Why Do Democrats Hate The Elderly and Wish Them Dead?

This is an attemopt by the govt to reduce duplications and beaucractic overhead. I thought republicans wanted that?

And besides they want to do away with medicare alltogether.

More false outrage from the right.

I second that.

Any republican complaining about entitlement program changes needs to add 'hypocrite' to their title.

Conservative thought will be banned under the new Healthcare reform act as so much negativity. greed, and self centered narcissism only leads to depression and grouchy, lined faces, and furthermore is in opposition to the general welfare clause of the constitution. mc5

Are Repubs dancing like puppets to the tune of some insurance companies that will be losing govt paid bucks on this deal?

I hope you're not suggesting that politicians and businessmen might be acting in an untoward manner.

Are Repubs dancing like puppets to the tune of some insurance companies that will be losing govt paid bucks on this deal?

I hope you're not suggesting that politicians and businessmen might be acting in an untoward manner.

Suggesting that it just could be possible. Not sure on the details of the plans and how it impacts the insurers.

One thing is certain, republicans love to dance to the corporate tunes.

Suggesting that it just could be possible. Not sure on the details of the plans and how it impacts the insurers.

As opposed to Democrats who are for the common man????
ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::cuckoo::eusa_liar:

This is an attemopt by the govt to reduce duplications and beaucractic overhead. I thought republicans wanted that?

And besides they want to do away with medicare alltogether.

More false outrage from the right.

I second that.

Any republican complaining about entitlement program changes needs to add 'hypocrite' to their title.

Conservative thought will be banned under the new Healthcare reform act as so much negativity. greed, and self centered narcissism only leads to depression and grouchy, lined faces, and furthermore is in opposition to the general welfare clause of the constitution. mc5

And you guys wonder why we think Liberals want to install a totalitarian rule on us all.

Because Liberals are constantly making comments like this one. that Conservative thought should be banned lol.

Apparently not.

In other news.......

“I don’t think you want me to waste my time to read every page of the health care bill. You know why? It’s statutory language,” Baucus said. “We hire experts.”

Baucus's bill came out of the Senate Finance Committee, meaning unlike every other health care bill that was being considered, it wasn't written in statutory language. It was written in plain English (have a look), describing in regular paragraphs what the policy change was to be (and, in fact, comparing it with then-current law). Staff lawyers later converted that into statutory language, which took it from 200-odd pages to over 1,000.

As opposed to Democrats who are for the common man????
ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::cuckoo::eusa_liar:

A handful of them are. but alas only a handful are left.
They still do more for the common man than the right red stain does.
Did the right [push for unemployment benefits? Or just call the laid off lazy druggers?

I've felt so left out of all the trolling threads this morning that I had to post my own.
So Obamacare (if you like your plan, you can keep it. Remember that one??) is now forcing seniors to change plans.
Discuss:
More than 3M seniors may have to switch drug plans - Yahoo! News

From your article:
"Some opponents of the (health care) law may say that this is taking away choices, but we have heard from our members for years that the (drug coverage) options can be confusing," said Nora Super, AARP's top health care lobbyist. The seniors lobby supports the change. AARP's public policy branch is separate from its business side, which sponsors Medicare and other insurance plans.

Medicare official Blum said the agency is working with insurers to keep disruptions to a minimum. For example, seniors could be automatically reassigned to a comparable plan offered by their insurance company. Premiums may not necessarily be any higher, Medicare officials said.

"We are not reducing the number of quality plans," said Blum, adding that having fewer, more distinct choices will benefit seniors.

Besides eliminating duplicative basic coverage, insurers that offer more than one enhanced coverage plan will have to show the second plan clearly offers better value. Medicare is expected to release its list of drug plans for 2011 late next month.

What's your problem? No one is going to go without coverage, and the goal is to REDUCE unnecessary costs. Another no-brainer that the no-brainers don't comprehend. Sad.

Not many libertarians over 30 out there is there?
why Clearasil donates a lot to Ron Paul.

Last edited:
Most of Americas elderly vote conservative and are white.

But they sure do love their Medicare, Medicare ADVANTAGE, and Medicare Part D drug coverage, don't they...Along with all those state programs that provide for free in-home housekeeping and personal care, free transportation for shopping and doctor appointments, plus I'll bet most have a copy of "Free Stuff for Seniors" parked right next to their Bibles. I'm not knocking the elderly; after all, I'm almost in that classification myself. But I just haven't become senile enough to think that white conservatives care enough to give me all those perks.

The elderly are a waste of air and space. They do not pay taxes. They are depleting our SS system.
Oh yeah...and they always smell like pot roast. Whats that all about?

I do hope that was a joke. If not, I can only assume you've gone completely off the deep end, when you've just been teetering on the edge until now.

Most of Americas elderly vote conservative and are white.

But they sure do love their Medicare, Medicare ADVANTAGE, and Medicare Part D drug coverage, don't they...Along with all those state programs that provide for free in-home housekeeping and personal care, free transportation for shopping and doctor appointments, plus I'll bet most have a copy of "Free Stuff for Seniors" parked right next to their Bibles. I'm not knocking the elderly; after all, I'm almost in that classification myself. But I just haven't become senile enough to think that white conservatives care enough to give me all those perks.

Are you talking about the people that already paid into it for their entire working life? Maybe the Government can send all their money back, with interest, then see where many of then stand on "free" programs. If you wana play that game, you have to play by the rules.

WASHINGTON (AP)— A plan by Medicare to try to make it simpler for consumers to pick drug coverage could force 3 million seniors to switch plans next year whether they like it or not, says an independent analysis.
That risks undercutting President Barack Obama’s promise that people can keep their health plans if they like them.
And it could be an unwelcome surprise for many seniors who hadn’t intended to make a change during Medicare’s open enrollment season this fall.
The analysis by Avalere Health, a leading private research firm, estimated that more than 3 million beneficiaries will see their prescription plan eliminated as part of a new effort by Medicare to winnow down duplicative coverage and offer consumers more meaningful choices.

That "story" has already been debunked as being strictly hypothetical based on old numbers.

Healthwatch - The Hill's Healthwatch
The group [Avalere] was quick to note that its figures are approximate estimates, given that analysts didn't have access either to details about 2010 out-of-pocket costs or to information about 2011 plan offerings.

"Given those limitations," Avalere said, "our estimates represent a conservative approximation of the potential impact of plan changes to meet the new requirements on beneficiaries."

Still, the office of Rep. Dave Camp (Mich.), senior Republican on the Ways and Means Committee, shot out the analysis to reporters Wednesday.

Avalere's figures were based on an examination of Part D beneficiaries who, as of last February, were enrolled in standalone plans offered by the top 10 Part D sponsors.

Avalere is one of the many health care lobbying firms that collectively spent over $6 million lobbying against health care reform.

Forum List

Back