Why do liberals pick the worst version of arguments to respond to?

Back in the day, Liberals used to have game and would actually discuss things without getting hysterical or shutting down. Not sure what happened to them but it certainly is not good for America.

Yea...good thing Republicans don't resort to hysterics and name calling huh?

Sheesh

It's certainly the easy way out for Liberals to dismiss all of the corruption in our government with "Trump is a liar".

Nope. Trump IS a liar,

But the GOP is a deeply corrupt organization even without him. You Trumpers know that. It's why you voted for Trump in the first place.

A pretty stupid reaction to a real problem

Has anybody ever noticed this?

If you want to really engage someone on the Left, all you have to do is speak in soundbites that convey only a passing acquaintance with a subject and they'll talk to you all day. Or whenever someone on the Left decides to dismantle a conservative argument, they pick the most simplistic, weak-tea version of the argument to address.

Remember how much discussion there was around the Obamacare debates? There were plenty of people on the right making "smart" arguments about why Obamacare was bad policy. But which argument and which version of the opposition did you mostly hear? Sarah Palin wrote on Facebook that she didn't want her baby to have to go before Obama's "death panel".

There have been plenty of studies debunking many of the alarmist claims regarding global warming. But many on the Left would rather wait for someone to mention the Bible or say it was hot last January and then act like that's the only thing anybody's said.

Cherry-picking strawman arguments is not a good indicator of intellect, but so many people on the left think they're smart because they wait until the silliest version of an argument comes through so they can dismiss the argument altogether.

I actually think this tendency backfired and it's what caused Trump to win. The media thought they were going to do to Trump what they did to Bush, Palin, Christine O'Donnell, Todd Akin, and many other Republicans, which is bang the gong over everything he says. But Trump was smart to stick to his guns and not apologize and people respected his plainspokenness, candor, and guts.

Don't you mean the racists base of the Republican Party liked his lies, his racism and his ignorance? Because Donald Trunmp doesn't know the meaning of the word "candor". He lies more than any human being I've ever seen.

And guts? The guy who refuses to visit the troops abroad, because he's scared? Captain Bone Spur?

You're not a liberal, you're a leftist Social Marxist shill piece of shit. I do respond kindly to liberals, too bad you're not one, commie faggot.

Might as well call him a Doodie Head too for all the sense any of that tripe makes

Congratulations! You just exposed yourself for being the mudpuddle -deep twit that you are! All partisan bullshit with zero substance is you.

When a person is too indoctrinated/ignorant to understand the difference between a liberal and a Social Marxist..not much point in engaging them..they are the NPC "Orange Man Bad" type, be they right or left. If they're right-ish, I'll try to explain to them that liberalism is not of the devil. If they're like you, they are of the devil. :1peleas::fu::fu:

Last edited:
Congratulations! You just exposed yourself for being the mudpuddle -deep twit that you are! All partisan bullshit with zero substance is you.

When a person is too indoctrinated/ignorant to understand the difference between a liberal and a Social Marxist..not much point in engaging them..they are the NPC "Orange Man Bad" type, be they right or left. If they're right-ish, I'll try to explain to them that liberalism is not of the devil. If they're like you, they are of the

More of those rational arguments you guys claim to be so proud of??

You left something out of the quote that is entirely relevant and that is against the rules here..

thinking-monkey-if-my-calculations-are-correct-now-would-be-a-perfect-time-to-fling-some-poop.jpg

If you want to really engage someone on the Left, all you have to do is speak in soundbites that convey only a passing acquaintance with a subject and they'll talk to you all day. Or whenever someone on the Left decides to dismantle a conservative argument, they pick the most simplistic, weak-tea version of the argument to address.

Remember how much discussion there was around the Obamacare debates? There were plenty of people on the right making "smart" arguments about why Obamacare was bad policy. But which argument and which version of the opposition did you mostly hear? Sarah Palin wrote on Facebook that she didn't want her baby to have to go before Obama's "death panel".

There have been plenty of studies debunking many of the alarmist claims regarding global warming. But many on the Left would rather wait for someone to mention the Bible or say it was hot last January and then act like that's the only thing anybody's said.

