Why do Mitt and the Republican despisre retirees, veterans, and low ranking mil.?

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
Why do Mitt and the Republican despisre retirees, veterans, and low ranking mil.?

Just curious.

Sure, there are a lot of retirees that pay no income tax. Yet, they worked hard all there lives, paid plenty of taxes, for decades and decades. Now they live on small fixed incomes in retirements - and Mitt hates them for it. Says they consider themselves victims. Says they are government dependents? Just because they pay no taxes now even though they paid plenty over their lives? That's fucked.

Sure, there are a lot of veterans that pay no taxes. They fought for your freedom and mine, and they came back to civilian life, and found out they couldn't get a job even though the military told them they've be able to get awesome jobs if they just signed their names on the line.Now they are jobless or have small incomes - yet Mitt Romney wants us to despise them just because they pay no income tax? In fact, it's half of my wife's JOB to make sure that homeless military veterans who are eligible for disability receive it - and Mitt wants to eliminate her job and instead have the homeless defenders of freedom scrape up the money for a private lawyer. That's fucked.

Sure, there are a lot of low ranking enlisted men that pay no taxes. They signed up for low pay to defend our freedom. Many of them have children. Can you imagine? Human beings begating other humans without making 6 figures? Hard to imagine - but yes, many people in our military who make little money decided to have children anyway. And then they claim food stamps. I can't imagine how they could feel guilty for that - considering they signed up to put their lives on the line for the taxpayers who fund it - yet Mitt Romney says they are "victims" who are "dependent" on government. That's just FUCKED.

Why are you so freaking stupid? I'm a vet, you don't speak for me.

I didn't claim to speak for you.

I just wanna know why Mitt hates vets who don't pay taxes. A lot of them don't. A lot of them live on the street and Mitt wants to eliminate the funding to help them obtain the entitlements they are rightfully owed. Not only that, a lot of vets, thank Lord, do not live on the streets - but have meager incomes and do not pay taxes. Mitt says they think of themselves as victims. Mitt says they are government dependents. Even though many if not most of them do not get any payments from government other than those they earned as soldiers - since they do not make enough to pay net federal income taxes - MItt says they are a bunch of government dependents.

That's a fact. It is on the record that Mitt believes all of the 47% of Americans that do not owe federal taxes think of themselves as victims and are government dependents and he even went so far as to decide for them that they will vote for Obama!

Last edited:
Why are you so freaking stupid? I'm a vet, you don't speak for me.

I'm a vet. Did he say he speaks for you?

Thank you for your service.

Speaking for me, I didn't.

I'll tell a little story about my wife and how she helps veterans and others.

She went to law school because she wanted to help people who could not afford lawyers. She chose a state law school so that her student loan load would be low enough to enable her to do that. As soon as she graduated and got herself barred, she began work for a small town legal services corporation, helping poor folks who could not afford lawyers to do simple things that many of us take for granted - like writing a will or legally transferring the property of a deceased relative to his legal heirs. Then we moved and she went to work defending the poor in eviction hearings. A lot of the work simply involved buying time for families with children to find another place to live. A lot if it involved defending innocent clients from criminal landlords.

A couple years later when she was given the opportunity to become the head of the smaller homeless advocacy unit, she jumped on it.

Now she primarily works getting disability benefits for homeless people who are entitled to those benefits by law. Many of those people are veterans of U.S. wars. These aren't people holding up signs that say "Vietnam Vet" who have never been in the military - her clients must produce their military papers for their court proceedings, they are definitively people who - like yourself - have fought for our freedom. Now they live on the fucking street. She has to go to court and convince an administrative law judge they are due what the law says they are due. But the Republicans - including Paul Ryan and Mitt Romney - would like to defund her position. Don't worry - most of legal services corp. is funded by private donors - the company will find her work in another position. But it won't be helping homeless veterans.

And never-mind the rest of her non-veteran clients - most of whom have genuine disabilities that have put them on the street. She has actually been asked by a judge to prove that a client lacking legs was disabled. Imagine that? You show up to court with no legs and the judge asks you to get a doctor to say you are disabled! The Republicans claim they favor helping disabled people who are genuinely in need - yet they do not want to fund the legal services that these people need to secure those benefits! Imagine that!

Last edited:
Yep, when you tell us what we should be thinking because of what someone says or doesn't say in this case, you are in effect trying to speak for me. First Romney never said the things you are emplying which make you a flat out liar. Secondly I have never heard Romney say anybody should despise anyone for any reason, which once again makes you a flat out liar.

OohPooPahDoo wrote "Why do Mitt and the Republican despisre retirees, veterans, and low ranking mil.?

Just curious.

Sure, there are a lot of retirees that pay no income tax. Yet, they worked hard all there lives, paid plenty of taxes, for decades and decades. Now they live on small fixed incomes in retirements - and Mitt hates them for it. Says they consider themselves victims. Says they are government dependents? Just because they pay no taxes now even though they paid plenty over their lives? That's fucked.

