answered my question. Can you see your god's alien planet from the hubble?

:eusa_eh: Actually no ... depends on your school of thought. The word used for "virgin" was also the same used for "unwed" in the language that book was written, so there is that possibility. Also, artificial insemination was not unheard of nor was it impossible in those days, it just wasn't as successful as it is now, Ancient Egyptians use to do it all the time, with low chances of success, but there was success, so it's not impossible. Hell, Imhotep performed brain surgery (we have the evidence of this to) successfully as well. Medical science isn't that much more advanced in most areas than it was back then, we have fine tuned a lot of it, increased the chances of success, but most of it is still old news.

As for the alien thing, do you have proof that it's impossible? According to science it's very possible.

Could an entity capable of creating the entire universe with just a word, get a woman pregnant without bothering with the sexual rigamarole.

Ok, so mary was banging joseph out of wedlock and they conceived jesus out of wedlock? So then JESUS WAS A BASTARD!

"As for the alien thing, do you have proof that it's impossible? According to science it's very possible." In that case, you have no proof that god isn't a camel dressed in a burqa with all of kalam's dead family sucking its balls.

Forum List

Back