Why Do People Believe in God?

Don't get pissy just because I pointed out the absurdity and drama-queen nature of your terminology.

you didn't point out any such thing. Court lawns are the product of tax money. Malls are not. so, please, enjoy this drive-by mudhole brought to you by The Shogun of USMB. Please, come again!

you didn't point out any such thing. Court lawns are the product of tax money. Malls are not. so, please, enjoy this drive-by mudhole brought to you by The Shogun of USMB. Please, come again!

You crack me up. You seem to think you are this great internet badass but you are really just this:

Tiny Yapper

You crack me up. You seem to think you are this great internet badass but you are really just this:

Tiny Yapper

oh WOW! shit talking! I've heard of that happening on these here interwebs.

*yawn*

go get some hair on your e-balls instead of boring the shit out of me, rookie. While you are at it you might want to dedicate the 1 minute it takes to master the "post image" button too. I mean, you know how menacing pics are when you don't even know how to post them.

Last edited:
oh WOW! shit talking! I've heard of that happening on these here interwebs.

*yawn*

go get some hair on your e-balls instead of boring the shit out of me, rookie. While you are at it you might want to dedicate the 1 minute it takes to master the "post image" button too. I mean, you know how menacing pics are when you don't even know how to post them.

I don't talk trash on the internet. Why? Because my points do my talking for me. I also don't feel the need to spout of expletives every 4th word like an idiotic juvenile in the hopes that someone will perhaps pay more attention to me.

Furthermore, if I posted just the image, the description would have been missing.

Grow up. Leave middle school behind.

HA!

yea, dude.. if your "points" are as indicative as the one above regarding malls and court lawns then you might wanna consider a new internet vocation. Indeed, as soon as I handed you your ass pointing out how stupid it is to compare tax driven courthouses with private profit driven malls you lunged strait to shit talking. Indeed, you ARE quite the interweb cavalier!

:lol:

:thup:

HA!

yea, dude.. if your "points" are as indicative as the one above regarding malls and court lawns then you might wanna consider a new internet vocation. Indeed, as soon as I handed you your ass pointing out how stupid it is to compare tax driven courthouses with private profit driven malls you lunged strait to shit talking. Indeed, you ARE quite the interweb cavalier!

:lol:

:thup:

Nice. You still don't get it, do you?

My analogy was used to highlight the absurdity of your language, particularly your use of the word 'force,' and nothing more.

Honestly, how old are you?

You know.......people ought to think about this.......

When you go shopping, do you go to a place that has only 5 items in the entire store, or do you prefer to go to a nice shiny mall with lots of stuff? You'd probably prefer the second I'm guessing, because most people like variety.

Now.....imagine Christmas as a big shiny mall with all sorts of stuff (differing belief systems), which even though it may be outside your tastes, you don't have to go into the store and buy it.

Same thing with Merry Christmas, Seasons Greetings and Happy Holidays.

BTW......YVZ, you're a Yapping Vegetable Zombie. Cheers asshole, you've got a very twisted idea on life.

As far as why do people believe in God? Dunno......I ain't them......

Why do I believe in God? Well.......it's kinda like what Abraham did (I learned from his lessons).

Abraham started to look at things around him, and then from there, looked to see their cause and what their effect was. Along the way, he kinda noticed a few similarities, and started to track them back to their source, and ended up finding and meeting God.

I do the same thing. All the things that I see in my day point more and more to the evidence that God truly exists. And......for those idiots that are content to say "God works in mysterious ways", are too limited in their thinking to investigate the science of the miracles performed.

Know how they could get so many animals on the Ark? Simple......bring embryos.

And there are other things too. Matter of fact, evolution exists everywhere on the planet, as well as everywhere out in space, which means that God uses evolution as a way to advance the Universe.

Science and theology MUST be united.

Nice. You still don't get it, do you?

My analogy was used to highlight the absurdity of your language, particularly your use of the word 'force,' and nothing more.

Honestly, how old are you?

No, what I GET is that you are too stupid to comprehend how your example fails on its face despite the vocabulary I use. Indeed, when you FORCE your dogma onto land paid for by a collective tax base it's a whole other beast than a mall which we don't all share the bill. If you can't fathom how stupid your position is then it's no wonder you reacted like a bitchslapped little fop. go ahead and stand there with a shocked look on your face as you try to keep tears from streaking down your cheeks.

