Why do people hate Fox news?

Fox, and right wing radio, are hastening the demise of our increasingly dumbed down country.

If you doubt that, just look at the quality of the representatives we send to Washington.

Liberals hate Fox News for the same reason conservatives hate what they call the main stream media. Fox slants right and the rest slant left. Neither side is willing to admit that there is no unbiased media anymore. They just believe their choice is unbiased because it says the things they want to hear. From the comments on this thread it is obvious both sides refuse to admit the truth and so mock the other side as being stupid and biased. There is nothing so hard to open as a closed mind.

Liberals hate Fox News for the same reason conservatives hate what they call the main stream media. Fox slants right and the rest slant left. Neither side is willing to admit that there is no unbiased media anymore. They just believe their choice is unbiased because it says the things they want to hear. From the comments on this thread it is obvious both sides refuse to admit the truth and so mock the other side as being stupid and biased. There is nothing so hard to open as a closed mind.

"Fox slants right and the rest slant left".

Which are the rest, that slant left? You might have to define what you mean by left. If left is any outlet that isn't TeaParty right, you're right.

MSNBC is the Democratic party channel. Supporting the president's policies and wars is hardly left.
CNN seems pretty right to me. Even though they cater to whatever administration is in office their slant is pro capital and anti labor, pro war and anti protesters.

You are right in one respect. It depends on your definition of left. When you're far enough left CNN probably does sound unbiased. If your far enough right FOX sounds unbiased. My observation was to be viewed from the actual center, not the center that lefties and righties claim is their position. If your definition of right is anywhere right of Karl Marx, you are correct.

I love to watch an Obama speech and turn directly to the Fox news channel to watch them twist it all around into something that is not at all what he said.
Anyway it is entertaining~ :cuckoo:
They're just explaining what his words actually mean so you don't get fooled by the rhetoric, lies and disinformation.

"Fox slants right and the rest slant left".

Which are the rest, that slant left? You might have to define what you mean by left. If left is any outlet that isn't TeaParty right, you're right.

MSNBC is the Democratic party channel. Supporting the president's policies and wars is hardly left.
CNN seems pretty right to me. Even though they cater to whatever administration is in office their slant is pro capital and anti labor, pro war and anti protesters.
LOL. CNN seems pretty right and you have no clue what the others slanting left could possibly mean. You don't have a mind of your own.

LOL. CNN seems pretty right and you have no clue what the others slanting left could possibly mean. You don't have a mind of your own.

If these outlets are slanted left it shouldn't be hard for you to give examples or explain what you mean.

I love to watch an Obama speech and turn directly to the Fox news channel to watch them twist it all around into something that is not at all what he said.
They're just explaining what his words actually mean so you don't get fooled by the rhetoric, lies and disinformation.

This has been their problem, if they are going to do that they need a group that doesn't hate the president . Its like me watching MSNBC to discern what Bush's speeches were saying. It usually would be twisted with a touch of truth .
If is wasn't that way they wouldn't have viewers.

If these outlets are slanted left it shouldn't be hard for you to give examples or explain what you mean.
Why is your education important to me? You left that part out. If you think the MSM is unbiased, words won't help you.

I bet alot liberals watch fox on the sly and hate themselves for it.

This has been their problem, if they are going to do that they need a group that doesn't hate the president . Its like me watching MSNBC to discern what Bush's speeches were saying. It usually would be twisted with a touch of truth .
If is wasn't that way they wouldn't have viewers.
obama is full of shit and lies constantly. If you need a media source to help you understand then you are part of the problem. I don't watch FOX except for OReilly and Kelly but if someone hates a news channel it isn't because they disagree with them it's because they fear them.

"... But I suspect most Russians knew Pravda was propaganda."

Only those who understood Russian.

Anyone who really understands English understands Fox and others. "Propaganda all is phony," as a poet once said.

Yeah how many Russians could there be who understand Russian... :rolleyes:

Pravda means "truth" and Izvestia means "news". Russians used to say, "v Pravde net izvestiy, v Izvestiyakh net pravdy" (In the News there is no truth; in the Truth there is no news".

I never have understood the Fox angst from folks on the left. Fox's cable news dominance is indisputable. In total audience they beat CNN and MSNBC combined and also creams them both in the improtant 25-54 demo, and both categories continue to grow.

Meanwhile, the viewing audiences of the big three broadcast networks' nightly news shows each dwarf that of Fox. Too lazy to look it up now but as I recall each of them have audiences around 5-6 million viewers nightly, a combined audience of 15-18 or more millions vs. 3 million, on a good night, for cable's top-rated O'Reilly on Fox. A drop in the bucket compared to the big three, CNN, and MSNBC combined. Ah, but Fox refuses to join them in carrying the water of liberalism and it drives the left nuts is all I can figure.

All ratings do is set advertising rates, so who gives a shit. Unless you're buying or selling ads they have no significance.

Actually Fox ratings are in decline; everybody's cable ratings are in decline. Don't know where you're getting this "continue to grow" malarkey. Television is moribund, and not a moment too soon.

I have pointed out this ground for the hatred...
  • Because it isn't actually news, it's mostly comment
  • Because it's extremely right wing but doesn't admit it; it claims to be impartial
  • Because they constantly use phrases like "people are saying [something right wing]" but people aren't actually saying that. Fox news/the Murdoch media empire are saying that. If people were actually saying that you could just quote the person or play of clip of them saying it.
Maybe you have noticed anything else? Do YOU hate fox news?
foxshines.jpg

Provoking hate is a tool used by amoral people. If you "hate" someone or something you have a serious problem.

"Hate" is of course an emotion, and emotion is what Fox sells. So when you're playing that game drawing suckers into an emotional relationship, it's to be expected that you'll also drive others away with the same emotional game.

What "people" might you be referring to? Certainly not Conservatives. And given Fox leads in viewership they must draw a lot of Independents too. Granted a fair number tune in to see some cuties and cleavage but hey this is 'Merica.

Hell, this is an easy one.

Liberals used to control the news, control the messaging...now they don't, and they hate that more than anything.

I have pointed out this ground for the hatred...
  • Because it isn't actually news, it's mostly comment
  • Because it's extremely right wing but doesn't admit it; it claims to be impartial
  • Because they constantly use phrases like "people are saying [something right wing]" but people aren't actually saying that. Fox news/the Murdoch media empire are saying that. If people were actually saying that you could just quote the person or play of clip of them saying it.
Maybe you have noticed anything else? Do YOU hate fox news?
foxshines.jpg
You hit most of them but I think you forgot about their lying propaganda ways and the fact that their owner is responsible for their having and extorting the British government and our to o

I actually watch FNC...I simply hate others that watch it because they are too stupid to discern fact from opinion. FNC is not for stupid people...but stupid people watch it and think it makes them smart. Sort of like a retard who carries around a book to look smart, but they can't understand what the fucking book is about.
Is this coming from some one who puts a picture of that loser as their own pic? No offense but I think you just might be a fucking moron idolizing a murdering trampoline

You almost gotta laugh. CBS was guilty of trying to influence a presidential election with forged documents and the progs whine about Fox. The problem for the progs is that they have been victims of left wing propaganda for so long that fair and balanced broadcasting seems right wing.

Forum List

Back