Why Do Folks Hang With One Of The 4000 Ancient Gods

o listen to ya.....

dont make me hex ya......lol

i assure you if i could do that.....there would be a lot of dead siblings......

ooooo that was bad

I read the bible cover to cover and also the book of mormon before I was 20 years old. By the time I was 30 I had most of the new testament memori ed chapter and verse. I lived and worked in the church till I was over 60 years old.

And that explains your problem.

Have you ever known a recovering alcoholic who is so down on alcohol that he wants to bring back Prohibition? You're kind of like that, only about religion.

You will not be free of the religion of your boyhood until you can stop fighting it, accepting its defeat.

o like i havent tried that dragon....really ???? i have told him that ...several times...

he is dense....

what i think he is missing....90% of this board is christian? really? but there are pagans (2) i think....
and others....atheist....etc...but we are in a questionable harmony ...do think eder and them dont mock me .....but do i feel the need to respond to every insult?

naw....plus they do it in a gentle way....no one needs bitter....no one...if we just go about attacking one another due to religion....it would be sad...

4000 ancient gods.

you gotta collect them all!

i'm still looking for baal and hesperus

i swear, they make them rare on purpose.

i have 39 allahs, 47 jahwes and 129 Gods (christian).

i would give all of them for one anansi in mint condition.

you're right, of course.

i paid $452 for an odin in good condition, and i had to spend three days logged in to ebay to get it.

it's a scam

So, you are proselytizing like an evangelical. It's funny.

I read the bible cover to cover and also the book of mormon before I was 20 years old. By the time I was 30 I had most of the new testament memori ed chapter and verse. I lived and worked in the church till I was over 60 years old. Don't be condescending toward me.....if won't work.

seems to me she's just stating facts. if you've started a thread that didn't involve bashing religion in general and christianity in particular, i missed it.

tell me more about your cooling requirements...

One thing I've found to be true without flaw...including my own kids and grandkids. Once brainwashed it is seldom undone. The human mind is not prepared for that.

The only way a 2000 year old tale told by superstitious goatherders about things which have never been confirmed or verified by anything except the bible...is by the brainwashing of the infants and small children of each new generation. The Jews wrote the new testament and they don't even believe it.

Last edited:
Here's a few absolute, provable facts about the Christian church:

This ought to be amusing

For a thousand years the church required infant baptism. When people began to doubt that an infant might burn in eternal hell fire the church dropped the requirement. The scripture is still there

Except there is not a single scripture that supports infant baptism.

For thousands of years the church hunted down, tortured and burned witches at the stake. When people discovered that there is no such thing as a witch they shut up about it. The scripture is still there.

There are no such things as witches now? I am sure all the openly practicing witches would object to that.

For thousands of years the church tolerated and sometimes accomodated slavery. When the slaves were freed and civil rights laws were written they stopped mentioning it. The scripture is still there.

The churches of the world were the ones who fought to eliminate slavery in western civilization.

For thousands of years the church condoned and preached about women being submissive to men. When women began to vote and show up in the workplace the church began to tone down it's rhetoric. The scripture is still there.

The scriptures require submission as the husband submits to God. Nothings changed. People just aren't narrowly defining submission to mean what you claim it does.

For thousands of years the church condemned homosexuality but now some have not only accepted Gays into their congregations some Gays are pastoring or ministering chuches. The scripture is still there.

Yeah, nice one. Im sure you can get all the gays reading this to tell how much the Church has embraced their lifestyle.

After billions of hell fire and damnation sermons when many began to doubt a soul burning eternally, ordered by the loving, caring god as punishment for his own creatures.....the church has begun to distance itself from the flames by saying all of it was errors in translation. The scripture is still there. Here are some examples:

The man in Luke 16:24 cries: ". . .I am tormented in this FLAME."

In Matthew 13:42, Jesus says: "And shall cast them into a FURNACE OF FIRE: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

In Matthew 25:41, Jesus says: "Depart from me, ye cursed, into EVERLASTING FIRE,. . ."

Revelation 20:15 says, " And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the LAKE OF FIRE."

Daniel 3:6 Whoever does not fall down and worship will immediately be thrown into a" BLA ING FURNACE"

Matthew 3:12 His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with UNQUENCHABLE FIRE."

Matthew 13:50 and throw them into the FIERY FURNACE, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Who exactly is claiming it's an error in translation?

This is the dumbest most dishonest list I've ever seen posted. Id suggest educating yourself, but I have the feeling that you are already plenty educated and just dishonest.

This ought to be amusing

For a thousand years the church required infant baptism. When people began to doubt that an infant might burn in eternal hell fire the church dropped the requirement. The scripture is still there

Except there is not a single scripture that supports infant baptism.

There are no such things as witches now? I am sure all the openly practicing witches would object to that.

The churches of the world were the ones who fought to eliminate slavery in western civilization.

The scriptures require submission as the husband submits to God. Nothings changed. People just aren't narrowly defining submission to mean what you claim it does.

For thousands of years the church condemned homosexuality but now some have not only accepted Gays into their congregations some Gays are pastoring or ministering chuches. The scripture is still there.

Yeah, nice one. Im sure you can get all the gays reading this to tell how much the Church has embraced their lifestyle.

After billions of hell fire and damnation sermons when many began to doubt a soul burning eternally, ordered by the loving, caring god as punishment for his own creatures.....the church has begun to distance itself from the flames by saying all of it was errors in translation. The scripture is still there. Here are some examples:

In Matthew 13:42, Jesus says: "And shall cast them into a FURNACE OF FIRE: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

In Matthew 25:41, Jesus says: "Depart from me, ye cursed, into EVERLASTING FIRE,. . ."

