Why do dogs chase there tail ?

earlycuyler

Extra long Bad Ass Cut.
Sep 17, 2011
Drivers seat.
I watched my dog do this for 45 seconds one time, and when he caught it, he bit it so hard that he yipped and hurt him self. Lesson learned right ? No. This morning me and the kids woke to a strange noise. As we went into the kitchen there was our dog chasing his tail. He did this until he threw up. He is vet checked and healthy, we think he is just not so smart.

I'm guessing dogs chase their tail because they'd really like to catch it because it's itchy or something, so you might help him out some time and hand his tail to him...for him.

Some dogs just don't have a well developed sense of self :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O15DXv3Vwg]Dog Bites own Leg - YouTube[/ame]

for the same reason they lick their balls

Hm, na, I have seen him do both. And he does not have balls anymore. But when he looks over his shoulder and glimpses his tail, he gets this "You son of a bitch" look on his face. And if something does not grab his attention, he go's after it.:cuckoo:

I'm guessing dogs chase their tail because they'd really like to catch it because it's itchy or something, so you might help him out some time and hand his tail to him...for him.

I thought about doing that, but he gets so into it that I think I would be asking to get bit !

Forum List

Back