Why Do People Hate Christmas??

Rinata

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
8216 Merry Christmas 8217 Sign Removed After Complaint In Marshfield CBS Boston

This really made me so angry!!! Who are the people that are against Christmas?? And why?? I personally respect other religions and I know that there are lots of people that are not Christians and therefore do not celebrate Christmas. That's fine!!!

But since Christmas is a national public holiday in the USA, there is no good reason to have to act like it doesn't exist!!! I want Christmas trees and signs back in public places. How to make it happen?? I don't know. :(

uh............next year they will go with the banner so that size won't be an issue.

The PC Police wants to control everything they possibly can. They derive enjoyment from pretending to be "offended" so that they can intimidate and punish anyone they happen to not like at the moment. And, of course, they hate Christianity.

As a comfy agnostic, I find the various Christmas traditions charming. Sadly, this country is becoming more and more bland as we all try to submit to the PC Police and lose cherished traditions because they want to pretend they're "offended".

This sickness is permeating our culture. Comedian Chris Rock no longer plays colleges because everyone is afraid to laugh:

"Not in their political views -- not like they’re voting Republican -- but in their social views and their willingness not to offend anybody. Kids raised on a culture of “We’re not going to keep score in the game because we don’t want anybody to lose.” Or just ignoring race to a fault. You can’t say “the black kid over there.” No, it’s “the guy with the red shoes.” You can’t even be offensive on your way to being inoffensive."

Just sad.

Chris Rock Stopped Playing Colleges Because They re Too Conservative

Last edited:
No one "hates" xmas. There is no "war" on xmas. This is just an excuse to be angry at nothing and direct hate at nothing.

And hardly in keeping with the so-called "reason for the season".

This really made me so angry!!! Who are the people that are against Christmas?? And why?? I personally respect other religions and I know that there are lots of people that are not Christians and therefore do not celebrate Christmas. That's fine!!!

I lost interest in Christmas years ago because it's become too commercialized.

But since Christmas is a national public holiday in the USA, there is no good reason to have to act like it doesn't exist!!! I want Christmas trees and signs back in public places. How to make it happen?? I don't know. :(

Stop voting for leftists. That's how you make it happen. Who the hell do you think are the ones that have pushed it out of the public square? The people you've been voting for, that's who. It's truly astonishing that you haven't put two and two together. Actually, on second thought, it's not that surprising.

The PC Police wants to control everything they possibly can. They derive enjoyment from pretending to be "offended" so that they can intimidate and punish anyone they happen to not like at the moment. And, of course, they hate Christianity.

As a comfy agnostic, I find the various Christmas traditions charming. Sadly, this country is becoming more and more bland as we all try to submit to the PC Police and lose cherished traditions because they want to pretend they're "offended".

This sickness is permeating our culture. Comedian Chris Rock no longer plays colleges because everyone is afraid to laugh:

"Not in their political views -- not like they’re voting Republican -- but in their social views and their willingness not to offend anybody. Kids raised on a culture of “We’re not going to keep score in the game because we don’t want anybody to lose.” Or just ignoring race to a fault. You can’t say “the black kid over there.” No, it’s “the guy with the red shoes.” You can’t even be offensive on your way to being inoffensive."

Just sad.

What's just sad is you didn't bother to read the article:

'But apparently, someone complained and sure enough, there are by-laws governing electronic signs. “We don’t object to the message,” said Building Commissioner Gerald O’Neill, “but the sign has to conform to size regulations, among other factors.”'

The sign wasn't removed because it said 'Merry Christmas,' the sign was removed because it was too large, having nothing to do with the myth of 'PC Police.'

Just sad.

'But apparently, someone complained and sure enough, there are by-laws governing electronic signs. “We don’t object to the message,” said Building Commissioner Gerald O’Neill, “but the sign has to conform to size regulations, among other factors.”'

The sign wasn't removed because it said 'Merry Christmas,' the sign was removed because it was too large, having nothing to do with the myth of 'PC Police.'

Hey, don't confuse the folx with the faux rage at the faux war on xmas with things like facts.

Stop voting for leftists. That's how you make it happen. Who the hell do you think are the ones that have pushed it out of the public square? The people you've been voting for, that's who. It's truly astonishing that you haven't put two and two together. Actually, on second thought, it's not that surprising.
Someone else who didn't bother to read the article.

The sign was removed having nothing to do with 'leftists,' just as it had nothing to do with the myth of 'political correctness.'

The sign was removed having nothing to do with 'leftists,' just as it had nothing to do with the myth of 'political correctness.'

I'm not talking about the article. I'm responding specifically to Rinata's point about people crusading against Christmas decor in public places which, yes, happens every year, so please do not presume to know what I did and did not read. Thanks.

Just sad.

My post wasn't about the specific story. My point appropriate for a wide range of examples.

Obviously.

And I love your ongoing denials, a standard strategy of hardcore partisan ideologues.

I'm not talking about the article. I'm responding specifically to Rinata's point about people crusading against Christmas decor in public places which, yes, happens every year, so please do not presume to know what I did and did not read. Thanks.

They're just diverting.

Not very honest, are they?

What I don't like is a lot of the Christmas music. The same shit over and over again every December till the end of time. Or America.

Ironically, I actually really like some of the Christian Christmas songs. Some of them sound really haunting and epic at times, especially when sung by a talented choir in massive Church/ temple/ cathedral, where the voices just echo around you and you can actually physically feel the vibrations...

But the Christmas bullshit about Santa and presents and Rudolph and all that dumb shit... maaaan... the Christmas indoctrination is incredible.

But I certainly do enjoy my own Winter Solstice rituals and traditions during the longest night of the year. This is the time of year when Lilith/ Ereshkigal comes into full Power, from Winter Solstice up to Spring Equinox. Then Michael comes into full power from Spring Equinox to Summer Solstice, then Iblis/ Lucifer comes into full Power from Summer Solstice to Fall Equinox, then on the Fall Equinox... Ishtar/ Ashtoreth comes into full Power, up until the Winter Solstice, and the beautiful cycle repeats itself...

Wow. Don't let the way that other people choose to look at the occasion ruin it for you. If anything, losing interest in it in my opinion only gave them more of an advantage. Of course what you do with your time is your decision, but as for me, I have never once let the popularity of Santa ruin what the day is for me and that is the celebration of the Lord's birthday. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. Don't ever stop blazing your own trail because you are the only one who is there to keep you company while you are blazing that trail. :) :) :)

1. Why Do People Hate Christmas??

Step one is to define 'Christmas'

What is commonly referred to as "the Christmas Spirit" is pretty cool. :thup:

Commercial Christmas?
Same as the other organized religions... As much indifference as I can muster. :popcorn:

That's just not true and you know it. But I should have known it was coming..

Oh please, celebrate any way you want. Just stop whining!

If you live in White Flight Marshfield, lotsa good stuff there. Have a few old friends there. If not :anj_stfu:

When XMas decorations go up before Halloween decorations come down is a sure sign that it now only has retail value.

Oh please, celebrate any way you want. Just stop whining!

If you live in White Flight Marshfield, lotsa good stuff there. Have a few old friends there. If not :anj_stfu:

I am stating an opinion and that is not considered whining, so why did you get your underwear in a wad?? Hope you get coal for Christmas. Next time, you STFU if you have nothing productive to say.

Forum List

Back