Why Do People Have Diaries?

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
What the hell is wrong with you guys? Why you gotta write everything down? Can't you goofs keep everything in your heads? I suppose you count with your fingers and toes also....:eek:

A couple times when I was a kid relatives gave me diaries and journals... I burnt them when I couldn't get my dumb ass sister to take them.

Don't you guys know that a diary is a liability? I think some pretty whack shit... the last thing I need to do is have the evidence lying around for somebody to use against me.

Also...isn't a diary the very next thing to talking to yourself out loud? I just don't get it. I can see writing a book for others entertainment... I've done that... but to write about your self for your own entertainment is fucking lame.

Your thoughts?

What the hell is wrong with you guys? Why you gotta write everything down? Can't you goofs keep everything in your heads? I suppose you count with your fingers and toes also....:eek:

A couple times when I was a kid relatives gave me diaries and journals... I burnt them when I couldn't get my dumb ass sister to take them.

Don't you guys know that a diary is a liability? I think some pretty whack shit... the last thing I need to do is have the evidence lying around for somebody to use against me.

Also...isn't a diary the very next thing to talking to yourself out loud? I just don't get it. I can see writing a book for others entertainment... I've done that... but to write about your self for your own entertainment is fucking lame.

Your thoughts?

"Your just jealous 'cause the voices talk to ME!"

Your thoughts?

Good idea huggy. Don't keep a diary during those family reunions when you put a lip lock on your sister. We don't want to know what happens.

Your thoughts?

Good idea huggy. Don't keep a diary during those family reunions when you put a lip lock on your sister. We don't want to know what happens.

That is just fucking sick. That vision literally makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. One of my own most troubling personal family mysteries is how my sister ever got laid and had kids. She must have gotten every man in her life drunk.

Your thoughts?

Hard copy is a VERY bad thing.

It's cheaper than a therapist.:dunno:

I got a diary for Christmas when I was nine....I think it ended up with like 3 entries.:lol:

Your thoughts?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a3XysOgtvM]YouTube - ‪Chris Isaak - Baby Did a Bad, Bad Thing with Green Onions‬‏[/ame]

Your thoughts?

That is just fucking sick. That vision literally makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. One of my own most troubling personal family mysteries is how my sister ever got laid and had kids. She must have gotten every man in her life drunk.

So, why was I not introduced?

Your thoughts?

yeah thats what I want someone reading my twisted thoughts.

Your thoughts?

yeah thats what I want someone reading my twisted thoughts.

I suppose you having anything but twisted thoughts would be too optimistic?

hmm i have kept journals (that is what you call diaries for old peeps) ...reason....many times if i am having a lot of conflict ....i will write then i can read it later ...and see where i was and where i am...you would not object to one keeping a journal of physical symptoms...why not keep one of mental symptoms....

Your thoughts?

I've never kept a diary but I have found that keeping a journal helps me coalesce my thoughts.

If I cannot fairly clearly express what I'm, thinking, planning and feeling, I'm not convinced that my mind in made up.

Writing is a good form of personal reality testing.

Your thoughts?

The trick is to pick a fantasy name for the front cover. That way you can say what you want about whomever you want without fear of reprisals if they read it.

The system works here at USMB, what with all of us anonymously logging our innermost feelings by date and doing it for all the world to see on the 'Net. What the hell else is a 'diary'? :dunno:

Forum List

Back