Why do Democrats/Progressives not protest pro sports teams???

Boycotting pro sports is the simple and peaceful solution to all our problems. yes, even war. If we boycotted pro sports here in the U.S,. It would throw the multinational corporations into a wtf? Situation. It is the answer to a peacefull revolultion.

I can't understand this. Democrats do not protest professional sports teams. Why? In consistency, they would. Here is why.

Rich- Pro sports owners are insanely rich, so are the players. But, they have minimum wage workers doing restroom cleanup, field maintenance, parking attendants, etc. So, at an NFL game, you have a billionaire owner, 53 millionaire players, a 10 millionaire coaches.............then 200-300 low wage people staffing the massive stadium to make the show go on. Why don't they protest this? Probably biggest example of income inequality in all of society. And that is a LOT of money changing hands at NFL, NBA games.

Diversity- Have you seen the rosters of NBA and NFL teams? NO DIVERSITY. Especially in the NBA, but also in the NFL. It's probably the least diverse workplace in all of our society. Yet, the left says nothing about it. Why? These are incredibly high paying, desirable jobs. Why isn't the left demanding a more diverse workforce? Sure, they're performing a physical task, but isn't every blue collar worker? Some computer technicians have more talent for their trade than others, just like a football player may have more talent for his trade. But the left only demands diversity in certain careers.

Capitalist- These sports teams thrive off the millions of common "workers" who spend their hard earned money to watch the games. High priced tickets, high priced food and drinks, high priced t-shirts. The NFL has basically disenfranchised poor people through high ticket costs. A poor family in Chicago can't afford to go to a Bears game. Or a Jets game. Even though tax money partially funded those stadiums. The owners/players are getting rich off the backs of the common man who simply wants to watch a ball game.

So, I hope the left will take to protesting one of the worst offenders of wealth inequality, lack of diversity, and pure capitalist greed: The NFL and NBA. I'll hold my breathe til they do!!

Perhaps because the vast majority of sports franchise owners are LIBERALS?

Perhaps because the NBA has a majority of black players?

Perhaps because the NFL has a majority of black players?

Forum List

Back