Why do feminists keep trying to force female celebrities to adopt their label?

Pedro de San Patricio

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2015
California
Feminists asked Katy Perry if she's a feminist. She said no. They proceeded to trash the fuck out of her.
Feminists asked Taylor Swift if she's a feminist. She said no. They proceeded to trash the fuck out of her.
Feminists asked Miley Cyrus if she's a feminist. She said no. They proceeded to trash the fuck out of her.
Feminists asked Beyonce if she's a feminist. She said no. They proceeded to trash the fuck out of her. She changed her answer and took up the label. They claimed that she's not feminist enough and continued using her as a whipping girl even harder.
Feminists asked Elizabeth Grant if she's a feminist. She said no. They proceeded to trash the fuck out of her.
Feminists asked Shailene Woodley if she's a member of their group. She said no. They proceeded to trash the fuck out of her.

Are we seeing a pattern here yet...?

Katy Perry:

But Sunday, Perry’s fear of the other F-word appeared to have diminished. “A feminist? Um, yeah, actually,” she responded. “I used to not really understand what that word meant, and now that I do, it just means that I love myself as a female and I also love men.”

Taylor Swift:

"As a teenager, I didn't understand that saying you're a feminist is just saying that you hope women and men will have equal rights and equal opportunities," she said. "What it seemed to me, the way it was phrased in culture, society, was that you hate men. And now, I think a lot of girls have had a feminist awakening because they understand what the word means.

"For so long it's been made to seem like something where you'd picket against the opposite sex, whereas it's not about that at all. Becoming friends with Lena (Dunham) – without her preaching to me, but just seeing why she believes what she believes, why she says what she says, why she stands for what she stands for – has made me realize that I've been taking a feminist stance without actually saying so."

Miley Cyrus:

"I feel like I'm one of the biggest feminists in the world because I tell women to not be scared of anything," Cyrus said. "For me, it's not even that I'm a feminist. I'm for anybody. I'm for everybody, for everything. I don't care what you wanna do in your life, or who you wanna be with, who you wanna love, who you wanna look like."

Beyonce:

The word feminist "can be very extreme," she told Vogue. "But I guess I am a modern-day feminist. I do believe in equality. Why do you have to choose what type of woman you are? Why do you have to label yourself anything? I'm just a woman and I love being a woman."

:lol:

Why are men's right advocates such wimps, always crying about the mean feminists?

Here's a clue, MRAs. Women don't like men who are always crying. The problem is with you, not the feminists.

Feminists asked Katy Perry if she's a feminist. She said no. They proceeded to trash the fuck out of her.
Feminists asked Taylor Swift if she's a feminist. She said no. They proceeded to trash the fuck out of her.
Feminists asked Miley Cyrus if she's a feminist. She said no. They proceeded to trash the fuck out of her.
Feminists asked Beyonce if she's a feminist. She said no. They proceeded to trash the fuck out of her. She changed her answer and took up the label. They claimed that she's not feminist enough and continued using her as a whipping girl even harder.
Feminists asked Elizabeth Grant if she's a feminist. She said no. They proceeded to trash the fuck out of her.
Feminists asked Shailene Woodley if she's a member of their group. She said no. They proceeded to trash the fuck out of her.

Are we seeing a pattern here yet...?

Yes. Composition fallacy ad infinitum.

The Angora Files

Female celebrities get a lot of exposure in the media these days.

American rock musicians such as Sheryl Crow and Madonna are seen much on TV and have their own websites that people can freely visit to find news and fan-related activities.

Maybe this started with the spotlight on female American news anchors such as Connie Chung.

You can't blame the feminists though. They see various vigilantism-themed comic book adapted TV shows such as "Gotham" (Fox TV) and Hollywood (USA) movies such as "Batman and Robin" (1997) which showcase the fictional radical eco-terrorist Poison Ivy (DC Comics), a botanist-turned-madwoman, and they feel that using such avatars could highlight a feminine mystique.

Doesn't Sheryl Crow still buy audio cassettes?

:afro:

Sheryl Crow

cassette.jpg

Forum List

Back