Sure, there are a lot of veterans that pay no taxes. They fought for your freedom and mine, and they came back to civilian life, and found out they couldn't get a job even though the military told them they've be able to get awesome jobs if they just signed their names on the line.Now they are jobless or have small incomes - yet Mitt Romney wants us to despise them just because they pay no income tax? In fact, it's half of my wife's JOB to make sure that homeless military veterans who are eligible for disability receive it - and Mitt wants to eliminate her job and instead have the homeless defenders of freedom scrape up the money for a private lawyer. That's fucked.

Sure, there are a lot of low ranking enlisted men that pay no taxes. They signed up for low pay to defend our freedom. Many of them have children. Can you imagine? Human beings begating other humans without making 6 figures? Hard to imagine - but yes, many people in our military who make little money decided to have children anyway. And then they claim food stamps. I can't imagine how they could feel guilty for that - considering they signed up to put their lives on the line for the taxpayers who fund it - yet Mitt Romney says they are "victims" who are "dependent" on government. That's just FUCKED."

Send from my Obamaphone

From what i got from this secret tape the left is making a big stink about.
The one about the 47%...

This is my take.
He is not going to waste valuable time trying to convince people to vote for him
who will never vote for a Republican...They are so stuck on Democrats for whatever the reason.
Sounded like a sound strategy.

Seems like the left looks for anything to bitch about to take the spotlight off Obama.
That is their strategy.That's why they are so big on this Women and binders thing.Their base eats this shit up.

the libtards are going full bore now that Gallup has mitt up by 6%.

Stop using me as part of your agenda. I know who did and didn't look out for me, I know when and where their obligations started and stopped.

And I can tell you right now, the gop looked after vets far better than the dnc would ever do, unless they could tell everyone how great they were.

Yep, when you tell us what we should be thinking because of what someone says or doesn't say in this case, you are in effect trying to speak for me. First Romney never said the things you are emplying which make you a flat out liar. Secondly I have never heard Romney say anybody should despise anyone for any reason, which once again makes you a flat out liar.
All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe that government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it.

The only way that 47% adds up is if he includes all people who did not owe net federal income taxes last year.
That number includes millions of veterans and retirees who paid taxes all their lives and/or put their lives on the line for our freedom.He thinks those people "believe that they are victims"

That's a fucking fact. He said those people "believe that they are victims". Sure - he included a lot of government leaches along with them who may deserve that comment - but the number of 47% does not add up unless he includes ALL people who do not owe federal income tax.

In fact - he actually lumped retirees and veterans on meager incomes - who, as I have said before - paid taxes all their lives and/or put their lives on the line for our freedom - he has lumped them with the real leaches who contribute nothing! To Romney - poor war veterans, retirees on small fixed incomes, and welfare leaches are the same thing.. His speech reflects this in mathematical fact. If you fought for your country and now live on a small income and pay no net income taxes - you are the same to Romney as a drug addict who has spent his entire life leaching off the government. That's a fact.

Last edited:

Stop using me as part of your agenda. I know who did and didn't look out for me, I know when and where their obligations started and stopped.

And I can tell you right now, the gop looked after vets far better than the dnc would ever do, unless they could tell everyone how great they were.

No disabled U.S. veteran should live on the fucking streets and you know it.

The one about the 47%...

This is my take.
He is not going to waste valuable time trying to convince people to vote for him
who will never vote for a Republican...They are so stuck on Democrats for whatever the reason.

Seems like the left looks for anything to bitch about to take the spotlight off Obama.
That is their strategy.That's why they are so big on this Women and binders thing.Their base eats this shit up.

Why would you assume that anyone who didn't pay federal income tax in 2010 would vote Republican? Don't you think a lot of old folks vote Republican? Don't you think a lot of military servicemen vote Republican? Is Mitt Romney really willing to completely discount the vote of every solider with a rank of E4 and below who has a family of 4 as Democrats? Seriously? Because THOSE folks do NOT pay net federal income tax and are PART of the 47% MItt was talking about. Unless of course his 47% isn't actually 47%.

No one can force them to seek the help that is available.

again

Stop using Vets. It makes you more pathetic than usual.

The one about the 47%...

This is my take.

Exactly correct, then you got yahoos like this one making up shit. I bet he stays up nights trying to come up with more lies.

No one can force them to seek the help that is available.

again

Stop using Vets. It makes you more pathetic than usual.

The legal help that is available is largely there due to federal funding that Mitt Romney wants to cut.

A chickenhawk president and the neocons looked out for the troops really well when they sent them into Iraq with necessary equipment and without a clear mission. When there was not enough troops they stop gapped them. When they came home there wasn't the support they needed.

Now you have another chickenhawk who wants to president and the neocons who can't wait to run the show again. You or your children ready for deployment to Iran? Even if you are inactive reserve you can be called up at any time. I think the same works for missionaries but not sure, would have to ask Mitt or Tagg.

Being a conservative I think I can speak for them better then you. Maybe not all of you but if conservatives do dispise anything it is the liberal storyline, or BS.

New Topics

Forum List

Back