No, what I GET is that you are too stupid to comprehend how your example fails on its face despite the vocabulary I use. Indeed, when you FORCE your dogma onto land paid for by a collective tax base it's a whole other beast than a mall which we don't all share the bill. If you can't fathom how stupid your position is then it's no wonder you reacted like a bitchslapped little fop. go ahead and stand there with a shocked look on your face as you try to keep tears from streaking down your cheeks.

Let me guess... 4chan'er?

Wow, you mega bad! /sarcasmoff

You are a joke.

Let me guess... 4chan'er?

Wow, you mega bad! /sarcasmoff

You are a joke.

is that supposed to deflect from the failure of your argument, dude? Are you trying to impress someone by name dropping 4chan? Indeed, given the curb-stomping treatment I gave your laughable "b-b-b-but what about MALLS" retort I guess it makes sense that you are scrambling to find an exit to this interaction in which to go lick your mental wounds. Figure out how to make a point that isn't as precious as a 4 year old crayola disaster and maybe you won't have to keep flinching every time I post a reply.

It's not force, Shogun. If it were, then exhibiting the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence would also be "forcing" people to accept Democracy.

It's not. It's just an exhibit which represents the beliefs of the majority. Democracy in action.

is that supposed to deflect from the failure of your argument, dude? Are you trying to impress someone by name dropping 4chan? Indeed, given the curb-stomping treatment I gave your laughable "b-b-b-but what about MALLS" retort I guess it makes sense that you are scrambling to find an exit to this interaction in which to go lick your mental wounds. Figure out how to make a point that isn't as precious as a 4 year old crayola disaster and maybe you won't have to keep flinching every time I post a reply.

Okay, I assumed up to this point that you understood my comments and their intent and were just trying to be a prick. Now I know that isn't the case. Instead, you simply don't understand a) what I said or b) my point.

I'll break it down very carefully for you so you understand, mmkay?

You said:

you dont own public display space so, yes, you are forcing your dogma at other poeple by comandeering common land for the sake of your faith. Your faith doesn't require that you put up a baby jesus every year on the courthouse lawn so why pretend that such is a ramification of your faith?

I noticed your use of the word 'force' and thought it silly so I said:

If you think putting up a nativity is forcing a dogma on other people, you must spend every bit of money you have when you go to the mall. After all, they are 'forcing their products' on you there in a similar manner.

I agree that there is a difference between a mall and government-owned land. It was never my contention that there wasn't such a difference. I also realize that displays on government-owned land are different than displays in malls. I never stated that they were the same.

Instead, I used the mall analogy to point out that using the word 'force' is overly dramatic and rather silly. No one is forcing their dogma on you; if anything, they are simply advertising their position.

Clearly, you just didn't understand.

Oh, this might help.

Dictionary.com defines the verb 'force' as:

18. to compel, constrain, or oblige (oneself or someone) to do something: to force a suspect to confess.
19. to drive or propel against resistance: He forced his way through the crowd. They forced air into his lungs.
20. to bring about or effect by force.
21. to bring about of necessity or as a necessary result: to force a smile.
22. to put or impose (something or someone) forcibly on or upon a person: to force one's opinions on others.

Get it through your apparently thick skull that no one is forcing anyone else to do anything. Non-Christians who see this sign aren't forced to become Christians. Just relax.

Oh, and with the whole 'blah blah curb-stomping I'm an internet badass' silliness, just please grow up a little. Chances are you are 4'11, 275 pounds, and live in your mom's basement. Even if you aren't, I still don't care. No one does.

I understand now. Shogun uses words without understanding their definitions. That's the basic problem. We passed English and he evidently didn't.

It's not force, Shogun. If it were, then exhibiting the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence would also be "forcing" people to accept Democracy.

It's not. It's just an exhibit which represents the beliefs of the majority. Democracy in action.

Oh yes, it IS force. If I were to hang a giant pentegram on the fucking doorstep to the court house you'd be screaming about me forcing satanism at you, yes?

Indeed, this nation is based on our constituion, not your dogma.

OUR collective tax based property is not the conduit for which you can use to express your choice of faith. sorry.

Actually, tax money is sometimes used to buy the land and build the mall, but then the stores in the mall (and thus the land) is sold off to replace that tax money and result in the mall becoming private property owned by all the businesses. Not an uncommon practice in tha past, but it is becoming rarer these days.

Oh yes, it IS force. If I were to hang a giant pentegram on the fucking doorstep to the court house you'd be screaming about me forcing satanism at you, yes?

Indeed, this nation is based on our constituion, not your dogma.

OUR collective tax based property is not the conduit for which you can use to express your choice of faith. sorry.

Is there a cross hanging off the doorstep to the courthouse?

Forum List

Back