Why do democrats want more people on foodstamps and welfare

They don't.

Yes they do. They believe assistance fosters dependence. That the poor are to blame for their poverty. They’re lazy. They won’t quit smoking pot so they can pass a drug test. They don’t want to work so many hours that they’ll lose their benefits.

Ray nails every rightwing talking point about the poor every single thread. Every lie that Republicans tell the taxpayers about how the poor are living the high life on their tax dollars.
The lie is in the term, "who need it". The Republican goal is to help only those who truly need help, and to get even those to the point where they no longer need help. That's the difference between the democrat and the Republican approach. The democrat approach apparently is to get as many people dependent on government assistance as possible, because they continually find new things they think the government should provide.

I love when Republicans attack the poor for receiving a few benefits that republicans think they really don't "need" You don't need a color TV, you don't need air conditioning, you don't need access to the internet

Meanwhile, they extend a $1.5 trillion tax cut to billionaires
Where is the "need"??
Keeping money you have already earned is not a welfare benefit. Nice little false equivalency there. And, like so many other times, you completely ignored what I wrote. I said nothing about what was needed, but rather focused on those who truly could not provide for themselves vs those who could, but choose not to.

You got it completely wrong.

I am not surprised.

Sorry

But a little over 200 years ago, We the People created a more perfect union

In that union we determined how revenue would be raised and that involved taxes on your profit.

Republicans decided it was more important to borrow $1.5 trillion and give it to the rich while they bitch about people having healthcare
Sorry, but you're yammering about a tax cut when I'm talking about helping people who really need help.

Isn't it better for Americans to have jobs and self respect?

Democratic Party on Welfare & Poverty
We want them on foodstamps if they're hungry. Provide jobs that pay them enough to keep their families fed and less people would need them.
Any other questions?
Or they could get a better job themselves. Or get 2 jobs like i have had to do.

We have 30 million working Americans who require government assistance

Can you look at our economic statistics and identify 30 million better jobs or 30 million second jobs waiting to be filled?

Want to find the money?
We just gave $1.5 trillion to our wealthiest citizens

If you divided that money among the 30 million Americans who work and still need welfare you would come out with $50,000 a worker

More than enough to get them off welfare

We want them on foodstamps if they're hungry. Provide jobs that pay them enough to keep their families fed and less people would need them.
Any other questions?

Can you look at our economic statistics and identify 30 million better jobs or 30 million second jobs waiting to be filled?
There are jobs everywhere.
I have no sympathy for a person trying to feed their family with a high schooler job at Wendys for minimum wage. Also, if they cant afford to feed more heads without going on the dole, wrap up.
I swear, it really isnt that complicated.

Any other questions?

Oh my god, dont you know the billionairs have been just waiting for those tax breaks and deregulation to open the floodgates for hiring.

Let's face reality. The days of high paying, unskilled jobs are gone and are not coming back. You cannot graduate from high school, do shift work at the mill for 40 years, send your kids to college and retire comfortably with a full pension at 65, and forcing employers to pay artificially high wages for work that is not worth the pay is not the answer.

Any other questions?

I have no sympathy for a person trying to feed their family with a high schooler job at Wendys for minimum wage. Also, if they cant afford to feed more heads without going on the dole, wrap up.

OK

Show me a labor report with 30 million unfilled jobs

Let's face reality. The days of high paying, unskilled jobs are gone and are not coming back. You cannot graduate from high school, do shift work at the mill for 40 years, send your kids to college and retire comfortably with a full pension at 65, and forcing employers to pay artificially high wages for work that is not worth the pay is not the answer.

Probably not

But with record profits and a 50% cut in taxes, employers cannot claim they cannot afford higher wages

I certainly do not have enough interest to read 15 pages of GOP stereotyped drivel, but, hopefully, at least somewhere, somebody has posted something about "free Obamaphones" that were actually initiated during the Reagan Administration. It just wouldn't be the same boilerplate drival if it has been left out...

Any other questions?

OK

You missed about half my post, buddy.
The other half is irrelevant anyways. What if one area of the country has 60% of the jobs?
Also, that number doesnt reflect how many of those people would ACTUALLY be willing to change their lives for the betterment of themselves and their family.
Your post is a circle jerk made for idiots. Try again?

Probably not

But with record profits and a 50% cut in taxes, employers cannot claim they cannot afford higher wages
You're missing the point. Forcing artificially higher wages would only drain any reserves the employers currently have, leaving them with higher labor costs than they can afford. Sure, they may be able to pay them now, but for how long?

Why do Republicans want to take food stamps and welfare away from people who need it?

They don't.
The rich already got richer; social welfare cuts were on the table for the right wing. Y'all, recanting now.
Name a welfare program that gets less money next year than this one and we can talk.
Let me know when the right wing will enact another amendment to Prohibit forms of Commerce.

Any other questions?

OK

You missed about half my post, buddy.
The other half is irrelevant anyways. What if one area of the country has 60% of the jobs?
Also, that number doesnt reflect how many of those people would ACTUALLY be willing to change their lives for the betterment of themselves and their family.
Your post is a circle jerk made for idiots. Try again?

It is your solution, not mine
You claim we do not need welfare or food stamps because all people need to do is find a better paying job or work two jobs

I am merely asking you to support your solution by identifying 30 million unfilled "better jobs" or second jobs waiting to be filled

Otherwise, we can only assume that your solution does not solve the problem

Probably not

You're missing the point. Forcing artificially higher wages would only drain any reserves the employers currently have, leaving them with higher labor costs than they can afford. Sure, they may be able to pay them now, but for how long?

They have $2 trillion in reserve and just got a $1.5 trillion tax cut
Don't try to tell me they "can't afford" higher wages

Do they use that same excuse for executive pay?

Forum List

Back