Why do democrats want more people on foodstamps and welfare

Social services cost around fourteen dollars an hour, anyway. It is more rational to pay better than that social safety net.

Again, that's on average, which means that it's not tailored to the locality. Do you really think $14/hr is sufficient to live on in New York city? Be real. Far better to let NYC set whatever level it wants to supply, and rural Alabama set theirs.
It is another form of minimum wage. I believe I could find a place to stay, with fourteen dollars an hour as income on a regular basis.
Lets face it.......those who go with the DUMS frequently are the miserable amongst us. People who have made fucked up personal decisions leading them to a shitty lot in life. So they have to blame somebody for their misery. Never did get that? I couldn't give a crap what rich people make. Most work their balls off.........I harbor no ill will. Trying to make the rest of the world miserable because you are is ghey.

Libs like to pretend that all poor people are either handicapped or suffer from mental disorders. They refuse to admit that people are poor due to low iQ and poor decision making. Bear in mind, most Liberals here are poor...they wouldn’t dare want to acknowledge that they themselves are the cause of their situation.
The right wing is worse. The law is, employment at the will of either party, not just the employer.

Not the way you're misinterpreting it. The employer is under no obligation to hire you, even if you were to apply.
Employment is at-will. I would be naturally unemployed and should qualify for unemployment compensation.

And, EDD should have to prove, for-cause employment to deny and disparage benefits.

You can choose to not work. Society has chosen to not pay you for doing so.

As a Dem, I want more people working jobs where they don't need government assistance

As a Dem, I want more people working jobs where they don't need government assistance

So do we on the right. It's just that we want those people to be worth more money--not force industry to pay them more money than they are worth.

There will always be about 20 percent of the population in low skilled jobs. Either through a lack of capability to do more or the need for those jobs

Those jobs used to pay enough so the workers could support themselves without government help. They no longer do

So do we on the right. It's just that we want those people to be worth more money--not force industry to pay them more money than they are worth.

There will always be about 20 percent of the population in low skilled jobs. Either through a lack of capability to do more or the need for those jobs

Those jobs used to pay enough so the workers could support themselves without government help. They no longer do

Because anybody can do those jobs. The more people that will come in and do your job, the less value you have. Therefore the only option is to make your labor worth more money to employers.

Again, that's on average, which means that it's not tailored to the locality. Do you really think $14/hr is sufficient to live on in New York city? Be real. Far better to let NYC set whatever level it wants to supply, and rural Alabama set theirs.
It is another form of minimum wage. I believe I could find a place to stay, with fourteen dollars an hour as income on a regular basis.
Lets face it.......those who go with the DUMS frequently are the miserable amongst us. People who have made fucked up personal decisions leading them to a shitty lot in life. So they have to blame somebody for their misery. Never did get that? I couldn't give a crap what rich people make. Most work their balls off.........I harbor no ill will. Trying to make the rest of the world miserable because you are is ghey.

Libs like to pretend that all poor people are either handicapped or suffer from mental disorders. They refuse to admit that people are poor due to low iQ and poor decision making. Bear in mind, most Liberals here are poor...they wouldn’t dare want to acknowledge that they themselves are the cause of their situation.
The right wing is worse. The law is, employment at the will of either party, not just the employer.

Not the way you're misinterpreting it. The employer is under no obligation to hire you, even if you were to apply.
Employment is at-will. I would be naturally unemployed and should qualify for unemployment compensation.

And, EDD should have to prove, for-cause employment to deny and disparage benefits.

Only illegals to the law. The law is, employment at will. Why does the right wing have a problem being legal to the law?

Because anybody can do those jobs. The more people that will come in and do your job, the less value you have. Therefore the only option is to make your labor worth more money to employers.
Exactly

They have no bargaining power
Not that the job is not worth more, but low skilled employees have no leverage in demanding more pay

This allows employers to exploit those employees while the taxpayer makes up the difference

Government used to stand up for these employees through a minimum wage......they haven't looked out for them in nine years

Only illegals to the law. The law is, employment at will. Why does the right wing have a problem being legal to the law?

Dude, your smoke fogged interpretation means nothing. You have no right to the public purse. You can work, do it.

Dude, your smoke fogged interpretation means nothing. You have no right to the public purse. You can work, do it.
dear, providing for the general welfare, makes it a dis-pursable issue.

Exactly

Not that the job is not worth more, but low skilled employees have no leverage in demanding more pay

This allows employers to exploit those employees while the taxpayer makes up the difference

Government used to stand up for these employees through a minimum wage......they haven't looked out for them in nine years

Our federal government is not there to look out for people, our federal government is there to govern. Our founders wanted people looking out for themselves, their family, and perhaps their neighbors.

If the federal government is going to force people to pay what the government wants, the next thing you know they will be forcing people to do other things like how much to pay for a car, how much to pay for a home, how much they should pay for healthcare insurance.............whoops!

I'm a republican, but there is a problem with this. I agree you can't just artificially raise wages, but you can't just tell a huge portion of the working class that they are worthless, so you should just go become worth something. That is like Alan Greenspan telling poor people they should all go get college degrees or you are toast. Guess what, most of these people can't just magically become stem experts. I think it is a tough problem.

Exactly

Our federal government is not there to look out for people, our federal government is there to govern. Our founders wanted people looking out for themselves, their family, and perhaps their neighbors.

If the federal government is going to force people to pay what the government wants, the next thing you know they will be forcing people to do other things like how much to pay for a car, how much to pay for a home, how much they should pay for healthcare insurance.............whoops!
Providing for the general welfare means taking care of them.

I'm a republican, but there is a problem with this. I agree you can't just artificially raise wages, but you can't just tell a huge portion of the working class that they are worthless, so you should just go become worth something. That is like Alan Greenspan telling poor people they should all go get college degrees or you are toast. Guess what, most of these people can't just magically become stem experts. I think it is a tough problem.

Welcome to USMB Dusty.

There is no huge portion of the working class here. Minimum wage workers represent about 3% of our workforce, so all this talk about MW increases will only directly affect a very small number of workers.

It's the ramifications that are the problem. Raise MW to $15.00 an hour, and the worker that was making $15.00 an hour will want $22.00 an hour. The person that was making $22.00 an hour will want $30.00 an hour and so on.

At the end of a year or so, the people who got the MW increase will be right back to where they started from because everything else will get much more expensive. Nothing gained and all that would really happen is more industries leaving our country for China or India.

Exactly

Hate to burst your bubble. I would suggest getting a job.
What does the General Welfare Clause really mean?

Exactly

Hate to burst your bubble. I would suggest getting a job.
What does the General Welfare Clause really mean?
Sorry to burst your bubble, dear. Only republicans have to follow the republican doctrine.

Why do conservatives make shit up and lie all the time ?
Why do you deny what you are and what you believe in?

Belief that a social safety net is necessary and helpful is not the same thing as wanting people poor and dependent.

Your OP is based on a fallacy, but then you knew that when you posted it. If you didn’t know it was a lie, you’re too stupid to bother with.

Forum List

Back