Cherry-picking strawman arguments is not a good indicator of intellect, but so many people on the left think they're smart because they wait until the silliest version of an argument comes through so they can dismiss the argument altogether.

I actually think this tendency backfired and it's what caused Trump to win. The media thought they were going to do to Trump what they did to Bush, Palin, Christine O'Donnell, Todd Akin, and many other Republicans, which is bang the gong over everything he says. But Trump was smart to stick to his guns and not apologize and people respected his plainspokenness, candor, and guts.
Too many dead brain cells...that's what I've always chalked it up to be....libs have damaged brain matter....

I find the left boring, I heard everything they say today 30 years ago.
Back in the day, Liberals used to have game and would actually discuss things without getting hysterical or shutting down. Not sure what happened to them but it certainly is not good for America.

The left will openly make an argument, but can't explain how they came to their conclusions. Brainwashing works that way. Just program your robots on what to say, but not explain why they should be saying it. That's why they explode. As the robot from the vintage show Lost in Space used say, that does not compute.

When they are faced with logic, they break down. It results in name calling, bringing up race no matter if the discussion is about race or not, homophobia, xenophobia or responding by giving you a laundry list of things you couldn't possibly read and respond to individually. If you really frustrate them, they will (claim) put you on the ignore list because they can no longer debate.

Take the gun argument for instance. They forward the failed philosophy that if you disarm everybody, criminals will no longer have guns. Then you bring up our drug problem and how recreational narcotic have been illegal in this country our entire lives, and logic shatters their argument.

Or perhaps bring up the border wall which is current discussion. After they make their false claim, you give them links to places where a wall (or fence) was 100% effective, you ask if they lock their doors at night or when they leave home, you bring up leftist elitists who live in gated communities or have a house in a fenced in gated property.

Logic totally disables a leftist because they don't think for themselves. MSM and their politicians think for them.

I find the left boring, I heard everything they say today 30 years ago.

The left will openly make an argument, but can't explain how they came to their conclusions. Brainwashing works that way. Just program your robots on what to say, but not explain why they should be saying it. That's why they explode. As the robot from the vintage show Lost in Space used say, that does not compute.

When they are faced with logic, they break down. It results in name calling, bringing up race no matter if the discussion is about race or not, homophobia, xenophobia or responding by giving you a laundry list of things you couldn't possibly read and respond to individually. If you really frustrate them, they will (claim) put you on the ignore list because they can no longer debate.

Take the gun argument for instance. They forward the failed philosophy that if you disarm everybody, criminals will no longer have guns. Then you bring up our drug problem and how recreational narcotic have been illegal in this country our entire lives, and logic shatters their argument.

Or perhaps bring up the border wall which is current discussion. After they make their false claim, you give them links to places where a wall (or fence) was 100% effective, you ask if they lock their doors at night or when they leave home, you bring up leftist elitists who live in gated communities or have a house in a fenced in gated property.

Logic totally disables a leftist because they don't think for themselves. MSM and their politicians think for them.
Can you provide an example?

Trump lying his ass off is neither 'plainspokenness', nor 'candor', nor 'guts'. But deception and cowardice.

Oh please. I'm talking about the media's tendency to play up his so-called gaffes and controversial statements. He didn't tuck his tail and run over the "Mexican rapists" thing (which was an example of what I'm referring to), or his "good people on both sides" thing (another example), or his idea about a travel ban (whadda ya know? Another example). What he said made more sense than the Left cared to admit, which is why they still don't understand why he won.

Hilarious. You complain about cherry picking strawmen and then we find out you’re a strawman who cherry picks.

Hey there, folks. A good example of someone not having a point is when they accuse you of doing something without actually pointing out what that thing is.

Thanks for making the point of my thread. [high five]

Conservatives spoke nothing but lies about Obamacare
Death Panels, Government takeover of healthcare, it will destroy the economy, you will lose your doctor

Rationing of care is a reality in any government-run program. You can't name a single governmental benefit you just get just because you apply for it. There are always standards and requirements in place.

It's not a lie because people don't frame intentions in the best light possible. If you require people to pay into a healthcare scheme they don't want under threat of penalty, that is a government take over of healthcare.

