Why do liberals say secession is TREASON?

The proof must be that a state can secede, and that has not been done.

You fundamentally don't understand our Constitution

It's not a matter of misunderstanding. They find it to horrible to contemplate, so they invent their own fantasy version of it that says things that just aren't in the actual text of the document.

The idea of people being free to do what they want and extending the middle finger to liberals and their schemes is something liberals find utterly appalling.

I cannot speak for the group you mentioned, and I won't be speaking to you anymore, either.

Show when the Perpetual Union ended, all you insulting, disrespectful, ignorant clones.

Treason has a specific meaning. Secession, in and of itself, does not fall under it.
18 U.S. Code 2381 - Treason US Law LII Legal Information Institute

I agree. Treason wasn't committed until the South opened fire on Fort. Sumter.

How can you betray a government you don't recognize?

I see your point and can agree with that stance since I've come around with their right to leave the Union. Lincoln pretty much baited the South as President Polk had done previously with Mexico.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Show when the Perpetual Union ended, all you insulting, disrespectful, ignorant clones.

if something never existed, it cannot end. its really quite simple. the states did not declare to remain part of the USA in perpetuity.
The United States was never formed? It appears you missed something in history class.

Yes, of course it was formed. But there was no agreement by any state to remain in the union forever. You do know what the word 'perpetual' means don't you?

If those claiming secession is permitted because it doesn't say it's not by the Constitution, how can they claim the Union is no longer Perpetual when it was, clearly, in the beginning and the Constitution does not say it no longer is?

"Ewwww ewww, please let us talk our way out of the union because we are really big pussies who lack the courage of our convictions."

Blah...blah...blah

zzzzzzzzz

Forum List

Back