Why DO Democrats Want College Students To DIe??

Hey Rabies, maybe you need to look a little deeper into this issue.

Health Overhaul Could Threaten Student Health Plans

HHS spokeswoman Jessica Santillo said the secretary has received the letter and "looks forward to sending a response."

The request comes amid continued scrutiny of student health plans — including an ongoing investigation by New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo, who said in April that some of the plans leave students "at risk while providing massive profits for insurance companies."

His investigation found that policies offered to New York students were inexpensive, ranging from as little as $100 a school year to more than $2,500. But the benefits also vary widely, with some capping annual coverage at $25,000 a year or setting per-illness caps as low as $700.

"Buying these kinds of low-quality products with low premiums enables colleges" to keep down students' costs. "But the problem is the protection provided students under the plans isn't sufficient," says Mark Rukavina of the Access Project, an advocacy group in Boston that has studied student health plans. "If you are a student who needs care, given the caps on benefits, you are in trouble."

Last edited by a moderator:
I realize you are stupid. I realize you are a partisan hack of the first order. But please, Andrew Cuomo? The man has lied about more investigations than Carters has pills. Don't pretend this has anything to do with malfeasance by the insurers. It is entirely about government control of health care and health insurance. The policies are fine. They ahve worked for 30 years or more.

I realize you are stupid. I realize you are a partisan hack of the first order. But please, Andrew Cuomo? The man has lied about more investigations than Carters has pills. Don't pretend this has anything to do with malfeasance by the insurers. It is entirely about government control of health care and health insurance. The policies are fine. They ahve worked for 30 years or more.

There is no bigger partisan hack than YOU Rabies.

I don't have to 'pretend' this has anything to do with malfeasance by the insurers, because it DOES. The colleges and insurance cartels have been ripping off students for years. Now, someone has turned over that rock, and we find the slime.

Keep up your Monica Lewinsky act on the wealthy as long as you want, the only thing that will ever 'trickle down' will be on you chin.

Well, at least he's being honest that it's a troll thread.

Although I guess he doesn't want the bar for the conversation to be very high.

Well, at least he's being honest that it's a troll thread.

Although I guess he doesn't want the bar for the conversation to be very high.

That's why you're here, right?

While the title is trolling, the subject is valid. Bgfknidjit couldn't formulate an argument to save his ass, merely repeating Andrew Cuomo's talking points.
The issue is that students will end up with NO health insurance because big daddy in Washington insists on coverages that will make policies way too expensive. Unnecessarily of course.

While the thread title is strongly worded - the potential implications of yet another aspect of Obamacare, a massive bill still being read to understand, is legit, and the attempts of this bill to herd all people into one enormous nationalized health plan even more so.

From a year ago:
_____

President Obama’s Dialogue on healthcare consistently demeans the role of doctors.

...Case in point, on July 22nd, Obama indicated that doctors would engage in medical procedures for the simple sake of lining their pockets – in this specific example, removing tonsils from children. A few weeks prior, Obama responded to a woman’s story of her 100-year old mother getting a pacemaker that doctors would better serve certain patients by telling them painkiller might be better than the procedure

...What President Obama is doing with his demonizing of the medical profession, is give justification for having a government panel oversee the day-to-day decisions of these doctors, with a series of set fees related to each medical service, as is currently done with Medicare, a government program that continues to be burdened under ever increasing debt and questions of overall quality. Medicare does not pay out based upon a doctor’s skill or actual outcome of any given medical procedure, so in effect, there is no motivation for a physician to improve under a Medicare type program – the very type of program Obama now wishes to inflict upon all Americans, and the doctors who are sworn to administer to them.
_____

Full article:

Obama’s War on Doctors | Newsflavor

Forum List

Back