And Obama saw the horrible roll out of Obamacare and decided he was going to delay implementation of it so Democrats wouldn't lose too badly in the mid-term elections. So obviously he was worried about what it would do to the economy. And yes, people did lose doctors they liked as a result of Obamacare.

I'm not all that smart. More of a wise ass.

I like using Alinsky Rule #5 against the moonbats.

A piece of shit commie agitator said:
"Ridicule is man's most potent weapon."

Besides, arguing with a programmed moonbat is like arguing with a parrot. If you can persuade a young mind or inspire critical thinking in someone I applaud your efforts. I hope people feel ashamed to look as stupid as some of this forum's vacuous liberal NPC's.

2ezi8tN.gif

The assorted conspiracy batshit that have become conservative dogma ("millions of illegal votes", "Deep State","Coup", "Witchhunt", just to name a few)......don't involve critical thinking skills. But the mindless parroting of predigested talking points that are overwhelmingly contradicted by evidence.

I mean, apply Occam's Razor.

What's more likely......A 'Deep State' and 'Obama's Shadow Army' working to take down Trump that has infiltrated Congress, the FBI, the FISA courts, the National Park Service, the Department of Justice, filled the CIA with 'Democrat Operatives', filled the white house, the EPA, and federal government with 'Trump enemies' working in conjuction Google, with essentially the entire Mainstream Media (except FOX NEWS for no particular reason), international leaders, Twitter, foreign media sources, Mark Zuckerberg, an elaborate plot involving "ring leaders", co-conspirators, James Comey, Facebook, faked affidavits, Lockheed Martin, false charges, James Mueller, planted evidence, George Soros, Seth Rich, 33 faked indictments, Rod Rosenstein, dozens of faked convictions, extortion, forced plea deals, and hell, even Mueller MURDERING people.

Or.

Trump is just a liar.

Not only is the conspiracy batshit that the right is huffing nonsensical, void of compelling evidence and fantastically complicated......its completely unnecessary.

You just listed a bunch of shit that I'm sure you have no knowledge of to argue it's void of evidence. It's easier to just believe Trump just has a fetish for lying as opposed to there being scandals and controversies that are bubbling under the surface that certain people don't want to talk about because it wouldn't be beneficial to them.

Trump lying his ass off is neither 'plainspokenness', nor 'candor', nor 'guts'. But deception and cowardice.

Oh please. I'm talking about the media's tendency to play up his so-called gaffes and controversial statements. He didn't tuck his tail and run over the "Mexican rapists" thing (which was an example of what I'm referring to), or his "good people on both sides" thing (another example), or his idea about a travel ban (whadda ya know? Another example). What he said made more sense than the Left cared to admit, which is why they still don't understand why he won.

Hilarious. You complain about cherry picking strawmen and then we find out you’re a strawman who cherry picks.

Hey there, folks. A good example of someone not having a point is when they accuse you of doing something without actually pointing out what that thing is.

Thanks for making the point of my thread. [high five]

Conservatives spoke nothing but lies about Obamacare
Death Panels, Government takeover of healthcare, it will destroy the economy, you will lose your doctor

Rationing of care is a reality in any government-run program. You can't name a single governmental benefit you just get just because you apply for it. There are always standards and requirements in place.

It's not a lie because people don't frame intentions in the best light possible. If you require people to pay into a healthcare scheme they don't want under threat of penalty, that is a government take over of healthcare.

And Obama saw the horrible roll out of Obamacare and decided he was going to delay implementation of it so Democrats wouldn't lose too badly in the mid-term elections. So obviously he was worried about what it would do to the economy. And yes, people did lose doctors they liked as a result of Obamacare.

I'm not all that smart. More of a wise ass.

I like using Alinsky Rule #5 against the moonbats.

A piece of shit commie agitator said:
"Ridicule is man's most potent weapon."

Besides, arguing with a programmed moonbat is like arguing with a parrot. If you can persuade a young mind or inspire critical thinking in someone I applaud your efforts. I hope people feel ashamed to look as stupid as some of this forum's vacuous liberal NPC's.

