Why Do Folks Hang With One Of The 4000 Ancient Gods

o i havent missed any of your whining......i was christianized.....who wasnt in those times.....get over it....forgive them and move on....

Serve yourself...I'm not holding a grudge against individuals........they were brainwashed too. I've got it in for the whole goddam church. They would suck one for money and the Catholics have proven for a thousand years that they will suck one for nothing...even little ones.

Last edited:
Cammmpbell, what makes you think you KNOW so much better than those who rest quietly within whatever established 'religion' they choose? Can you *just* leave it alone and form your own walls/barriers that would help you establish your own levels of much needed security? Why war against those which do not directly bother you? How, specifically, does another's level of spiritual growth and desire effect you to the point of posting so hateful? Your posts seem to target far more than *just* Christians. ♥

Cammmpbell, what makes you think you KNOW so much better than those who rest quietly within whatever established 'religion' they choose? Can you *just* leave it alone and form your own walls/barriers that would help you establish your own levels of much needed security? Why war against those which do not directly bother you? How, specifically, does another's level of spiritual growth and desire effect you to the point of posting so hateful? Your posts seem to target far more than *just* Christians. ♥

Nope....ain't gonna' happen. The church controlled most of my life until I was sixty years old. I'm not even yet. I doubt I ever will be.

Nope....ain't gonna' happen. The church controlled most of my life until I was sixty years old. I'm not even yet. I doubt I ever will be.

Ironically, it's controlling you now more than it ever actually did.

Hold it Cammmpbell.

Think about it--what does religion provide its followers?

Here is a list off the top of my head.
1)A place of belonging
2)a purpose to/in life
3) the appreciation of other members of the religion
4)Sets of advice on how to live this life.
5) the distinction between condoned and condemned behavior models
6)A basis for societal order

Religion has purpose! Now when you start talking about myths and so forth, that is a different story altogether.

Hold it Cammmpbell.

1)A place of belonging
2)a purpose to/in life

Religion has purpose! Now when you start talking about myths and so forth, that is a different story altogether.

you forgot the demonization and division of those who do not share the religions beliefs...... which leads to justification to rape murder and pillage of those "heathens" lands and people.......

and remember, every myth started out as a belief just as strong current religions........ only diference between religion and myth is that the myths dont have many present followers of those beliefs.......

I can't wait until Jesus comes back in Glory and all unbelievers fall on their knees scared to death because they will know they are doomed.

you will surprised when he judges you.

you are worse than an unbeliever.
I won't be surprised. And no, I am not worse than an unbeliever. Unbelievers will be going to a place very hot.

:cool: Jamaica!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFGgbT_VasI]Bob Marley - redemption song acustic - YouTube[/ame]

No, unbelievers like your sorry a$% will be thrown into the lake of fire with satan.

A true God's authority does not rely on threats.

If you are driving toward a cliff and you are told "Don't drive there or you'll fall over" is it a threat or a warning?

If you're talking about the threat or warning of hell it's primordial fear....no such place, no such threat and only those who believe "Ol Scratch Will Get You" from their childhood are the least bit afraid of it. If I believed in the devil I'd tell him to stick it up his back side. If I believed in the holy ghost I'd sic him on the devil. If I believed any of that ancient bullshit I'd voluntarily walk into a mental health hospital and commit myself. I'm not impressed at all by the invisible man in the sky. He can't manage money...always needs more money.

Last edited:
Hold it Cammmpbell.

1)A place of belonging
2)a purpose to/in life

Religion had a purpose.

Evolution used it to teach our young species the value of organizing in groups with common goals. Once more of the world is governed by groups organized around the tasks and services we expect of government, and less around the concept of "Our God is the coolest!" and what amounts to a popularity contest among leaders in the worship industry, the sooner our kids can drive a free economy of tolerance to the stars.

Evolution is patient and death ultimately rules, no matter the mans ego.

Last edited:

Lashing out won't make you one bit less the little failure of a human being that you are. You're just a bitch and a fraud completely dominated by your weakness and insecurity.

He feels abused. Who doesn't want to shout the accusation from the roof top once it's public?

So? :dunno: Now what? How much 'self' gets left behind?

Say what you want about him, the character in Earth literature known as Jesus of Nazareth was right when he admonished Forgiving R:rock:CKS!

Lashing out won't make you one bit less the little failure of a human being that you are. You're just a bitch and a fraud completely dominated by your weakness and insecurity.

LMAO..........I Love It When You're Upset!!!!!!!

I've had three IQ tests...average score 129

Began as paper boy in 1944...I was nine years old. Pay $3.60 per week

Began to mow lawns in 1946. I was eleven years old. Averaged $20 per week during summers

Continued both papers and mowing and began to buy my own clothes when I was fourteen
went in debt for my first car before I was able to legally drive it

Began working at a full service garage when I was barely sixteen

Worked 40 hrs junior and senior year HS and 60 hours during summers...$0.60 per hour

Hired at a Uranium processing plant in 1952...rotating shift...Pay $1.71 per hour

Worked five years and was drafted into the army infantry Pay...$73 per month

Returned in 1959 and continued my job as process operator pay $3.10 per hour
The company gave me seniority credit for the time I was in the army, continued in national guards

I play keyboards and piano so I was drawing checks from three places when my kids were young. My regular job, the national guards and playing when I could with small bands and combos. Discharged from guards in 1964 as a tank commander on an M-48 Medium Patton Tank

Was laid off because of seniority in February 1961 but relocated to the data processing center where they were installing a new $2.5 million main frame computer. Continued to work rotating shift work. Took a $200 a month cut...about 30%.

Worked about 18 months, learned to program in SPS, C T and Fortran 1 and made shift supervisor. With overtime about $700 a month.

In 1968 was set up to computer operations supervisor over three shifts and 40 employees. Pay...approximately $800 a month but worked straight days and no overtime

Our center had $66 million of computing and telecommunications equipment installed on 18,000 sq. ft. of floating floor. Our power bill to TVA was over half a million dollars per year and the center required over 400 tons of refrigeration. We installed Oak Ridge's first super computer...the Cray XMP 2/4. We later upgraded to a 4.

25 years later, late 1993 I retired after 41 years with the same company. Good pension and at age 62 began to draw social security...about $48,000 per year total. My wife has a similar career path and between the two of us and her part time job we make about $75,000 per year.

We both have a high school education but I did complete an electronics school which lasted about two and a half years in the mid 1960's.

We have a 4br brick rancher with 220ft. lake frontage. I have a dock, well pump in the lake with six well spaced outlets for irrigation. I have a pontoon boat with a 115hp Evinrude engine and we hit the lake every once in a while for a little fishing etc.

Hey Bud....don't you go feeling sorry for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back