Why do people around here make things up?

GunnyL said:
Logic? I disagree. That of course is based on personal experience as a teenageer/observation of my friends at the time. I am afraid there is no link for that. The effects on the nervous system/reaction time and distortion of reality are documented scientific fact.

As far as statistics go, as I pointed out earlier, many more pot smokers are going to slip through the cracks than alcohol users.

You guys can say what you want. I'm not about to defend someone who is smoking pot behind the wheel. I think that is stupid. But I think it is more stupid to drink and drive.

Archangel I agree with you that there are too many of both on the road and that defensive driving is a must. However it's not accurate to say that they are equally as dangerous. I know a lot of people that smoke pot and a lot of people that drink. Luckily most of them aren't dumb enough to take the wheel while doing so. But I can't even count on both hands the amount of people I know personally who died as a result of alcohol related accidents.

Hobbit has a habbit of doing the same. His source is always someone he knows.

Point 1: Habit has 1 'b'. Call me a stickler, but I like proper spelling. (Mom's an English teacher)

Point 2: YOU have been so obnoxious and unruly that you have the distinction of being the first person on my ignore list. I got this quote off of a post you were quoted in.

Point 3: I present my personal experiences and those of the many people I've met as evidence because I don't obsess over statistics and special reports. Most of those are slanted and I find them boring anyway. If you go back and look at my post history, you'll see that when thoroughly challenged, I attempt to present links. The only time I don't is when that pesky thing known as a LIFE takes up too much time for me to spend an hour digging up something that you'll just dismiss as slanted and unreliable anyway. Given that, I have yet to see you even make a serious attempt at proof. You simply state your views as if they're common knowledge, then call us idiots for disagreeing. We'll pile up a stack of sources taller than the Sears Tower, and you'll simply reply with, "I still don't believe it. Show me something true." When what you mean is, "I'm living in my own world where I'm always right. Agree with me, because if you don't, you're wrong."

You're just a little brat who can't handle the fact that you're not always right. When somebody shows some proof that you're wrong, you accuse them of lying, an accusation I take SEVERE offense with. Now learn a little respect.

Powerman said:
You guys can say what you want. I'm not about to defend someone who is smoking pot behind the wheel. I think that is stupid. But I think it is more stupid to drink and drive.

Archangel I agree with you that there are too many of both on the road and that defensive driving is a must. However it's not accurate to say that they are equally as dangerous. I know a lot of people that smoke pot and a lot of people that drink. Luckily most of them aren't dumb enough to take the wheel while doing so. But I can't even count on both hands the amount of people I know personally who died as a result of alcohol related accidents.

I believe it IS accurate to say they are equally dangerous, and we can agree that neither belong on the road at all.

And again, statistics are strictly kept on alcohol-related incidents, while pot-related incidents are more vague/easier to hide.

I'm not big on statistics anyway. They usually support the views of those compiling them. Odd that.

And .... my entire point here is that; although, I disagree with you, I am not lying. I have a different perspective than you on the topic. ;)

GunnyL said:
I believe it IS accurate to say they are equally dangerous, and we can agree that neither belong on the road at all.

And again, statistics are strictly kept on alcohol-related incidents, while pot-related incidents are more vague/easier to hide.

I'm not big on statistics anyway. They usually support the views of those compiling them. Odd that.

And .... my entire point here is that; although, I disagree with you, I am not lying. I have a different perspective than you on the topic. ;)

Well it may be your belief but I don't understand the point of it. Why would you just randomly choose to believe something on a hunch when there is a ton of proof suggesting just the opposite?

Powerman said:
Well it may be your belief but I don't understand the point of it. Why would you just randomly choose to believe something on a hunch when there is a ton of proof suggesting just the opposite?

You haven't even been here a month, and your calling people liars, and even starting a thread on it... :huh: :chillpill
They can both be harmful to you, what more is there to say......

Stephanie said:
You haven't even been here a month, and your calling people liars, and even starting a thread on it... :huh: :chillpill
They can both be harmful to you, what more is there to say......

(Personal, childish & repetitive insults removed by moderator (Merlin1047))

Let me give you an example of what I'm talking about. If you and I were having a discussion about dieting and I told you that a bowl of Golden Grahms has more calories than a big mac then you would want some proof. If when you asked for proof I said that I used to work for a nutritional company I would certainly hope you would see that as insufficient proof and look up the nutritional information yourself to see whether or not I was being honest with you.

So when someone makes a completely asinine comment that there are at least as many fatal accidents involving THC as there are with alcohol and their only source of proof is to say that they used to be a police officer???? Come on. That's bullshit! And even if that was his experience, his experiences don't speak for the overall numbers.

Powerman said:
The fact that I haven't been here long has nothing to do with my intelligence or ability to spot a liar. When you make up things on the spot to support your side of an argument without producing any factual material then you are lying. That seems pretty simple to me.

Let me give you an example of what I'm talking about. If you and I were having a discussion about dieting and I told you that a bowl of Golden Grahms has more calories than a big mac then you would want some proof. If when you asked for proof I said that I used to work for a nutritional company I would certainly hope you would see that as insufficient proof and look up the nutritional information yourself to see whether or not I was being honest with you.

So when someone makes a completely asinine comment that there are at least as many fatal accidents involving THC as there are with alcohol and their only source of proof is to say that they used to be a police officer???? Come on. That's bullshit! And even if that was his experience, his experiences don't speak for the overall numbers.

