CDZ Why do people like prison so much?

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
I don't get it, Whats the point of killing some random person if you know you are going to spend the rest of your life in Jail?

Mother of slain University of South Carolina student says suspected killer created 'a hole in our universe' - CNN

Nathaniel David Rowland, the accused killer of a University of South Carolina student, didn't show up in court Sunday, but that didn't stop the victim's mother from ripping into him in a statement to the judge.

190330181209-01-missing-south-carolina-college-student-medium-plus-169.jpg

USC student Samantha Josephson

"It sickens us to think that his face was the last thing that my baby girl saw on this earth. Does he even know her name?" Marci Josephson said in court, according to CNN affiliate WIS-TV.
Her daughter, Samantha Josephson, 21, was found dead in a field Friday afternoon about 14 hours after getting into a vehicle she mistakenly thought was her Uber, said police in Columbia, South Carolina. After Rowland's arrest, police found Josephson's blood and her cellphone in his vehicle, police said.

"His selfish, unspeakable and violent actions have created a hole in the universe," Marci Josephson said. "A hole in our universe and we see the unimaginable ripple. ..."
She said her daughter worked hard, was due to graduate from USC in May and had planned to go to law school in September. Marci Josephson said she didn't understand how a person could "randomly select a person, a beautiful girl and steal her life away."

What was the motive? And are there any other bodies?

People don't like prison. People commit crimes intending to get away with it.

Three hots and a cot plus free healthcare and activities. I worked with a guy who killed a man drunk driving and kept going back from breaking his probation....he now has 10 years to serve and doesn't mind it at all.

People don't like prison. People commit crimes intending to get away with it.

Some do.

A guy spent twelve years inside and killed a man so he could go back because he had it easier in there than out here, and no not me...

Some form of rehabilitation would seem in order, so those when released would have some education, skill, or coping ability. as apposed to being released with felony conviction making it even less likely to get a job or reconnect with society.

I don't get it, Whats the point of killing some random person if you know you are going to spend the rest of your life in Jail?

Mother of slain University of South Carolina student says suspected killer created 'a hole in our universe' - CNN

Nathaniel David Rowland, the accused killer of a University of South Carolina student, didn't show up in court Sunday, but that didn't stop the victim's mother from ripping into him in a statement to the judge.

190330181209-01-missing-south-carolina-college-student-medium-plus-169.jpg

USC student Samantha Josephson

"It sickens us to think that his face was the last thing that my baby girl saw on this earth. Does he even know her name?" Marci Josephson said in court, according to CNN affiliate WIS-TV.
Her daughter, Samantha Josephson, 21, was found dead in a field Friday afternoon about 14 hours after getting into a vehicle she mistakenly thought was her Uber, said police in Columbia, South Carolina. After Rowland's arrest, police found Josephson's blood and her cellphone in his vehicle, police said.

"His selfish, unspeakable and violent actions have created a hole in the universe," Marci Josephson said. "A hole in our universe and we see the unimaginable ripple. ..."
She said her daughter worked hard, was due to graduate from USC in May and had planned to go to law school in September. Marci Josephson said she didn't understand how a person could "randomly select a person, a beautiful girl and steal her life away."
it's simple. Almost too simple for some to accept. Most people don't like prison, trust me. They do the crimes because they don't think they will get caught. It's that simple. Most cons anyway. And that's what the cons say. I heard them tell me. They have this process they go through that is something like this.

1. I won't get caught.
2. If I get caught they won't hold me.
3. If they hold me they will drop the charges.
4. if they don't drop the charges, I will be acquitted.
5. If they find me guilty I'll get probation.
6. If I don't get probation, i'll be out on good behavior.
7. If i don't get out for good behavior, I'll get parole.
8. If I don't get parole it's that bastard guard's fault who wrote me up. I'll shank his sorry ass and won't get caught.