2ezi8tN.gif

The assorted conspiracy batshit that have become conservative dogma ("millions of illegal votes", "Deep State","Coup", "Witchhunt", just to name a few)......don't involve critical thinking skills. But the mindless parroting of predigested talking points that are overwhelmingly contradicted by evidence.

I mean, apply Occam's Razor.

What's more likely......A 'Deep State' and 'Obama's Shadow Army' working to take down Trump that has infiltrated Congress, the FBI, the FISA courts, the National Park Service, the Department of Justice, filled the CIA with 'Democrat Operatives', filled the white house, the EPA, and federal government with 'Trump enemies' working in conjuction Google, with essentially the entire Mainstream Media (except FOX NEWS for no particular reason), international leaders, Twitter, foreign media sources, Mark Zuckerberg, an elaborate plot involving "ring leaders", co-conspirators, James Comey, Facebook, faked affidavits, Lockheed Martin, false charges, James Mueller, planted evidence, George Soros, Seth Rich, 33 faked indictments, Rod Rosenstein, dozens of faked convictions, extortion, forced plea deals, and hell, even Mueller MURDERING people.

Or.

Trump is just a liar.

Not only is the conspiracy batshit that the right is huffing nonsensical, void of compelling evidence and fantastically complicated......its completely unnecessary.

You just listed a bunch of shit that I'm sure you have no knowledge of to argue it's void of evidence. It's easier to just believe Trump just has a fetish for lying as opposed to there being scandals and controversies that are bubbling under the surface that certain people don't want to talk about because it wouldn't be beneficial to them.
Certain people dont want to talk about them due to lack of facts.

With so many lies coming from the GOP it IS hard deciding which ones to blow apart

And he still got 3,000,000 fewer votes than Hillary.

That will always be worth a personal funny.
:21::21::21::21:
We Won!!!!

But, we lost.

That will always be worth a personal funny.
:21::21::21::21:
We Won!!!!

But, we lost.

A hollow victory if a victory at all for HRC.

From a strictly personal point of view, it's a lot more fun that Hillary lost. The nation is in more peril than ever and that's not cool. Neither is the cheapening of the office of President that Trump has overseen but from a strictly personal standpoint, it's fun watching the 24/7 damage control, the wild conspiracy theories, the nutty rationalizations, and above all else, the 180 degree pivots from the formerly "stronger than oak" principles they supposedly had; deficit reduction, smaller government, family values, honesty etc...

And even more lost their employer sponsored plan like I did. I was insured my entire life with preexisting conditions until DumBama, and I've been without insurance ever since.

Because it was such a failure, the left often brings up some opinion piece by the Heritage Foundation, or point to what Mitt Romney did in his state. If Commie Care was successful, the left would have never heard about Heritage or brought up Romney.

It's certainly the easy way out for Liberals to dismiss all of the corruption in our government with "Trump is a liar".

Nope. Trump IS a liar,

But the GOP is a deeply corrupt organization even without him. You Trumpers know that. It's why you voted for Trump in the first place.

Nope. Trump IS a liar,

Nope. Trump IS a liar,

Both parties are deeply corrupt.

And even more lost their employer sponsored plan like I did. I was insured my entire life with preexisting conditions until DumBama, and I've been without insurance ever since.

Because it was such a failure, the left often brings up some opinion piece by the Heritage Foundation, or point to what Mitt Romney did in his state. If Commie Care was successful, the left would have never heard about Heritage or brought up Romney.
And Republicans lie all the time about everything.

And when they aren't lying, they are in denial.

Like GOP racism. A nearly all white party that supports a man who says some Mexicans don't rape. But somehow isn't racist.

Look at GOP policies. They don't help the majority of Americans. Tax cuts for billionaires don't help Americans.

In fact, look at Red States. Nearly every one an economic basket case only staying afloat because of money they get from Blue States.

Republican Policies on education, infrastructure, foreign policy, each and every one a disaster.

And now, Republicans can stop pretending they are the party of morals and values. They are anti traditional Christian on every position.

Worse, they still, laughingly, proclaim they are the party of law and order when they elected a lawless president under criminal investigation in every single part of his life.

And still, in spite of all the indictments and convictions, they claim it's all a witch hunt. They are lost. A lost cause.

Forum List

Back