Why do people do this?

PredFan

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2011
In Liberal minds, rent free.
Why do people follow, post, and affirm inspirational quotes from people who have committed suicide?

Kurt Cobain
Robin Williams
and now Anthony Bourdain.

These are the three that over time I’ve seen the most posts on social media. All these inspirational and spiritual sayings that people are posting didn’t help those guys any.

It makes no sense to me.

Why do people follow, post, and affirm inspirational quotes from people who have committed suicide?

Kurt Cobain
Robin Williams

These are the three that over time I’ve seen the most posts on social media. All these inspirational and spiritual sayings that people are posting didn’t help those guys any.

It makes no sense to me.

Depression can have many different causes. Some people fail to seek help.

Kurt Cobain
Robin Williams

It makes no sense to me.

Understood, but why would you, especially if you are depressed, listen to quotes from people who’s depression causes them to kill themselves?

Kurt Cobain
Robin Williams

It makes no sense to me.
Because ideas are independent of who utters them.

Kurt Cobain
Robin Williams

It makes no sense to me.

Don't be like them? I will never get why someone with all the money/fame they could ask for take their own life..

They should of just gave it all a way and lived under a bridge or something instead..walk away..

Kurt Cobain
Robin Williams

It makes no sense to me.

Don't be like them? I will never get why someone with all the money/fame they could ask for take their own life..

They should of just gave it all a way and lived under a bridge or something instead..walk away..

I seriously believe that the best of those people are seriously messed up in the head. There are hundreds of examples.

Kurt Cobain
Robin Williams

It makes no sense to me.

I seriously believe that the best of those people are seriously messed up in the head. There are hundreds of examples.

With robin and Kurt I guess that's what made them great ...

My post just reminded me of the 80s movie Eddie and the cruisers ..

He walked away from fame and found content.

Kurt Cobain
Robin Williams

It makes no sense to me.

Understood, but why would you, especially if you are depressed, listen to quotes from people who’s depression causes them to kill themselves?
Because at the time a song, poem, or story was composed or written, the composer, artist, or writer wasn’t suffering from depression; what composers, artists, and writers create are unrelated to their depression, and that a composer, artist, or writer might have subsequently suffered from depression neither undermines nor invalidates what they’ve composed or written.

Kurt Cobain
Robin Williams

It makes no sense to me.

With robin and Kurt I guess that's what made them great ...

My post just reminded me of the 80s movie Eddie and the cruisers ..

He walked away from fame and found content.

That wasn’t a bad movie, I haven’t seen it in decades though.

Kurt Cobain
Robin Williams

It makes no sense to me.

Because at the time a song, poem, or story was composed or written, the composer, artist, or writer wasn’t suffering from depression; what composers, artists, and writers create are unrelated to their depression, and that a composer, artist, or writer might have subsequently suffered from depression neither undermines nor invalidates what they’ve composed or written.

Because at the time a song, poem, or story was composed or written, the composer, artist, or writer wasn’t suffering from depression;

I disagree, I think John Lennons song "imagine" and watching the wheels go round and around"

Was written from depression.. it's a strong emotion and can bring out inspirational works of art.

Kurt Cobain
Robin Williams

It makes no sense to me.

Hmmm....but then why did they suffer depression? If they are being held in esteem for their inspirational thoughts and sayings, why didn’t those thoughts, that outlook on life that people want to emulate, stop them from getting that depressed?

Kurt Cobain
Robin Williams

It makes no sense to me.

Hmmm....but then why did they suffer depression? If they are being held in esteem for their inspirational thoughts and sayings, why didn’t those thoughts, that outlook on life that people want to emulate, stop them from getting that depressed?

This thread is turning out interesting..i could say using my own life as an example , I hate being on top, I love to climb the mountain to get there..thats why I quit jobs, nothing left for me really to do except sit around on the clock..

Possible for the same with them, they reached their goals in life, they are on top of the world and they have no challenges left to do..

Kurt Cobain
Robin Williams

It makes no sense to me.

This thread is turning out interesting..i could say using my own life as an example , I hate being on top, I love to climb the mountain to get there..thats why I quit jobs, nothing left for me really to do except sit around on the clock..

Possible for the same with them, they reached their goals in life, they are on top of the world and they have no challenges left to do..

Interesting.

I think that those who think that way do go off and do something else. Some have started restaurants, businesses, charities, etc., but others continue until they break down.

Interesting.

I think that those who think that way do go off and do something else. Some have started restaurants, businesses, charities, etc., but others continue until they break down.

I wish other posters would chime in, it's like when I had an amazing game of bowling ..i nailed 7 strikes in a row..by the 8 th frame, when I was killing my friends, I thought to myself this is to easy and not fun anymore..

So I purposely threw a huge gutter ball..

I never bowled since and that was 20 years ago.

Interesting.

I wish other posters would chime in, it's like when I had an amazing game of bowling ..i nailed 7 strikes in a row..by the 8 th frame, when I was killing my friends, I thought to myself this is to easy and not fun anymore..

Suicide is one hell of a gutterball.

Kurt Cobain
Robin Williams

It makes no sense to me.

Why?

Boredom...?

Kurt Cobain
Robin Williams

It makes no sense to me.

Why?

Boredom...?

They post inspirational life quotes from people who commit suicide because they are bored?

This brings back memories from the last time i played base ball/soft ball

I am a lefty, (small 5' 9" 160 lbs) everyone knew the way I played the game just hit grounders..

So my last at bat outfielders where coming in, I hit the sweet spot of the ball so hard it flew over everyone ..so damn far I pretty much walked from 2nd to home.. never played again

When you get on top I understood this in my life, people expect you to preform all the time at your A game..alot of pressure..that goes with it.

Interesting.

Suicide is one hell of a gutterball.

But that's the way out of it..

I guess I tried to hijack your thread..

Sorry

It was about people posting inspirational quotes from people that took the easy way out of life and killed themselves

Kurt Cobain
Robin Williams

It makes no sense to me.

Hmm. Inspirational quotes from people who have committed suicide?

Let me think................

I+Said+A+Glass+Of+Juice+-+Not+Gas+The+Jews.jpeg

Forum List

Back