Why do humans hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time I asked him how I should think, he gave me this face: :neutral:
I bet he's just one of those guys whose face looks like that all the time.

Oh, and sage is for cooking, and mantras are for people too weak to think for themselves.

You'll never attain enlightenment with that attitude.

Shit. Guess I better get me one of those Dihmiwits, or whatever the hell they are.

you can get two half wits for the same price.

Why are YOU here, Dis?

It's not like you have any interest in getting rid of your hatred.

I do. That's why I'm asking questions.

Bullshit--you are looknig for sympathizers to tell your tale of woe to.

What tale of woe?

All of a sudden I realized I had a moment of genuine hate for someone. I've been investigating it ever since.

No woe in that.

Well lem'me tell ya sky baby... if you talked this beat around the bush, vague, psycho babble bull shit to me all the time, I'd want to be mean to you too, like right now... :lol:

Shit woman... you are really out there aren't you? Drop much acid? :eusa_eh:

I hate one individual, and I've been looking at why. The reason that came is because I don't accept the individual enjoys being harmful.

I find that repulsive.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Obviously, hatred isn't a religious or spiritual value or practice.

An interesting question, Sky Dancer and in one day look at the responses you’ve gotten.

I dislike the word hate, and hope that I don’t do it, seeing it as a waste of time. I prefer the word “despise,” which is a word that I can get my mind around. But to use your word, I think we “hate” that which we fear. I have only one instance of this strong emotion in my entire life. If I think back on this emotional event in it’s context, it seems that the feeling came out of the inability to cope with a person who I knew was doing evil things, achieving a level of “popularity” but at the same time causing me to doubt the efficacy of what I believed was doing the right thing.

But before the situation I refer to began to develop, I only felt unfriendly and a moderate feeling of revulsion for this person, happy to have nothing to do with him. When I attempted to shut him out, by being unwilling to sell him some land he wanted and I controlled, he found a way around me and got in anyway. Although I felt reasonably the master of my environment, this person had invaded it. This "exclusiveness" had been immature on my own part.

Once in, he followed through with the sort of thing I knew he was capable of, making my life in the neighborhood I’d developed as “uncomfortable” as he could over a period of about 10 years. My only revenge had to be that of simply living “the good life”, one that earned me respect in my community for at least trying always to do the right thing. In a way he may have actually helped me.

To sum up, I think that a feeling of fear experienced on a subliminal level translates into a strong feeling of “anger”. But if that anger is not a reasonable emotion to feel, it is transmuted by the chemistry of our soul into the emotion we call hatred.

So when I hear people say that “I hate” this or “I hate” that, I discount that as being out of proportion to what could truly be described as hatred.

For many this feeling must be founded on having been “bullied” in their childhood or later on; heaven knows bullies are always around. My own experience with bullies, was that as soon as I was sure that they were fastening their attention on me, I challenged them in a physical way that left no question in their minds of what I was about to do, and lots of times I was forced to follow through.

With the person in my long narrative above, there seemed to be no equivalent physical solution that I had found worked so well in my childhood, or even in my life in the military, so I despised him, but always treated him as just another neighbor, one who I kept my distance from, but who I would not even deign to speak disdainfully about.

Last edited:
That's what you think? Who is Love Bites? Someone you know?

I know all of the bloggers on that site. Are you trying to bait me, Sky? Or, just stalk me? Should I feel flattered? Why did you pick Love Bites out of the many writers on that site? Perhaps I am Calamity or Miss Missives. Or, maybe, I'm Father Gene.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back