Some people will not believe this but it's exactly what many cons and criminals think. I know of one right now in my extended family that was in for ten years for drugs. Guess what? The other night he got arrested again. Guess what for? lol

Some form of rehabilitation would seem in order, so those when released would have some education, skill, or coping ability. as apposed to being released with felony conviction making it even less likely to get a job or reconnect with society.

I work trying to get people who are down and out and get a lot of feedback.

Once a person goes to prison, they come out with a criminal record and, if anything, the system makes them worse. For every drug addict in a rehabilitation program, there are more than TEN drug addicts in prison. So, people do a stint in prison and get locked out of society on account of "background checks" that are absolutely useless in a real society. Instead of people doing things the old fashioned way (like calling former employers and personal references) we're content to rely on a corrupt government for a person's record.

We have generations of dependents. In prison a person gets three hots and a cot, plenty of people to socialize with, and they don't have to think.

A good form of rehabilitation would be to give people long sentences and then let them EARN an early release. If prisoners were forced to get a GED and job training skills in order to get an early release, they would become better citizens. They would be more likely to assimilate into society if they got drug rehabilitation and life skills courses while there. Prison should not be a place to learn how to become a better criminal while pissing your life away.

If a person gets put into prison, they should be there to be punished and to be rehabilitated. Then the should be returned back to society with their Rights restored and a the chance to return as equals. Without that, prison will always be a revolving door.

Once a person goes to prison, they come out with a criminal record and, if anything, the system makes them worse. For every drug addict in a rehabilitation program, there are more than TEN drug addicts in prison. So, people do a stint in prison and get locked out of society on account of "background checks" that are absolutely useless in a real society. Instead of people doing things the old fashioned way (like calling former employers and personal references) we're content to rely on a corrupt government for a person's record.

We have generations of dependents. In prison a person gets three hots and a cot, plenty of people to socialize with, and they don't have to think.

A good form of rehabilitation would be to give people long sentences and then let them EARN an early release. If prisoners were forced to get a GED and job training skills in order to get an early release, they would become better citizens. They would be more likely to assimilate into society if they got drug rehabilitation and life skills courses while there. Prison should not be a place to learn how to become a better criminal while pissing your life away.

If a person gets put into prison, they should be there to be punished and to be rehabilitated. Then the should be returned back to society with their Rights restored and a the chance to return as equals. Without that, prison will always be a revolving door.

Thanks, the most I ever served was two months in county jail, I learned more tricks to break the law, but then abide by it.

The only flaw in your post is that many don't want to rehabed.

I guess you missed the part about long sentences. If they want to piss away a decade when they could be free in two and half years on a ten year stint - well, to each his own.

Additionally, recidivists would have to serve maximum sentences.

I guess you missed the part about long sentences. If they want to piss away a decade when they could be free in two and half years on a ten year stint - well, to each his own.

Additionally, recidivists would have to serve maximum sentences.
No I missed nothing. many people in prison do not want to be reformed. They have told me they like what they do. Also, many get sent back to prison over and over and the filthy criminal loving pols let them out again and again.

Criminals are attracted to easy money. Rehabilitating them to work at McDonald's doesn't appeal to them. Likewise, drug addicts are drug addicts.
Most do not want to be rehabilitated.

Criminals are attracted to easy money. Rehabilitating them to work at McDonald's doesn't appeal to them. Likewise, drug addicts are drug addicts.
Most do not want to be rehabilitated.
I saw one convict sitting at a table drawing. he was drawing an image of a woman form a picture of that woman. It looked just like the picture. I sat down and complimented him and i told him that I thought he could get a good job somewhere doing stuff like that. He said that he knew he could, but he liked selling drugs and carrying around a lot of money.

When I'm trying to scrape ice off my windshield and dig out the car buried by the snowplow, a nice, warm, prison cell sounds mighty nice.

Plus, there's cable TV and free sex.

Last edited:
When I'm trying to scrape ice off my windshield and dig out the car buried by the snowplow, a nice, warm, prison cell sounds might nice.

Plus, there's cable TV and free sex.
Here you go! Enjoy!

iu

Forum List

Back