Why Do Liberals In Washington Really Love Tax Increases?

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
It seems like everything they do eventually ends up leading to possible tax increases.

Overweight kids may even lead to it. I'm not kidding!!!

They've spent us into so much debt...on purpose....just so they can pass more tax increases.

But why do they always seem to do this?

They've been dreaming up ways of increasing our taxes for decades and all it ends up doing is pissing people off. So they've made it popular in some circles to raise our taxes to pay for all of the wonderful things they've implemented.

Truth is Democrats can't help it. The only way they know how to gain power is by making us beholding to them.

So if you think about it logically they really don't want us to be able to live without them.

What better way to do this then to take away our independence....or in other words...take away most of our income.

Discuss.

It's not that liberals love tax increases, it's that they understand the reality that you would have to be either hopelessly insane or stupid to the point of "drooling idiot" to believe that you could cut taxes during a time a war.

Know anyone who did that? Yes, two presidents. But for entirely different reasons.

The first one did it to give his friends money.

The second one did it to get enough support to save the economy.

The first one is unforgivable.

The second one is understandable.

It's not that liberals love tax increases, it's that they understand the reality that you would have to be either hopelessly insane or stupid to the point of "drooling idiot" to believe that you could cut taxes during a time a war.

Know anyone who did that? Yes, two presidents. But for entirely different reasons.

Nobody ever cut taxes to give their friends money.

It's called..."Letting everyone keep their own money"

Now...there's a case that can be made quite easily that raising taxes can be accused of "Taking money from one group and giving it to your friends"

The answer to why liberals in Washington love tax increases comes down to a simple matter of jobs. Their own. I look at it as their abuse of a progressive tax system for their own empowerment. This system allows for them to parade one "feel good" social program after another to the voters, the vast majority of which will give little consideration to their costs.

It seems like everything they do eventually ends up leading to possible tax increases.

They've spent us into so much debt...on purpose....just so they can pass more tax increases.

They've been dreaming up ways of increasing our taxes for decades and all it ends up doing is pissing people off. So they've made it popular in some circles to raise our taxes to pay for all of the wonderful things they've implemented.

Truth is Democrats can't help it. The only way they know how to gain power is by making us beholding to them.

So if you think about it logically they really don't want us to be able to live without them.

What better way to do this then to take away our independence....or in other words...take away most of our income.

Discuss.

Power-lust! Benevolence has nothing to do with their Marxist agenda. Only power and control over the lives of those they try to reduce to slaves of a new order....

So we've got a real or imagined perception that Bush handed out cash to the oil industry yet we see Obama handing out cash to unions, foreign countries, and anyone with an axe to grind with the US.

What is the difference?

The difference is that what was claimed before was just a setup to what is going on now.

The difference is the purpose wasn't to be fair...but to improve the economy...where as now it's just paybacks, bribes, and showing favoritism.

Last edited:
So we've got a real or imagined perception that Bush handed out cash to the oil industry yet we see Obama handing out cash to unions, foreign countries, and anyone with an axe to grind with the US.

What is the difference?

The difference is that what was claimed before was just a setup to what is going on now.

The difference is the purpose wasn't to be fair...but to improve the economy...where as now it's just paybacks, bribes, and showing favoritism.

Absolutely. It's O*P*M...not unlike Opium...higly addictive for their power over others.

How can one 'Give' something that isn't theirs for starters? Logic isn't your friend is it?

Republican voters refuse to accept cuts to Social Security, Medicare or defense. They make up the lion's share of the budget. How do you intend to pay for those things? More debt? At some point you have to face the fact that these things are widely demanded by Republicans.

Immaturity.

It's always tempting for kids to ask for a raise in allowance instead of getting a job to earn money.

Congress is filled with people who have never really worked in the private sector and have relied on the allowance concept their entire lives.

Immaturity.

It's always tempting for kids to ask for a raise in allowance instead of getting a job to earn money.

Congress is filled with people who have never really worked in the private sector and have relied on the allowance concept their entire lives.

This is very true. I would ask Mud whether we should really be singling out 'Liberals' (and to be honest, there are very, very few genuine Liberals in Congress - more's the pity)... or should we just say 'Congress'. It appears to me that the love of other people's money is a bipartisan disease and one that prevents intelligent people from voting from any of these insects.

Immaturity.

This is very true. I would ask Mud whether we should really be singling out 'Liberals' (and to be honest, there are very, very few genuine Liberals in Congress - more's the pity)... or should we just say 'Congress'. It appears to me that the love of other people's money is a bipartisan disease and one that prevents intelligent people from voting from any of these insects.

The latter. Partisan tripe aside? They ALL need to GO.

I am a child of the 50's. I am lucky to be the son of a very wealthy liberal democrat attorney. The tax rates that HE paid in the Eisenhower years were more than twice as high as they are today.

He never once complained about paying higher taxes because he knew that he lived very well in our society and that he could afford to pay high taxes and still provide for his family in fine fashion.

Liberal democrats know that our nation can and has prospered with much higher tax rates than we have today and that we can certainly afford to increase the marginal tax rate a few measley percentage points without causing any traumatic effects.

I am a child of the 50's. I am lucky to be the son of a very wealthy liberal democrat attorney. The tax rates that HE paid in the Eisenhower years were more than twice as high as they are today.

He never once complained about paying higher taxes because he knew that he lived very well in our society and that he could afford to pay high taxes and still provide for his family in fine fashion.

Liberal democrats know that our nation can and has prospered with much higher tax rates than we have today and that we can certainly afford to increase the marginal tax rate a few measley percentage points without causing any traumatic effects.

Why the Hell don't you get it over with and proclaim you LOVE for larger Government and be done with it?

Our Republic is going down the tubes and you sing the praises of those that are providing the downfall.

And I don't care what your background is sport.

Personally? I think you're full of shit. ONE soldier to another..."Commander"

Last edited:
:rolleyes:

...hint for stooooopid fuck conservative cheerleaders: ONLY A MISERABLE, GODDAMNED FOOL COULD QUIBBLE ABOUT THE 'DIFFERENCE' :rolleyes: IN 'THE TAX BILL' HANDED US BY EITHER THE STINKING 'LIBERAL' REPUBLICRATS OR YOUR STINKING 'CONSERVATIVE' REPUBLICRATS

...stfu, republicrats..

..the rest of you, have a good day!..

Discuss.

mudwhistle, this common MISPERCEPTION arises because the public can see a stimulus check in the hands of every taxpayer. What they are less able to see are ginormous price supports to Big Agriculture, or plushy contracts to Big Business from the Dept. of Defense.

Although no one lines up perfectly along party lines all his career, most politicians who identify as Democrats (we do not have a "Liberal Party") will support government initiatives that reach the public, and most Republicans (same caveat) will oppose them. But BOTH sets of politicians spend money like it's made of water.

No one side can claim to be "fiscally conservative". They are all thieves and liars.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back