Just for the sake of arguing ... it's getting old and it's becomming tiring to read your same old bs, and not letting things drop..... We all know already, how intelligent you feel yourself to be, your like a dog who won't let go of it's bone.... Give it a rest already, your getting boring..... :moon4: :poke:

Stephanie said:
Just for the sake of arguing to yourself... Give a rest already, it's getting old..

I'd be willing to give it a rest if people would realize the absurdity in just making something up and citing yourself as a source in a political debate. That's complete nonsense.

Powerman said:
I'd be willing to give it a rest if people would realize the absurdity in just making something up and citing yourself as a source in a political debate. That's complete nonsense.

I feel I can be a very good source, because I've been there and done it.. So if I want to state my opinion on the topic because of these expericences, what give you the right to say I don't know what I'm talking about. I'ts MY opinion. Everybody has an opinion, just like they have a.....hole. But your starting to sound like the latter. Anybody on this board is free to state their opinions. But your grounding your argument into the ground, it's boring. Your dismissed... :moon4:

Stephanie said:
I feel I can be a very good source, because I've been there and done it.. So if I want to state my opinion on the topic because of these expericences, what give you the right to say I don't know what I'm talking about. I'ts MY opinion. Everybody has an opinion, just like they have a.....hole. But your starting to sound like the latter. Anybody on this board is free to state their opinions. But your grounding your argument into the ground, it's boring. Your dismissed... :moon4:

I agree with you. People should state their opinions. But when you make things up out of thin air to support your opinion then you should be called out on it. What is so difficult about that?

Powerman said:
Is that good enough proof around here?

Archangel just made up things out of thin air in an argument earlier and uses himself as the source of information. That is very cheap.

Hobbit has a habbit of doing the same. His source is always someone he knows.

Do people around here actually buy those cheap cop outs?

Archangel, I'm calling you out. You claim that marijuana causes more fatal car accidents than aclohol and that it is more addictive than nicotine. I say they are both lies. In this digital age we live in you should have no problem finding credible sources to prove me wrong. Go for it buddy.

Don't worry about the Arch-Girl. By his own admission he is an Alzheimer's ridden, impotent, grandpa.

Maybe one day he won't be able to find his "I've fallen and can't get up" button and we'll be free of his nuisance.
:gives: :gives: :splat:

nucular said:
Don't worry about the Arch-Girl. By his own admission he is an Alzheimer's ridden, impotent, grandpa.

Maybe one day he won't be able to find his "I've fallen and can't get up" button and we'll be free of his nuisance.

You'r dismissed also..... :slap: :trolls: :gay:

nucular said:

You need to be careful or you might wind up meeting his Lawyer Dagget. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

MissileMan said:
You need to be careful or you might wind up meeting his Lawyer Dagget. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Kindergarten is dismissed, you all go play in the sandbox for now. :funnyface :duh3: :D

Stephanie said:
Kindergarten is dismissed, you all go play in the sandbox for now. :funnyface :duh3: :D

Stephanie. I'm afraid I'm terribly misunderstood here. There is absolutely no point to having a political forum if you are going to let people get away with making things up. If I came in here and said that Bush rigged the election and my only source of proof is myself you would laugh me out of here and rightfully so. If I said something to that effect you would want some documented facts to back my claim.

Lying to try to prove your point if bad enough but what is even worse is buying into a lie just because it supports your position.

Mr. P said:
Well ya know, perhaps it's only because alcohol is so accessible...pot is not..

Pot is *very* accessible here in California - yet we have seen no increase in pot related traffic fatalities.

NOTE: I do NOT support driving on public roads while impaired - including when too tired - but the fact is that THC is not nearly as much of an impairment in motor skills and judgment as Alcohol.

Andy

archangel said:
you really pissed this vet and former law enfocement officer off...thank your lucky stars I do not know where ya live or I would kick your proverbial ass...enough said! :tinfoil:

Really? Hmm. that's a threat of violence - here in California, that will get you in prison under the stalking law.

REALITY: You are nothing but an embittered, self righteous former cop. The world is better now that you no longer carry a badge. By the way, did you resign, or did you get kicked off the force?

Kindest Regards, you foul example of the worst of the human race,

Andy

CivilLiberty said:
Pot is *very* accessible here in California - yet we have seen no increase in pot related traffic fatalities.

NOTE: I do NOT support driving on public roads while impaired - including when too tired - but the fact is that THC is not nearly as much of an impairment in motor skills and judgment as Alcohol.

Andy

It's very accessible everwhere. I live in south Louisiana and it is no different. Small town, big town...makes little difference. Pot is easy to come by because there is a demand for it.

I don't know what this has to do with politics, but anyway...

It seems to me, for the most part, people are just giving their opinion based on their experience. Things are going to be different in different parts of the country. Where I live, it was a dry county until 1992. After off premises sales were legalized, alcohol related accidents in this area actually dropped dramatically. On the other hand, since 1992, drug related accidents, arrests, and fatalities have risen steadily. The most prominent drug involved in all of this is marijuana.

I don't have any charts or graphs or links to prove what I say. You can either believe it or not, frankly I don't give a rat's ass either way. Someone else can come in and provide statistics and surveys and show that the nationwide average contradicts what happens here if they like. It still doesn't change what is going on in my part of the world.

Forum List

Back