Why Do Folks Hang With One Of The 4000 Ancient Gods

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
Today as we speak if the south sea islands are included there are more than 4000 gods being worshipped. Take the Christian faith and add more than 44,000 denominations, conventions, sects, cults, sub cults, etc.

Why do people blindly accept one ancient god instead of researching and reading about all religions

Why don't people see the most obvious fact which exists today concerning religion

Why have they completely blocked the obvious

Here's a few absolute, provable facts about the Christian church:

For a thousand years the church required infant baptism. When people began to doubt that an infant might burn in eternal hell fire the church dropped the requirement. The scripture is still there

For thousands of years the church hunted down, tortured and burned witches at the stake. When people discovered that there is no such thing as a witch they shut up about it. The scripture is still there.

For thousands of years the church tolerated and sometimes accomodated slavery. When the slaves were freed and civil rights laws were written they stopped mentioning it. The scripture is still there.

For thousands of years the church condoned and preached about women being submissive to men. When women began to vote and show up in the workplace the church began to tone down it's rhetoric. The scripture is still there.

For thousands of years the church condemned homosexuality but now some have not only accepted Gays into their congregations some Gays are pastoring or ministering chuches. The scripture is still there.

After billions of hell fire and damnation sermons when many began to doubt a soul burning eternally, ordered by the loving, caring god as punishment for his own creatures.....the church has begun to distance itself from the flames by saying all of it was errors in translation. The scripture is still there. Here are some examples:

The man in Luke 16:24 cries: ". . .I am tormented in this FLAME."

In Matthew 13:42, Jesus says: "And shall cast them into a FURNACE OF FIRE: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

In Matthew 25:41, Jesus says: "Depart from me, ye cursed, into EVERLASTING FIRE,. . ."

Revelation 20:15 says, " And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the LAKE OF FIRE."

Daniel 3:6 Whoever does not fall down and worship will immediately be thrown into a" BLA ING FURNACE"

Matthew 3:12 His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with UNQUENCHABLE FIRE."

Matthew 13:50 and throw them into the FIERY FURNACE, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Last edited:
some day facts will mean more than fantasy in this world.

I cant wait until those days arrive in mankind

It will happen some day.

People will have enough information explaining life without fantasy to fill the holes.

There will come a time when MOST humans use fact instead of fantasy to explain the world and life.

I love it when so-called atheists get their knickers in a knot about something they don't believe.

Proselytizing like an evangelical.

:lol:

o my my listen to yall.....

i worship the goddess of witches.......many have since nearly the beginning of times...

hecate is the greek goddess of witches and the crossroads

I love it when so-called atheists get their knickers in a knot about something they don't believe.

I love it when people accept the tales of a few individuals which were generated from their imagination thousands of years ago instead of actually reading about all superstitions. If a supreme "invisible man in the sky" dropped by thousands of years ago and left the only keys to the kingdom with a bunch of ignorant goat herders who believed in witchcraft and that the earth was flat...I've got no use for him.

I love it when people accept the tales of a few individuals which were generated from their imagination thousands of years ago instead of actually reading about all superstitions. If a supreme "invisible man in the sky" dropped by thousands of years ago and left the only keys to the kingdom with a bunch of ignorant goat herders who believed in witchcraft and that the earth was flat...I've got no use for him.
I love it when morons think I'm a Christian (or a Jew, or a Muslim - well, that never happens).

:lmao:

I love it when morons think I'm a Christian (or a Jew, or a Muslim - well, that never happens).

I really could care less what you are or what you believe. 90% of those who read or post here are Christians. Maybe one of them will see it.

I really could care less what you are or what you believe. 90% of those who read or post here are Christians. Maybe one of them will see it.
So, you are proselytizing like an evangelical. It's funny.

I read the bible cover to cover and also the book of mormon before I was 20 years old. By the time I was 30 I had most of the new testament memori ed chapter and verse. I lived and worked in the church till I was over 60 years old. Don't be condescending toward me.....if won't work.

The problem is that kids are brainwashed with a load of superstitious nonsense and then every time they attend a boxing match or a flag waving some ignorant preacher gets up in front of them and spouts more bullshit. It ain't rocket science.

Last edited:

I read the bible cover to cover and also the book of mormon before I was 20 years old. By the time I was 30 I had most of the new testament memori ed chapter and verse. I lived and worked in the church till I was over 60 years old. Don't be condescending toward me.....if won't work.
It's not condescension you are getting from me; you're seeing ridicule for your OCD.

seems to me she's just stating facts. if you've started a thread that didn't involve bashing religion in general and christianity in particular, i missed it.

tell me more about your cooling requirements...

i would rather believe in what you call a fantasy....than be as bitter as you are.....now you are the one electing to spend your 'golden years' being bitter....you can blame this and you can blame that but its up to you from now all...isnt it?

and really dude....you were christianzied? what the fuck...is that suffering in your book....there are a lot of posters are here who had it a lot worse....in their childhoods....and many having difficult times right now.....with serious matters....and you are going on about being christianized? stop the pity party......

pity party: 1 in attendance

Forum List

Back