Revelation 20:15 says, " And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the LAKE OF FIRE."

Daniel 3:6 Whoever does not fall down and worship will immediately be thrown into a" BLA ING FURNACE"

Matthew 3:12 His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with UNQUENCHABLE FIRE."

Matthew 13:50 and throw them into the FIERY FURNACE, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Who exactly is claiming it's an error in translation?

This is the dumbest most dishonest list I've ever seen posted. Id suggest educating yourself, but I have the feeling that you are already plenty educated and just dishonest.

You've drank the Kool-Aid. Your arguments are the most stupid collection of bullshit I've ever seen.

The bible is bullshit. The only way to prove the bible is by other references in the bible. There were six known historians alive in the world during the Jesus years and not a one of them documented the virgin birth, the walking on water, the healing of leprosy by touching, the turning water into wine, the feeding 5000 hungry men plus women and children who also ate with two fish and five loaves then gathering 12 baskets of leftovers, the raising of the dead by touching, the crucifiction and resurrection etc. Don't pull the Josephus stuff on me...he was a Jew and the Jews wrote the bible...even though they don't even believe the new testament.

It would be like the NY Times never mentioning Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris...in other words it didn't happen. Get your head on straight.

Last edited:
some day facts will mean more than fantasy in this world.

I cant wait until those days arrive in mankind
I can't wait until Jesus comes back in Glory and all unbelievers fall on their knees scared to death because they will know they are doomed.

o my my listen to yall.....

i worship the goddess of witches.......many have since nearly the beginning of times...

hecate is the greek goddess of witches and the crossroads
False gods and goddesses are nothing more than lies and a path to destruction.

I can't wait until Jesus comes back in Glory and all unbelievers fall on their knees scared to death because they will know they are doomed.

you will surprised when he judges you.

you are worse than an unbeliever.

You've drank the Kool-Aid. Your arguments are the most stupid collection of bullshit I've ever seen.

The bible is bullshit. The only way to prove the bible is by other references in the bible. There were six known historians alive in the world during the Jesus years and not a one of them documented the virgin birth, the walking on water, the healing of leprosy by touching, the turning water into wine, the feeding 5000 hungry men plus women and children who also ate with two fish and five loaves then gathering 12 baskets of leftovers, the raising of the dead by touching, the crucifiction and resurrection etc. Don't pull the Josephus stuff on me...he was a Jew and the Jews wrote the bible...even though they don't even believe the new testament.

It would be like the NY Times never mentioning Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris...in other words it didn't happen. Get your head on straight.

I haven't had Kool-aid since i was much younger. And I certainly would drink any prepared by communists.

You just don't like the fact that I pointed out the flaws in your claims.

And your analogy is pretty innacurate. Unless, of course, you are seriously going to claim that there isn't a major difference between a local newspaper keeping track of local stories in a literate society where communication is ever made simpler and 6 historians world wide covering a story in an "insignificant" province at a time where practically no one is literate and communication takes months if not years over even relatively short distances.

Are you really so naive as to think that our ability to communicate/travel/record is at all comparable to what it was 2000 years ago? Did you miss the entire industrial revolution? They invented something cool about 500-600 years ago called a Printing press. It totally revolutionized civilization. and increased the amounts of records being kept.

And you are also wrong is that is that would be a way to prove the Bible. The only way to prove the Bible is through the Holy Spirit. It's the Holy Spirit that testifies of the Father and the Son. Even if every one of those six historians mentioned the events in the Bible without countless thousands of others adding in their witness, you wouldn't believe the Bible. The only proof we have for the resurrection is the witness of the Holy Ghost and the testimony of those who witnessed it, which are in the Bible and other scriptures.

But obviously the Bible itself isnt testimony that it's true. Which of course leads us back to going to God and learning from Him.

you will surprised when he judges you.

you are worse than an unbeliever.

Is he? I don't know that. I doubt you know that. I say leave the judgment to God.

i worship the goddess of witches.......many have since nearly the beginning of times...

The Thane of Glamis and Cawdor was looking for you. He has some questions about the Great Birnam wood to high Dunsinane hill marching against his castle. Does Kudzu count?

Today as we speak if the south sea islands are included there are more than 4000 gods being worshipped. Take the Christian faith and add more than 44,000 denominations, conventions, sects, cults, sub cults, etc.

Why do people blindly accept one ancient god instead of researching and reading about all religions

Why don't people see the most obvious fact which exists today concerning religion

Why have they completely blocked the obvious

For thousands of years the church hunted down, tortured and burned witches at the stake. When people discovered that there is no such thing as a witch they shut up about it. The scripture is still there.

For thousands of years the church tolerated and sometimes accomodated slavery. When the slaves were freed and civil rights laws were written they stopped mentioning it. The scripture is still there.

For thousands of years the church condoned and preached about women being submissive to men. When women began to vote and show up in the workplace the church began to tone down it's rhetoric. The scripture is still there.

Those who place stock in the ONE true God, do it for a variety of reasons.

One of the better reasons is to compel you to obsess over THEIR respective religious beliefs, as though it were any of your fucking concern.

And, it turns out to WORK!

You can be made to obsess endlessly.

You dummmbell.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

LMAO!! Screw him and the jackass he rode in on. I told you...that superstitious voodoo stuff only works on those who believe it.

That's impossible. The OP made it clear that witches dont exist.

Forum List

Back