Why do I even listen to Public Radio?

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
I have Michael Feldman's Whad'Ya Know? on right now. I didn't hear his opening monologue, but good chance it put down Romney, Ryan, Scott Walker and/or Tommy Thompson. It usually does lately. And now here he is doing a chat session with Tammy Baldwin. He's giving her a free infomercial for her senate campaign.

He is the most open Democrat shill I've come across on NPR (distributed by PRI but on the NPR stations).

Why do I listen?

I guess I just want to be aware of what the other side is up to, and I've always been the type to poke a sore spot to see if it is still sore. This one sure is.

They have a monopoly.

It's a disappointment that the right never seems to have calm, intelligent electronic media. The books, magazines, journals and websites are OK. But TV and radio are for shit: Hannity, Rush, and Fox News. Greeeaaat.

I have Michael Feldman's Whad'Ya Know? on right now. I didn't hear his opening monologue, but good chance it put down Romney, Ryan, Scott Walker and/or Tommy Thompson. It usually does lately. And now here he is doing a chat session with Tammy Baldwin. He's giving her a free infomercial for her senate campaign.

He is the most open Democrat shill I've come across on NPR (distributed by PRI but on the NPR stations).

Why do I listen?

I guess I just want to be aware of what the other side is up to, and I've always been the type to poke a sore spot to see if it is still sore. This one sure is.

thats one of the few shows I enjoy aside from Car Talk, re-broadcasts of Gunsmoke & Johnny Dollar.

Why do you listen to Public Radio? "Opposition Research".

Gotta' know what the enemy is thinkin' right? Them broadcasting it makes it that much easier for you.

• Banned
That is exactly why I listen to Feldman.

I keep Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me! on afterward for the more even-handed humor. But that's why I listen to Feldman.

Wisconsin Public Radio has twice the partisanship the rest of the nation has to deal with.

WPR has two channels -- one for the typical national fare and one which features more local people. Every now and then I check on one of the local people -- Joy Cardin, who has a 3 hour program -- to see if she is still have a hard time covering her liberal alignment ... and yeah, she still is. She doesn't make it as clear as Rachel Maddow. But if she thinks she's hiding it, she's delusional. And I think she might really think she's hiding it ... 'coz every now and then she and her guests pat themselves on the back for the balance of their programing.

Why do I listen?

Force myself to listen to NPR on the way in, listen to conservative talk on the way home.
It's excruciating at times in the morning but it's not cheating if I accidentally bump the cd play while fumbling to turn up the volume, only to find I have one of my favorite discs in...is it? :cool:

Why do I listen?

because letting a Democrat speak...he must be a shill?

Why do I listen?

Not to learn, obviously. I suggest you stick to FOX.

Why do I listen?

because letting a Democrat speak...he must be a shill?

I guess you missed the part about how he regularly trashes Republicans in his opening monologue. Democrats do not get that treatment. They get invited to come and giggle with him.

Why do I listen?

Not to learn, obviously. I suggest you stick to FOX.

If you even flash by it while you're channel surfing, then you watch more FOX than I do.

"The enemy"? The rabid right is going over a cliff straight into the the 1920s & 1950s. Sad. There is no comparison between the extremist right and AMERICA'S founders; look toward Vichy France.

Forum List

Back