Why do Dems hate bush so much?

Mr.Conley said:
One thing I notice throughout your post is that you frequently reference past presidents similar inaction to defend Bush's. While it is true that no president has done anything to wean us off oil, does that really justify Bush doing the same? We have identified an obviously bad policy but does saying a previous president followed the same bad policy really justify the current one continuing the course. One of the main reasons democracy is sucessful is because it allows for new leaders and new policy makers who aren't attached to a (large) legacy of policies they have to defend on their "honor" to come in and improve the system. If every president was beholden to the positions and policies of previous administrations then we may as well become a dictatorship. This is something I notice both sides regularly do and just wanted to point out.

So far Bush has put more money than any of his predecessors into hydrogen and other renewable energy research. Why is it when he spends more on education he gets 'unfunded' arguments thrown at him? Why is it when he spends more on research for renewable energy he only gets credit for not doing enough, ignoring the extra spending....

It gets tired hearing the two majors go at who was worse for doing less/more than another. I wish all the danged spending would go by the wayside...

Government is not the only solution to these issues.

Mr.Conley said:
One thing I notice throughout your post is that you frequently reference past presidents similar inaction to defend Bush's. While it is true that no president has done anything to wean us off oil, does that really justify Bush doing the same? We have identified an obviously bad policy but does saying a previous president followed the same bad policy really justify the current one continuing the course. One of the main reasons democracy is sucessful is because it allows for new leaders and new policy makers who aren't attached to a (large) legacy of policies they have to defend on their "honor" to come in and improve the system. If every president was beholden to the positions and policies of previous administrations then we may as well become a dictatorship. This is something I notice both sides regularly do and just wanted to point out.

if you hate someone for the same things that you and yours are guilty of is not your hate unjustified?

i hate to tell you but each president is pretty beholden to the satus quo.....and if i am wrong tell me of a major shift enacted by a president in the past 50 years.....

i am of the opinion that all president maybe in the past 100 years have acomplished nothing.....wars and economic issues and outside influence have forced hands but not one has done a damn thing of thier own doing....they all promise they all do nothing

Mr.Conley said:
I think you're right, plus people got really pissed over the whole going to war in Iraq.
What people? Most polls at the time showed support for the invasion between 55-65%.
Mariner said:
Though I agree that in legal terms, the election went to Bush in 2000, there's a lingering bad feeling. So many things had to go wrong in Florida for Gore to lose. If Palm Beach had used a normal ballot, 3000 Gore votes wouldn't have been thrown out.
Democrats complaining about Democratic controlled counties and their mistakes

Kathianne said:
Harding was a lousy president, but not as bad a Jimmy Carter, at least Harding had the good grace to die.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Oh, Kathianne, sometimes you can be absolutely delicious with your wit!!!!!!

Forum List

Back